This is sad

Comments

• Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited May 2017
    I might have to check Audioholics out if that's the case. No wonder Polk recommends them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    I might have to check Audioholics out if that's the case. No wonder Polk recommends them.

Remember to close the door behind you on the way out.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Only problem with having someone on your ignore list is when someone quotes that person you see what they said.....

True, but every once in a while a rare gem of priceless stupidity gets quoted and the laugh I get out of it just makes my day.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Gatecrasher
    The dude's got some serious issues, he just LOL'd my latest post in the right this minute thread wishing Bob Seger a happy 72nd birthday. Not sure what he thinks is funny about that?

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/16043/what-are-you-listening-to#latest

It wasn't the actual topic of your post I was laughing at. I like Bob Seger. lol
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    Whoa. Bob Seger is seventy-two?!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,993
    There's a reason Polk recommends Audioholics...just saying.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906

What reason would that be Phil ? Because I got nuthin'...

If your referring to some of the bickering that goes on here....all forums have that.
    If your referring to some financial connection/advertising/kickbacks....who advertises more Polk products than their own forum ? Who has more on going support for their products than right here ?

If your referring to some members here not invested in Polk products anymore, Audioholics isn't either. No forum is completely brand specific.

Take away those 3 things, what's left ? I'd like to hear a reason, a legit one anyway, not from you per say, but from Polk.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    The absence of Ken in this thread is interesting...

• Gatecrasher
    I deleted the kneepads comment Rick.

I thought it was improper for the forum and didn't want to stoop to your level.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781

You can't delete an entire post, only Ken can do that.

You can't tell the truth about anything.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    tonyb wrote: »

If your referring to some of the bickering that goes on here....all forums have that.
    If your referring to some financial connection/advertising/kickbacks....who advertises more Polk products than their own forum ? Who has more on going support for their products than right here ?

If your referring to some members here not invested in Polk products anymore, Audioholics isn't either. No forum is completely brand specific.

Take away those 3 things, what's left ? I'd like to hear a reason, a legit one anyway, not from you per say, but from Polk.

While I agree with most of what you are saying here tony, I think there is a difference between this forum and Audioholics. This forum is supposed to be at least somewhat "brand-specific". After all, it is the Polk Audio forum. Audioholics is independent.

I do find it kind of weird that some people who now seem to dislike Polk speakers still come here, unless maybe they've been kicked-off all the other forums. I took a peek at Audioholics and didn't see anything even remotely like some of the posts we see on here so maybe that's the case. They don't appear to tolerate that type of behavior. Most forums don't. Typical bickering is acceptable. Some of the mean-spirited stuff that crosses the line usually isn't though.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958

Who would think of such things on such a family friendly forum, could it be
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qfbrc1jdo
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    I deleted the kneepads comment before that. You could see that in the revision history. It was only there for a few seconds.

Ask Ken if you think I'm lying.

Just because I deleted it though doesn't mean the comment wasn't true. I just felt it was counterproductive and improper for the forum.

lol
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I haven't seen anyone on this forum disliking Polk audio. I still own polkaudio, and it's my go to brand for anyone wanting to dip their toes into home theater or 2 channel audio. Heck, I sold my 705's to a friend, only to buy them back.

I tend to do a lot of research before buying, this usually leads me to other forums, the bickering and name calling just isn't here, it's most forums.

If someone thought it was so bad here then why stay to argue? I know what I would do if it was so bad... I would go away.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Gatecrasher
    I think most of the former Polk fans on here who no longer use Polk speakers have a nostalgic fondness for some of the older models and do make some nice contributions to the forum. So there is some value there.

Ken has been great to me. He helped me get my SRT sub drivers fixed by hooking me up with Kim Jasper. I couldn't be happier with the way that all turned out. That by itself has made this forum worth the time for me. There are other nice things too if you are into Polk speakers. The fact that this is a Polk Audio forum is what attracts me to it. If it were a Klipsch or Bose forum I probably wouldn't have even joined. Not that there is anything wrong with those two brands. I just currently don't have a lot of interest in them.
  • F1nut
    I deleted the kneepads comment before that. You could see that in the revision history. It was only there for a few seconds.

Ask Ken if you think I'm lying.

Just because I deleted it though doesn't mean the comment wasn't true. I just felt it was counterproductive and improper for the forum.

lol

Oh, the irony.

lol

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gatecrasher
    C'mon F1, don't instigate.
    lol
  • Gatecrasher

Won't be long before he's banned, he's doing a good job burying himself...

