Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited May 2017
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    With my luck, I'd probably get sent an eticket for keyboarding under the influence.

schluprb enoueghff, yeweue porbarbly woodue.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    With my luck, I'd probably get sent an eticket for keyboarding under the influence.

schluprb enoueghff, yeweue porbarbly woodue.

Hey doc, finally words I understand without looking in the dictionary ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I know there are some very smart, clever folks here
    Suggestion: Have Polk charge for each post over 37,000 in the Forum.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    I'm going to post this here, rather than sending it to Ken in order to get opinions.

How about having a "closed sticky" at the top of the forum and the same info go out as an email to Polk's mailing list. Forum title could be something like "Intro to a well sounding, trouble free Polk system". This was discussed a few years ago about having a sticky for beginners.

We get a lot of threads concerning people with blown tweeters. Explain about "clipping", and how proper amplification is needed for speakers to sound their best. I had never heard the term "Clipping", until joining here. Explain how when you start to hear a harsh sound that hurts your ears, that it is not due to a powerful amp, but an under-powered amp creating amp strain which creates the harsh sound.

Break the entire line of Polk speakers into three categories. Group A are easily powered speakers that can be ran on any AVR/amp. Group B are a little more power hungry and require a more powerful, higher end AVR/amp. Group C should really be powered with external amplification to get the full benefit from the speakers. Forum members can advise you of good choices for your needs, room size, equipment, etc. If you have already purchased your speakers but need help buying electronics that mesh well, a forum member will be happy to help. If you already have the electronics, but are looking for the right line of Polk speakers, a forum member can help. Have the thread/email touch on how different amps have different sounds; e.g., bright speaker + bright amp = bad. Explain that speakers are only part of the equation and that years of experience by forum members are at your service for help build a great sounding system at your price point.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    ^^^ there definitely needs to be sticky threads. Like, "how to power your A9's."
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mhardy6647
    Options
    are there no stickies on these fora? If not -- there indeed should be.

:)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Are you crazy? That'd be like hitting gremlins with a jet from a garden hose while Marvin Gaye plays in the background.
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    If you Canucks want him I'll box Russ up and pay the export taxes
    Put Beiber in the same box and I'll pay the duties..
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I like cannoli......Make it happen, Mr. S.
  • mhardy6647
    Options