The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Saw a octane red demon yesterday in Daytona and it is without a doubt the nicest red I have EVER seen on a car, and even though not a red car fan this ride was sweeet. John you did pick the right color for your beast..the depth was amazing....stunning describes it best............
  • NotaSuv wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »
    LOL. What is wrong with people spending all that money on something that sits idle most of the time. Buy stereo gear that you can use 24/7. :)

Just kidding. Enjoy life. It doesn’t last long enough.

it58hzutzbj4.jpg

Daily driver here as the production numbers of the Demon and Hellcat aren't those that one will be worth putting it away and wait for it to double in price will be a long time but that's only my opinion.....previous owner had a CQuartz ceramic coating put on the car....looks great for 20,000 miles.....Looks like Fl and Ca sold most of their allotment way over dealer MSRP so the wait is longer....right now delivery is dependent upon what the buyer paid OVER list....guess those in Fl and Ca have deep pockets....

Whoever paid the least gets the first ones and whoever paid the most will get theirs last.

Gotta love how that works. B)
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    Whoever paid the least gets the first ones and whoever paid the most will get theirs last.

I like the concept, but the only one suffering is the consumer. The dealers should be the ones punished for selling so high above MSRP, but unless I'm missing something, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank?
  • scubalab wrote: »

I like the concept, but the only one suffering is the consumer. The dealers should be the ones punished for selling so high above MSRP, but unless I'm missing something, they'll be laughing all the way to the bank?

Dodge doesn't approve of price gouging, this is how they are handling it.

Greedy dealers wind up with mad customers and dealers who aren't greedy have happy ones.

This winds up punishing dealers and costing them customers in the long run.

The dealers will have pissed off customers because of their price gouging. They have to deal with that and the fact that it will probably cost them a customer next time.

What comes around goes around...

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Yep, Ford is actually suing John Cenna for selling a rare production bird before the agreement says he can.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Some dealers were taking deposits on Demons before allocations were made and they could be ordered. When they became available to order Dodge wouldn't accept any orders that were presold. The customers had to come in and redo the deal before their cars could be ordered.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    scubalab wrote: »

The "S" in MSRP means suggested :|

My personal assessment of auto dealers' price gouging dates back to the first energy crisis and the Japanese auto dealers -- particularly Honda.

As I remember it, the Accord was new and "hot" in 1974 (i.e., the right car for those times) -- Accords also offered a lot of car for the - ahem - MSRP, which was something like $3995 (?).

So, demand was through the roof, and the dealers (perhaps in cahoots with the US distributors, I dunno) took advantage of the situation by selling the cars with outrageously priced dealer-installed accessories. Pin stripes, luggage racks, stuff like that, at outrageous markups.

I was "down" on the Japanese cars for decades due to that; it really rubbed me the wrong way. I still don't like the attitudes at most of the big Japanese marques' dealers "Why wouldn't you want to buy one of these? if you don't, that's not our problem -- there are plenty of folks walkin' towards the door that do".

I will say that our local Honda dealer was pretty cool (Mrs. H bought a Honda mostly because she liked the dealer far better than the local Soobie or Toyota dealers) -- although the local Honda place has fairly recently been bought by one of the big dealer networks :(

Whoa, that turned out to be a pretty vitriolic screed!

sorry...

:p

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited December 2017
    We expect nothing less from you, Doc.

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Doc? I get it. He's one of the 7 dwarves! (I refuse to call them "dwarfs". That's like saying Toronto Maple Leafs. "Leaves" is the plural of leaf. Every backwater, cousin-kissin' numb-skull knows that.)

Anywhich, if Mark is "Doc", who here is Grumpy? Bashful? Dopey? Sneezy? Happy? Sleepy? Creepy? Junkie? Tipsy?

• mhardy6647

well -- sometime I might write a happy screed, you know?

;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled demons...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Doc? I get it. He's one of the 7 dwarves! (I refuse to call them "dwarfs". That's like saying Toronto Maple Leafs. "Leaves" is the plural of leaf. Every backwater, cousin-kissin' numb-skull knows that.)

Anywhich, if Mark is "Doc", who here is Grumpy? Bashful? Dopey? Sneezy? Happy? Sleepy? Creepy? Junkie? Tipsy?