You first.

lol
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,993
    tonyb wrote: »

Hey Tony,

Nothing at all about the bickering...that's what keeps things interesting around here. I just think that most of Polk's products are geared more to the mass market rather than the much smaller market for upscale products. Audioholics (in my opinion) offers pretty good solid information based on the mass market audio crowd and not those inclined to take things to the next level. I think most of the information given here is based on the latter. Both forums offer excellent insights into audio just at different crossroads.

"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,254
    edited May 2017
    Good points, Pearsall001. I would like to say, though, that it is fun to spend other peoples money. :D

I was going to say that G***C*****r (name obscured to prevent triggering) eats his boog-ers (sneak that by Vanilla) but I didn't want to stoop to his that level.
    Not that that statement isn't true, but it might be considered counterproductive and improper for the forum.
    Yes, as the great Irish philosopher, Michaleen Flynn, once said:
    "No patty-fingers, if you please. The proprieties at all times".

.... okay, I'm going to go pack my Roy Rogers lunchbox just in case I'm allocated a time out break. o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    Sticks & stones there bigblue.

lol

You must be pretty-old if you had a Roy Rogers lunchbox!

I used to have a "Rat Patrol" lunchbox (based on the TV series) when I was in grade school so you can get a pretty-good idea of how old I am.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    Wow you're pretty tuff if you eat sticks and stones...
    So what you're saying is that there are tectonic plates that are younger :pB)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    What's not to like about them? They don't call the Stones "The Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band In The World" for nothing.

The thread you took such exception to was started by me. I mentioned that I just can't seem to "fall in love" with the music of the Rolling Stones. However, I did not say disparaging things about the group, or anyone that likes them (you). You on the other hand, felt the need to tell me that I should sell my gear because I don't like the same music as you.

As for "The greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world", there is only one universal, quantifiable measure to that claim - Total album sales. By that measure, The Rolling Stones are.............. Not the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world. In fact, they are the fourteenth greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world - right between Queen and ABBA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

I have disagreed with a few people here, that's no secret. However, I have never stooped to the level you inhabit, of crude personal insults. I suppose you dwell there either because you are a malicious individual, or more likely, you lack the facts and fortitude to back up your point of view in a respectful and lively manner.

In the future, if you want to be taken seriously, try expanding on why you enjoy/support the things that you do, rather than belittling what others like to try and validate your preferences.

"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Gatecrasher
    edited May 2017
    I seem to recall the thread was entitled something like "bands that don't float your boat" or something to that effect. It was lame.

It was a troll topic and you know it just begging for a response so don't pretend to be upset. My comment was a disbelief that anyone who is into music could hate the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, The Dead, and all the rest of the bands that were being listed. Most were universally-recognized as some of the greatest of all-time.

It was also meant as sarcasm. It wasn't like what you are doing now (trying to join-in with the crowd) or what F1 did when he said my system was junk and I'm an idiot or like 88 saying I should be kicked-off the forum. You don't need to lower yourself to that point.

And as for the slogan "The Greatest Rock'n' Roll Band In The World", that has been the Stone's slogan for over 40 years now. Google it if you never heard that used before. Whether they are the biggest selling of all-time might be another issue.

Sorry if I ruined your day. You'll survive. Be yourself though man. You don't need to suck up to me or anyone else on the forum and you are entitled to your own preferences. Just don't come onto a public forum and say something sucks without expecting a response from someone who thinks otherwise and then whine about it later. ;)

Post edited by Gatecrasher on
  • Gatecrasher
    Here you go daddyjt.

Check this video from 1969 out and you'll see where I'm coming from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5uWBl_35o
  • F1nut
    I seem to recall the thread was entitled something like "bands that don't float your boat" or something to that effect. It was lame.

It was a troll topic and you know it just begging for a response so don't pretend to be upset. My comment was a disbelief that anyone who is into music could hate the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, The Dead, and all the rest of the bands that were being listed. Most were universally-recognized as some of the greatest of all-time.

It was also meant as sarcasm. It wasn't like what you are doing now (trying to join-in with the crowd) or what F1 did when he said my system was junk and I'm an idiot or like 88 saying I should be kicked-off the forum. You don't need to lower yourself to that point.

And as for the slogan "The Greatest Rock'n' Roll Band In The World", that has been the Stone's slogan for over 40 years now. Google it if you never heard that used before. Whether they are the biggest selling of all-time might be another issue.

Sorry if I ruined your day. You'll survive. Be yourself though man. You don't need to suck up to me or anyone else on the forum and you are entitled to your own preferences. Just don't come onto a public forum and say something sucks without expecting a response from someone who thinks otherwise and then whine about it later. ;)

^ Nothing says personality disorder quite like it. ^

President of Club Polk