Building a pair of Polk Monitor 10's

15678911»

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    The custom woodwork is 1st class. If and when I get a set of 10's I will try an inductor on one of the MWs just like I did for the TMM project. It got rid of the lobing. Kudos.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • willwilly
    willwilly Posts: 185
    Still going strong. I never added the screens, just don't want to cover up the wood!
    Will I am
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Beautiful work man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • willwilly
    willwilly Posts: 185
    edited September 2017
    So I'm thinking about selling these clone M10's to fund my next project. Anyone interested. Not sure of a price. I know I have more than $800 in parts, wood... Not including labor which is a contribution for most of my projects.
    Will I am
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    This was one of my favorite builds to read about, and I am still amazed at the wood work. I have no idea on a price. 10's get less love. :/ Others would know more.

I would be really intrigued see what these would be like converted to SDA's. A crossover from a CRS / 2B? would be needed and I think new drivers as well. Someone else may know more about the cabinet size and how the PR would react. I don't recall if the 10 and CRS share that as well. That may bring new life to these for you, and more interest if you decide to sell them.
  • pkquat wrote: »
    This was one of my favorite builds to read about, and I am still amazed at the wood work. I have no idea on a price. 10's get less love. :/ Others would know more.

I would be really intrigued see what these would be like converted to SDA's. A crossover from a CRS / 2B? would be needed and I think new drivers as well. Someone else may know more about the cabinet size and how the PR would react. I don't recall if the 10 and CRS share that as well. That may bring new life to these for you, and more interest if you decide to sell them.

It's been done. A 2A or 86' CRS+ Crossover will work with the existing drivers. The 2B/87-89' CRS+ crossovers will work also, but you'll need two MW6511 dimensional woofers.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/