Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    Yeah! The Colorado 1.2's was a smoking deal. Unfortunately for everyone else except for the lucky person..... I do feel for you.
    After that I too would be jaded on older SRS's that are less than prestine.....
    Are you in the LA Area? Curious how often do you find any cool audio deals there?
  • kmeek
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Heck if I would have landed those 1.2's in Colorado, I would have sold you my 3.1tl's at my cost of $350.

Well if you do find your dream 1.2's.....keep me in mind. :-)
  • kmeek
    You have the same problem I do. I try not to act on every good deal here in Phoenix (or I would go broke...lol).
    Smoking deals you almost have to ;-). And yes I hate the ones that get away as well.......
  • kmeek
    Sounds good....... :-)
  • kmeek
    1976doc wrote: »
    kmeek wrote: »
    You have the same problem I do. I try not to act on every good deal here in Phoenix (or I would go broke...lol).
    Smoking deals you almost have to ;-). And yes I hate the ones that get away as well.......

I might be moving that way soon, ready for some competition? I cant resist a smokin deal either

Uh! OH!! (LOL!)

OR We could tag team, take names and trade amongst ourselves. :-)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited February 2017
    You're moving from Colorado to Arizona? Are you feeling alright? Sick? You might want to go see a doctor before committing to that.

On second thought the Denver area is seriously crowded, might be better if a few people leave. :)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Best of luck to you. Won't be as cold in the winter, so that's a plus right?

• Nightfall
    It has indeed. Not nearly as much snow as usual either.

• kmeek
    Summers down here get a little interesting. But as they say it's a dry heat... :-)
  • kmeek
    Yeah, Those look nice....
  • kmeek
    Wish I was up in Denver right now. There are also a couple of nice Audio Research items on Craigslist up there:

AR Amp:

https://boulder.craigslist.org/ele/5999722928.html

AR Pre-amp:

https://denver.craigslist.org/ele/5958526772.html
  • kmeek
    Sorry got off topic..... but you know the speakers have to hook up to something. Lol!
  • kmeek
    Curious to hear how it goes.....
  • kmeek
    edited February 2017
    Guy here in town is at it again.... No affiliation:

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ele/6002614270.html

Lets just say his ad has been up and down on the Phoenix site more times then a yo yo.
    I contacted him as soon as it came out originally. Had them listed as Polk SDA SRT's (yes SRT). No pictures and no asking price but described how many drivers. I emailed and asked how much and the response was a set sold on Ebay for $3,000 but shoot him a reasonable offer (I checked Ebay and the only SRS's that sold recently were newer 1.2's for $1,700 so I don't know what he is talking about).....

They have since made modifications to the ad to include wants $1,500 cash and $1,500 in trade. To finally I think they had $1,500 or best offer. Then the ad disappeared so I figured maybe they sold...... But they are back. While I wouldn't mind getting a set of SRS's they appear to be the older blade/blade original series. Also he told me nothing has been done in the way of modifications on them.
    This goes back to what you said @la2vegas about the modified 1.2's up in Denver........ sigh....
    I don't know I will keep an eye on these but I just get the feeling he doesn't know much about them and yet thinks he has a gold mine.
  • kmeek
    That's just it. They are not 1.2's they are just original SRS's (pre 1.2). But he wants more for them then what the more in demand 1.2's are going for (quite a bit more). I am not sure on the Oak. I have a set of SRS2's that are a little newer then his and mine are more of a golden oak top and bottom.
  • kmeek
    Hmmm.. the wood cap on the top of that 1.2 doest look anything like mine. Were they offered in different types of wood?
    Mine are red oak. That looks more like a maple

You are right though. I did an image search and I see the red ones and ones more golden like mine. I do like the red better!
  • kmeek
    Also, I think I see where this guy is getting his pricing info from. Not to mention the picture he borrowed from this BC listing to use in his listing.... Notice they haven't quite sold yet there either. ;-)

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/ele/5982611555.html
  • kmeek
    edited February 2017
    Yes.. the stain is a golden oak... but the wood is red oak.

And how can they possibly be in perfect working order if it obviously has at least one binding post snapped off? The jumper is just dangling in place.

Yeah! You noticed that too.....

I have the notion to send him a link to the 1.2's that sold on the forum (sorry again @la2vegas) and ask him how a set of 3/4 modified prestine set of 1.2's were sold on a forum of Polk experts for a measly $1,000 and yet his non modified not so prestine set of the older model are worth say $500 more? Doesn't make sense.
    While I have a notion to do this I also don't want to piss the person off just in case say in a few months from now he hasn't sold them then maybe he will be willing to talk realistic numbers.....
  • kmeek
    Yeah your right..... If he can get $1,500 or so out of them from someone else. Heck all the power to him.... :-)
  • kmeek
    Are yours the tl's? If you have a chance PM me a picture I'd like to check them out.
  • kmeek
    edited February 2017
    I think one of the ways is whether you have the SL2000 or SL3000 tweeters. The SL3000's I believe were used in the tl's along with a different crossover. While the SL2000's are in the non-tl version.
  • kmeek
    Nice! I hope to find some 1.2's at some point. For now my 2's and 2.3's keep me happy!!
  • 1976doc wrote: »
    I dont think so

Simply look at the actual IC socket on the binding post cup, not the sticker on the back of the speaker because a fair amount of 1.2's left the Polk factory with original SRS stickers denoting a blade/blade socket. Why would an original SRS sticker be on the back of a 1.2? Polk was notorious for getting rid of old stock parts and putting them on newer models. This was a big goof up on their part because the positive and negative terminals on the original SRS's are the opposite of the 1.2's and 1.2 TL's.

If the socket is pin/blade they are 1.2's. If it's blade/blade, they are original SRS and cannot be TL'd.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • kmeek
    I dont think so

Simply look at the actual IC socket on the binding post cup, not the sticker on the back of the speaker because a fair amount of 1.2's left the Polk factory with original SRS stickers denoting a blade/blade socket. Why would an original SRS sticker be on the back of a 1.2? Polk was notorious for getting rid of old stock parts and putting them on newer models. This was a big goof up on their part because the positive and negative terminals on the original SRS's are the opposite of the 1.2's and 1.2 TL's.

If the socket is pin/blade they are 1.2's. If it's blade/blade, they are original SRS and cannot be TL'd.

Thanks for the info. I like getting the scoop on all the Polk variations. :smile:
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Stolen: Be on the lookout in the bay area for what looks like 7bs with SL2000s ...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/5997002877.html

00u0u_f3xorf6kxW3_1200x900.jpg
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • What is with the glamour shot of the supposed thieves.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    It was a picture that was dropped when things were stolen.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • So I see, after going back and reading it in full.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Just had a flash back. I had come home from school in my teens and someone had broke into our house and stole our stereo and TV. Jackwads dropped an attorneys business card with a case# written on it. The case number was for burglary charges...doh :D:D
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a