This is sad

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Not that guy....the older, soft spoken bald guy ....kinda portly and George Costanza looking.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited May 2017

You know, the only thing that ever really pissed me off on this forum was this from F1:
    F1nut wrote: »
    You should have never posted the pic of your set up because it is LOL.

I'm touched that you saved my comment after Ken deleted it from that thread. I feel so......so........so special.

What you failed to mention or provide a quote of is your post prior, in which you took yet another troll shot at me and then complained about my post saying I made it in your thread, but the thread I posted that in wasn't your thread!!!
    To me that one crossed the line. I can honestly say I've never heard anyone on here ever ridicule anyone else's Polk setup and call it crap. I know I would never stoop to that level (even if I actually felt that way). It's totally uncool.

Furthermore, what you failed to understand is I didn't call your gear crap, it's the way you set it up, which is exactly what quite a number of other members said to you in your SRT thread, but you didn't have a problem with any of those folks. Actually, I didn't even call your set up crap, that one you invented. I said it was, "LOL" meaning all wrong.

Facts son, stick to the facts.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited May 2017
    Great laughs here :) I love this place. Most of the time.

I've spent a buncha side jobs money obsessively digging (being drawn) deeper and deeper into this hobby, a good portion of that on Polk speakers, old and new, all as a result of my time and education here, much of that from the solid knowledge and guidance from several of the longtime contributors at various points of interest. Speakers, preamps and processors, amps, DACs. Subs. Then other great people for turntables, phono pres, and the like. Some computer/htpc guys. A TiVo guy. Streaming digital systems. Digital media. CABLES. Most of this most likely would not have happened at all had I not accidentally stumbled onto this forum while looking up the now inadequately represented speaker specs area on the main site. I simultaneously curse and praise this place and its people.

And sure, it gets rough and edgy around here sometimes, but the edgy suits my personality, so I endure the rough and ugly. I enjoy the wit and humor here most of the time. Of course the knowledge and experience pools are givens for why I've stuck around, but mostly, I have to say, it's been solid sense of community and all that entails. This place has made me a loyal Polk fan. It has stimulated sales for Polk, audio affiliates I'd otherwise not have know, and also regular people in second hand gear sales. It's a good thing going here. Unique, good or bad.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    Rick88 wrote: »
    That's hilarious, thanks for posting! I see what you mean about that guy.

On another note, that's one of the few amps I'm really drooling over... B)
    I had it and I miss it now...went to separates and down a huge rabbit hole, which is fine.
    Buy it and pop in some nice Siemens tubes....you'll love it.

• msg
    Kev, I've never seen that guy before!
    Does Audio Stevie G. review mostly the consumer level stuff?

Then again, if he's reviewing Vincent, what's bad to say? :DB)
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    Guttenburg.... didn't he have a pretty famous bible or something?

(This thread has everything but religion, so I thought I would get that one in before the close :D )
    I've got one I'm sitting on that will shut this party down in a second....trying...to control.....myself....
  • msg
    edited May 2017
    You can always wait until it closes, and then do what I did once after a contentious thread was shut down - why, RESURRECT IT AS PART DEAUX of course! Which probably most certainly caused Ken to mutter swear words. As he quickly shut that one down too. I bet he laughed though.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Ken doesn't swear, I swear it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Well, if you can't make him do it...
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Don't fall for it, I know I don't.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited May 2017
    Rick88 wrote: »
    I loved this one from the crasher:

Gatecrasher wrote: »
    Don't like the Stones, The Dead, Jimi Hendrix or the Beatles.

You might as well sell your gear kiddies. It's being wasted on you.

This has to be a joke or a troll thread. Nobody is that lame.

"It's been awhile since you've said something idiotic. Well done... (Rick)"

He then went on a page or two later in the thread saying he loved the Stones.

Then all of a sudden after NEVER doing so before, he started liking all of my posts in the "What are you listening to" thread. Appears he was trying to sucking up, but failed miserably....

Boy for someone who is supposedly "ignoring" me you sure seem to have a severe fixation there 88..........

By the way, I do like the Stones. That's pretty-perceptive of you. You might even say I'm a "Stones Freak". I always have been. I like the Dead, Hendrix and the Beatles too.

What's not to like about them? They don't call the Stones "The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band In The World" for nothing.

I don't really remember liking your posts any more than anyone elses in the "WTF Are You Listening To?" thread. I apologize if it upset you. If something is good I usually give a thumbs up. I didn't realize that it was Polk Forum etiquette to only approve of posts from people you suck up to?

If you don't want me to ever approve of any of your posts I won't.... but only if you don't want me to. You do realize just how childish that sounds though don't you? How old are you anyway?

lol

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Remember 88, you are only young once but you can be immature forever.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Are you from Jousey?
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850

That's some funny shite right there LOL
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    nbrowser wrote: »

Part 2, what I find even more disturbing is seeing grown adults on here acting like schoolyard children, that may one of the reasons Polk didn't mention it's own forums, the childish BS that happens on here by a select few, grow up kids...time to act like adults!

X2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited May 2017
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Guttenburg.... didn't he have a pretty famous bible or something?

(This thread has everything but religion, so I thought I would get that one in before the close :D )
    I've got one I'm sitting on that will shut this party down in a second....trying...to control.....myself....

Careful Steve tried that got himself a smackdown ban...

Speaking of the ol'chap haven't seen him post lately.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Prudent.
    iPhones do not like submersion.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Prudent.

Outside of Dana Carvey, Bush the first, and you, I have never heard the word "prudent" used by anyone, at least not at this juncture.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • hornyhippo
    hornyhippo Posts: 3
    That is the best place for Iphones is underwater.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Prudent.

Outside of Dana Carvey, Bush the first, and you, I have never heard the word "prudent" used by anyone, at least not at this juncture.

John Winston Lennon used the noun form.

https://youtu.be/oA8k-0epNTg
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    To quote @F1nut

"This is sad"

That is all.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I like to listen to 2-Channel through my AVR's "Cinema" mode. It makes me feel like I'm right there, sitting in the orchestra pit parking lot.
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    one of my favorites Doc.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    edited May 2017
    Jstas wrote: »

Also, Audioholics' community kinda hates Polk products. They are excessively critical and look down anything with the Polk name on it as being sub-par and "low end"

Kind of like a lotta folks around here with regard to Emotiva and Sony. Just sayin'.

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Hey look! A squirrel!

Hey, it works for my dogs...
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.