Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    cfrizz wrote: »
    My ears like how it sounds just fine Tony. :p

Besides, these are Polk speakers not B&W speakers. If they were, THEN you would have something to complain about!

Cathy drops the mic....flips off Tony and walks off the stage.
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    @VoodooGTS asked me for a wall mounted shot of the S15 in a PM. I don't have one of those in our archive but I thought I'd share this wall mount shot of a Signature S10.

7mwvemzd1uaj.jpeg
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Nice camera...
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    Just have to tease with the walnut
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Such a beautiful speaker!
  • barasn
    barasn Posts: 25
    monday i will get s60 s35 and s20 will pic them..
  • Just thought of a slogan:
    Different Polks for different folks. :)
  • Are the S55 and S60 have more than enough bass in replacement of a PSW505? Or do you guys still recommend and standalone subwoofer?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I gave you a more thorough answer in my other thread Voodoo, but the short answer is no neither one will give you enough clear bass to replace a stand alone sub.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    lightman1 wrote: »

Besides, these are Polk speakers not B&W speakers. If they were, THEN you would have something to complain about!

I'm used to it Russ, I think it's become a favorite pastime of hers. lol

Besides, a finger every now and then is better than a baseball bat to the knees, know what I'm sayin' ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    ROTFLOL! Love you too dear. <3
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    VoodooGTS wrote: »
    Are the S55 and S60 have more than enough bass in replacement of a PSW505? Or do you guys still recommend and standalone subwoofer?

Depends on your taste, but personally I would add a sub.

• lightman1
    tonyb wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

I'm used to it Russ, I think it's become a favorite pastime of hers. lol

Besides, a finger every now and then is better than a baseball bat to the knees, know what I'm sayin' ?

Somebody's gotta keep your arse in check. She's the one to do it, too.
    Keep him in line, Cathy. :p
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Still, I may buy her a rug myself to put in front of those speakers. One with my naked arse imprinted on it yet.

If I'm not mistaken Cathy, you live in an apartment and that naked floor is going to carry those vibrations. Same with that wall behind. Your neighbors may come a knockin' on your door.....when they get out of the hospital from the last time they came a knockin'. ;)

Just a suggestion is all.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    Tony, the building I live in is 52 years old and they don't make them like this anymore.

My system is on the opposite side of my bedroom and when I go in my bedroom and close the door I can barely hear it, so I doubt my next door neighbors are hearing anything.

As for the floor below me or over me, the sound would have to travel through I don't know how many feet of concrete.

Then there is the fact that my speakers are being powered by an amplifier, so I can have the volume very low and still hear everything.

The only "rug" I have is a 8ft runner when you walk in the door. But seriously, I don't want a rug because with my allergies, it is healthier for me to just have wood floors. They are easier to clean and can't harbor any crap that might set my allergies off.

You forget, I'm not an audiophile, I just want to enjoy good tunes and movies on well built speakers. I've got that.
  • cfrizz
    There is no such thing as having too much power, and certainly not with a receiver. Your speakers will be just fine.

Most receivers don't have enough power, and the more speakers you add the less power that is going to all of them, which is why we always recommend getting a receiver with preouts to add a separate amp.

More speakers get blown by not having enough power from weak receivers that get the volume knob cranked up but end out running out of steam and cooking a tweeter or driver.
  • lightman1
    edited February 2017
    sjkbalj9utd2.jpg
    tonyb wrote: »
    Still, I may buy her a rug myself to put in front of those speakers. One with my naked arse imprinted on it yet.

If I'm not mistaken Cathy, you live in an apartment and that naked floor is going to carry those vibrations. Same with that wall behind. Your neighbors may come a knockin' on your door.....when they get out of the hospital from the last time they came a knockin'. ;)

Just a suggestion is all.
    Tony, You forget, I'm not an audiophile, I just want to enjoy good tunes and movies on well built speakers. I've got that.

• DSkip wrote: »
    9ec28tiuqjqh.jpg

Do you have side profile image of the speaker against a wall?
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    errr need to sell that Sony ES
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Just in case anyone is curious how the t15 compared to s15. Say this image on the BB page grp1g0g41h9y.jpg
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    VoodooGTS wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is curious how the t15 compared to s15. Say this image on the BB page grp1g0g41h9y.jpg

Wow look at that mess of cables...
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Lol just realized that. Hopefully the owner cleaned that up.
  • Maybe I can get a quicker answer here. How much of a difference will it make comparing S50 floor standing speakers vs S15 bookshelf speakers when using them as your main front speakers for a 5.1 surround set-up. Worth paying a little more getting S50 floor standing speakers?

Please help.
    Thanks.
  • DSkip wrote: »
    The S50 is one I haven't heard, but I would suggest going with the S50 or the S55 if you can swing the extra cash. Factor in good stands and you are at the price of the S50 already.

Thanks for the input. Decisions decisions .
  • Has anyone bought both the S20s and either the S55s or S60s? How does the large bookshelf compare/contrast with these towers?

A user on here recently purchase the S60 tower and is using S20 for the rears. I'm not sure if he has compared the two using them as his mains.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    ^ BINGO ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk