This is sad

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    I seem to recall the thread was entitled something like "bands that don't float your boat" or something to that effect. It was lame.

It was a troll topic and you know it just begging for a response so don't pretend to be upset. My comment was a disbelief that anyone who is into music could hate the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, The Dead, and all the rest of the bands that were being listed. Most were universally-recognized as some of the greatest of all-time.

It was also meant as sarcasm. It wasn't like what you are doing now (trying to join-in with the crowd) or what F1 did when he said my system was junk and I'm an idiot or like 88 saying I should be kicked-off the forum. You don't need to lower yourself to that point.

And as for the slogan "The Greatest Rock'n' Roll Band In The World", that has been the Stone's slogan for over 40 years now. Google it if you never heard that used before. Whether they are the biggest selling of all-time might be another issue.

Sorry if I ruined your day. You'll survive. Be yourself though man. You don't need to suck up to me or anyone else on the forum and you are entitled to your own preferences. Just don't come onto a public forum and say something sucks without expecting a response from someone who thinks otherwise and then whine about it later. ;)

Such a lame thread that you felt compelled to comment in it how many times? I'm assuming by "troll thread" you mean any thread you are incapable of comprehending? IIRC, the thread was a civil conversation until you started posting in it (seems like most have seen THAT show before).

If only we could make something the truth by using it as our "slogan for 40 years". The Rolling Stones calling themselves "the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world" does not make it so - just like you adding "lol" at the end of your posts doesn't make them funny (generally).

You have about as much of a chance of ruining my day as a paper cut. I'm not sucking up to anyone - and I'm not afraid to speak my mind here, as some will attest (is this where you make another off-color joke about knee pads?).

And for the record, I never said that any group "sucks". In fact, had you actually taken the time to read my comments about The Rolling Stones, I said that I respected their contribution to music, but I just don't enjoy their music. But it seems you make a habit of either failing to read, or substituting your own reality when you respond to posts.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I wonder... what would Lord Vader have to say?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..." :wink:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711

tumblr_nw7zz5M7b51uhfasxo1_500.gif
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
    You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
    So when you're waiting for the next attack
    You'd better stand there's no turning back.

The Bugle sounds and the charge begins
    But on this battlefield no one wins
    The smell of acrid smoke and horses breath
    As I plunge on into certain death.

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Shaddup Ron! Er Russ! I mean Russ!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    The Horse he sweats with fear, We break to run
    The mighty roar of Russian Guns
    And as we race towards the human wall
    The screams of pain as my comrades fall

We hurdle bodies that lay on the ground
    And the Russians fire another round
    We get so near yet so far away
    we won't live to fight another day
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    You all have the choice to STFU. You all don't have to have the last say. This bickering from all of you, is what is ruining the forum.

Fixed it for ya!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    What would Sigmund Freud say?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2017
    I know professor Higgins would say the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain.....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Shaddup Ron! Er Russ! I mean Russ!

I dinna sayza word....pu tz
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Don't know about you guys,but I kind of liked the gorilla one!...LMFAO!..
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    Well ..... this is my interpretation of Mr. S's reaction to this thread after he returns from vacation/hiatus/? .

giphy.gif
    Sal Palooza
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
    You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
    So when you're waiting for the next attack
    You'd better stand there's no turning back.

The Bugle sounds and the charge begins
    But on this battlefield no one wins
    The smell of acrid smoke and horses breath
    As I plunge on into certain death.
    Great tune.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Polk is losing it's "Harley Davidson" like club feel---for sure. It's something that struck me as very unique the first time I came here. It seemed like the company was much more plugged in to the Polk club forum back then. I had been to dozens of hi-fi forums, but this place was unique.

Geesh where you been slacker.... :p
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Polk is losing it's "Harley Davidson" like club feel---for sure. It's something that struck me as very unique the first time I came here. It seemed like the company was much more plugged in to the Polk club forum back then. I had been to dozens of hi-fi forums, but this place was unique.

How many guys in the Harley Club do you think traded in their Harleys long ago and are now riding Kawasakis but still think they are kings of the Harley club?
  • nooshinjohn
    Because you think you have a clue, and you don't, would that make you the king of the galactically clueless?

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited May 2017
    Because you think you have a clue, and you don't, would that make you the king of the galactically clueless?

I use Polk speakers.

Do you?
  • nooshinjohn
    Learn how to read...

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    tonyb wrote: »
    There's a reason Polk recommends Audioholics...just saying.

What reason would that be Phil ? Because I got nuthin'...

If your referring to some of the bickering that goes on here....all forums have that.
    If your referring to some financial connection/advertising/kickbacks....who advertises more Polk products than their own forum ? Who has more on going support for their products than right here ?

If your referring to some members here not invested in Polk products anymore, Audioholics isn't either. No forum is completely brand specific.

Take away those 3 things, what's left ? I'd like to hear a reason, a legit one anyway, not from you per say, but from Polk.

Hey Tony,

Nothing at all about the bickering...that's what keeps things interesting around here. I just think that most of Polk's products are geared more to the mass market rather than the much smaller market for upscale products. Audioholics (in my opinion) offers pretty good solid information based on the mass market audio crowd and not those inclined to take things to the next level. I think most of the information given here is based on the latter. Both forums offer excellent insights into audio just at different crossroads.

Point taken Phil, but if one was to read between the lines of that statement, it means Polk has subscribed to the low-fi customer base of which we usually encourage a move up from....like you said. To me anyway, subscribing to the low-fi segments of audio enters yourself into a very crowded field of which many compete with the cheapest Chinese imports. Plus, if low-fi is going to be your market target, what does that do for the reputation of your speakers ?

Funny thing is, Polk has move up speaker lines, which we also promote. After all, they are a speaker maker, not a gear manufacturer. They don't sell receivers, pre amps, dacs, cables, music streamers, they sell speakers and some portable devices/gaming stuff. Their bread and butter has always been speakers, and maybe they want the brand to be noticed for more than that. If so, imho....they aren't setting the world on fire in that regard.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable