Group Buy '16: Dreadnought Avel Lindberg 1000VA Isolation Transformers

Comments

• Craig @vcwatkins, just wanted to make sure you noticed that Nesmith98 upped his buy to 2 units. So that makes 32 total so far.
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
    2 Channel (Office)
    Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Is there another break at 30 or 35?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • We already got the 30 unit break
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    250GTLusso wrote: »
    Craig @vcwatkins, just wanted to make sure you noticed that Nesmith98 upped his buy to 2 units. So that makes 32 total so far.
    Yassir
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    SketchyCraig. One of my favorite dudes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Goat
    Goat Posts: 6
    edited January 2017
    Hi all, just joined and am researching all of this. I have wanted a pair of polk SDA's for a long time. I had a pair of monitor 12's many years ago and regret selling them. I just landed a pair of 2.3tl's and my amp is mono design so to use it I would need to buy or build one of these. Is there a chance to get in on this yet? Now I am running a pair of carver amazing originals that the ribbons are just about done for on so it was time to find another speaker I always wanted to have but never could afford at the time.
  • vcwatkins
    Hi, @Goat. Congrats on the 2.3tl's and welcome to the forum.

You can still join the group buy. I will send you information. As long as payment and shipping info is received by the time all the current members pay, you'll be in. To give you an idea on timing, we are 75% paid up after two days. Look for a PM from me today.

Thanks,
    Craig
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    SketchyCraig is the man!
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Funds sent. Thanks again for setting this up.
  • Goat
    Goat Posts: 6
    Funds sent. Thanks for adding me in!
  • vcwatkins
    Great job on settling up, guys! 85% home.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Sweet, but can we get some info about how the cases are prepped? I am not using Neutrik, but standard speaker terminals. Are the cases pre-drilled? If so, what pre-drilled options do we have?

Thanks
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited January 2017
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Sweet, but can we get some info about how the cases are prepped? I am not using Neutrik, but standard speaker terminals. Are the cases pre-drilled? If so, what pre-drilled options do we have?

Thanks

I will post more later, I can just send you blank panels, and you can mod to your liking..

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    So Larry what about the idea of a badge??? Someone around here's gotta be a decent graphics guy, do up some sort of Dread logo and somehow get it on the front face?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • I would like to have Larry's old "Eyeball" profile pic as a badge perhaps with the word "Dreadnought" to the right of it.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • nspindel
    I was thinking something a little more Rasta mon.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • I don't know what that means mon? Examples?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • nspindel
    Never been to Jamaica eh?
  • nspindel
    I'm thinking about a smiling Jamaican dude with huge dreads and a pair of speakers. And then the word Dreadnought spelled out underneath.
  • That sounds like a unique one.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • heiney9
    edited January 2017
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »

Thanks

I will post more later, I can just send you blank panels, and you can mod to your liking..

Since I wasn't paying that much attention to the first couple rounds, I wasn't sure how they were manufactured. I'd prefer to have them done. I don't have the tools or work bench necessary to do it easily or neatly....lol. I don't even know how they are assembled.

Mine was more or less an inquiry as to how or what options were available.

H9

I also don't have the tranny to see the orientation of the wires, etc.

P.s. If we are going to discuss the cases later-on that's fine.

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • vcwatkins
    Great job on settling up, guys!. Just 3 to settle up and we're home.
  • vcwatkins
    2 more to go!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    IMPRESSIVE....
  • heiney9
    I agree, very impressed this is going so smoothly. Not that it wouldn't, but usually when collecting funds there are a few hiccups, delays, discrepancies, etc.

If Avel Lindberg turns these out quickly we'll be up and running in no time.

H9

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Quit being a pain Brock, use the Neutrik connectors.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    I am not modding everything just for the Neutrik's. I didn't know that was how the cases were all manufactured. But then there isn't a thread for the cases yet to see how those are constructed.

H9