Lightman is all of the above..
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647

He's Peripatetic.

actually, maybe he is all seven -- rolled into one. Kind of a macrodwarf.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited December 2017

Now that you mention that, John, I think I left out a few. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034

Now that you mention that, John, I think I left out a few. :p
    You are right on that count, and far too many that would get us banned for thinking of them.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb wrote: »
    charley95 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    If you were closer, I'd be happy to install PPF on it for you. I can't recommend 3M though, lately it's been a PITA to use/install. They've messed with the adhesive and it's reacting poorly with the color or print layer. Makes things more difficult to install than it used to be.

I've got a guy coming down from Chicago on thursday that does ExPel who does work for a local dealer here. A friend of mine uses him on all of his vehicles and is impressed with his workmanship. I bought a new black Lexus and it has the 3M on the partial hood and fenders from Lexus on the factory window sticker. I still haven't gotten a clear answer as to whether the dealer or factory installed the film? Maybe you might know?

I must say, I'm not impressed with the 3M film. There's some wrinkled areas and scratches will not compound out from paint correction. He's gonna cover the front bumper,headlights,rockers,bottom half of the doors, rear bumper sides,door handle cups,painted sill areas on door openings,A pillars, small area in front of sun roof,side mirrors,install clear door edge guards all for $1400. Does this sound reasonable to you?

I don't know what the rate is to have all of that covered but, it sounded pretty reasonable to me considering the fact he's coming to my house to install. Did you get training on install and how is your business? I'm almost considering becoming an installer myself if there's a market in my region. I'm not real sure though since my city is economically depressed. It's fascinating to watch you guys install this stuff.

You talking about that clear finished protection they put on them for the hood/mirrors/etc ?

I have that on my RX-350....hate it. Why ? While it works to some degree to protect from those little nicks and dings from road debri/rocks, it still doesn't protect against all of it. You can't really fix it either, and after a while looks like crap. You wax the car and the wax is caught along the lines and builds up making those lines more apparent over time.

Nothing is going to stop everything, I get that, and when you spend big bucks you want as much protection as you can get. I wish those people who make that hard shell candy coating for ice cream cones made something for automobiles . :)

I get it Tony. It's not a 100% but, they are making improvements on the product. Every time ya wax you take a tooth pick to clean up the edge. Some colors show it worse than others. My buds white Jeep shows it considerably. I'm not sure how it will look on black over time. I think it has a 10yr. warranty if I'm not mistaken, not sure though, I'll ask the installer. One nice thing about is if it gets mild scratches hot water clears it up. The 3M guy on here should chime in and give us pros & cons of the product. This car won't be a daily driver anyway since I'm retired. I just know our black RX is looking crappy with all the rock chips on it and I use Dr. Color Chip on it. If you use a thick wax on yours I could see why it would look bad on the edges. Don't know about your RX but, mine has very soft paint that chips quite easily.
  • Sorry to hijack this thread Noosh. I'll start another one and see if Festyboy chimes in.
  • lightman1

Dopey here....
  • lightman1
    edited December 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

He's Peripatetic.

actually, maybe he is all seven -- rolled into one. Kind of a macrodwarf.

6'3" 210lb Dwarf......a vexing conundrum...

A roaming giant gnome.... ;) Thought you could slip one by me, Doc?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    6'3" 210lb Dwarf......a vexing conundrum...
    There has to be at least one to put on the tree topper
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2017
    A roaming giant gnome....

Why am I put to mind of that rock classic Spill the Wine by Eric Burdon and War.

https://youtu.be/W77Kwh6f0TE
    ...As I fell asleep and dreamed
    I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
    And that I was the star of the movie
    This really blew my mind
    The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping gnome
    Should be the star of a Hollywood movie, hmmm...

(emphasis added)

:|

EDIT: only the leaping gnome part -- not the overfed, nor the long haired nor any of that other stuff...
  • tonyb
    tonyb wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    If you were closer, I'd be happy to install PPF on it for you. I can't recommend 3M though, lately it's been a PITA to use/install. They've messed with the adhesive and it's reacting poorly with the color or print layer. Makes things more difficult to install than it used to be.

I've got a guy coming down from Chicago on thursday that does ExPel who does work for a local dealer here. A friend of mine uses him on all of his vehicles and is impressed with his workmanship. I bought a new black Lexus and it has the 3M on the partial hood and fenders from Lexus on the factory window sticker. I still haven't gotten a clear answer as to whether the dealer or factory installed the film? Maybe you might know?

I must say, I'm not impressed with the 3M film. There's some wrinkled areas and scratches will not compound out from paint correction. He's gonna cover the front bumper,headlights,rockers,bottom half of the doors, rear bumper sides,door handle cups,painted sill areas on door openings,A pillars, small area in front of sun roof,side mirrors,install clear door edge guards all for $1400. Does this sound reasonable to you?

I don't know what the rate is to have all of that covered but, it sounded pretty reasonable to me considering the fact he's coming to my house to install. Did you get training on install and how is your business? I'm almost considering becoming an installer myself if there's a market in my region. I'm not real sure though since my city is economically depressed. It's fascinating to watch you guys install this stuff.

You talking about that clear finished protection they put on them for the hood/mirrors/etc ?

I have that on my RX-350....hate it. Why ? While it works to some degree to protect from those little nicks and dings from road debri/rocks, it still doesn't protect against all of it. You can't really fix it either, and after a while looks like crap. You wax the car and the wax is caught along the lines and builds up making those lines more apparent over time.

Nothing is going to stop everything, I get that, and when you spend big bucks you want as much protection as you can get. I wish those people who make that hard shell candy coating for ice cream cones made something for automobiles . :)

I get it Tony. It's not a 100% but, they are making improvements on the product. Every time ya wax you take a tooth pick to clean up the edge. Some colors show it worse than others. My buds white Jeep shows it considerably. I'm not sure how it will look on black over time. I think it has a 10yr. warranty if I'm not mistaken, not sure though, I'll ask the installer. One nice thing about is if it gets mild scratches hot water clears it up. The 3M guy on here should chime in and give us pros & cons of the product. This car won't be a daily driver anyway since I'm retired. I just know our black RX is looking crappy with all the rock chips on it and I use Dr. Color Chip on it. If you use a thick wax on yours I could see why it would look bad on the edges. Don't know about your RX but, mine has very soft paint that chips quite easily.

I hear ya man, even Lexus doesn't make 'em like they used to. My 96 once got keyed and I asked the body shop to repair it to factory spec, no Earl Shibe paint jobs please.

Spec was something like 11 coats of paint and 3 coats primer. That car hardly ever chipped. My 09 chips like crazy if something hits it. Granted, certain colors are worse for showcasing the chips but I feel Lexus quality is slipping a bit from the 90's era models. I also have a 99 gs300 with 280 on the clock, and that body has less chips than my 09. Tell ya what though, none of my lexus cars ever had a speck of rust on them, even after 20 years.

In any event, nice ride you have, and the Demon I'm sure will be a monster.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Fleet mileage is a huge priority so if they can save weight, paint is one of the areas. Every little bit helps, especially on high volume cars/suvs, etc.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • tonyb
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Fleet mileage is a huge priority so if they can save weight, paint is one of the areas. Every little bit helps, especially on high volume cars/suvs, etc.

I doubt it's because of weight for transportation purposes. Possibly weight to meet increasing MPG requirements. Another area where they have been cutting weight is with your rotors. My 90's era cars had rotors you could turn 3 times before replacing. Now, even new ones are so thin you have to replace them with every brake job....and they warp easily.

I don't want to de-rail John's Demon thread, so my apologies John. I'm sure you'll enjoy the new ride, and junior will too in 16 years when he steals those keys while your asleep. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    John, are you out of jail yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yQ7Wna1IZY
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Where do these chase scenes find freeways with little traffic?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042

Everywhere outside of California. ;) Denver gets pretty bad, I'm sure Houston and Dallas do, etc. but man... California traffic is riiiiiidiculous.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

The chase was at 12:30 and the east side is all port and industrial
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    I like how they kept calling the car a doger or charger.... yep journalist are still on top of it :*
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    The final takedown is how I picture Lightman at an Omega-Mu rush event...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
This discussion has been closed.