Sneak Peek

Comments

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    I'm guessing that it is not gonna happen. I subscribed to the email announcement, which noted September.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I'm guessing that it is not gonna happen. I subscribed to the email announcement, which noted September.

Yeah I checked signature-polkaudio.com and it says Sep. Sad...I was so excited.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Maybe we got the wrong Friday?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Hard to tell at the moment, but it looks like a rollout of new drivers with much different driver material than Polk has used for the last 20 years or so. That is pretty big news. Looks like the surround on the tweeter may be rubberized? And the midrange driver looks like it may be partly metallic. The Power Port doesn't look like anything new. Interested in seeing more.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I re-read earlier posts. The new Polk product won't be released until next Friday :confounded:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I thought it was today because he stated "Next Friday" on the 22nd which would be today but who knows. Hopefully it is next Friday and not Sep.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    whaaa...
    last Friday said next Friday which means this Friday today Friday.
    doesn't it?

030crusoe.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    Hey fellas, sorry for the confusion. My bad. What came out this today is the latest issue of Sound and Vision magazine.... which has two print tease ads of the new series... I double teased you. But I was excited coming back from the factory with lots of pics from the assembly line. The FULL reveal is indeed in September. Below are the two adds that ran. The second is the inside back cover.

I'll give you guys some exclusive pics as we go though.

iozodapwauyi.jpg
    i86drl5evxcf.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Haha...suckas :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    Magazine add? who reads magazine these days? except for the pictures.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    D2Lo wrote: »
    Hey fellas, sorry for the confusion. My bad. What came out this today is the latest issue of Sound and Vision magazine.... which has two print tease ads of the new series... I double teased you. But I was excited coming back from the factory with lots of pics from the assembly line. The FULL reveal is indeed in September. Below are the two adds that ran. The second is the inside back cover.

I'll give you guys some exclusive speakers for free as we go though.
    this, or you're banished. to audioholics.
    no one ever comes back from there.
    I disabled signatures.
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    The old edit the quote before you post it trick. If I had a penny for every time I've seen that I'd have $19.72 (polk humor)

Sorry dudes. Can't blame a product guy for getting excited to see his team's work in a magazine though! Having quietly read a lot of posts in here over the last 4 years I sincerely hope you guys like this new series and I know you will like the next few years of product roadmap releases even more. Even though we try to stay quiet on these boards, we have been reading a lot... 90% of it is bad jokes, but that 10% is gold. :smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    wadda mean bad jokes? :*
  • mikeyb128
    More like 90% cable arguments lol
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    10% Gold?!?!

a296s25oa7r7.gif
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    The old edit the quote before you post it trick. If I had a penny for every time I've seen that I'd have $19.72 (polk humor)

Sorry dudes. Can't blame a product guy for getting excited to see his team's work in a magazine though! Having quietly read a lot of posts in here over the last 4 years I sincerely hope you guys like this new series and I know you will like the next few years of product roadmap releases even more. Even though we try to stay quiet on these boards, we have been reading a lot... 90% of it is bad jokes, but that 10% is gold. :smiley:

Its okay the world was supposed to end today as well...didn't happen.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Hey fellas, sorry for the confusion. My bad. What came out this today is the latest issue of Sound and Vision magazine.... which has two print tease ads of the new series... I double teased you.

True that is. :)

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/173713/interesting-polk-ad-in-september-sound-vision#latest
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    edited July 2016
    from the material of the cabinet, more junk from polk below rti series to compete with AJ speakers
  • mikeyb128
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Having quietly read a lot of posts in here over the last 4 years I sincerely hope you guys like this new series and I know you will like the next few years of product roadmap releases even more.

I'm speaking for myself only, but I am a brand loyal guy. I find something I like and stick to it.

I was/am a die hard Polk Audio guy, but it feels like the last couple years have been almost a deliberate attempt to break ties with the die hards of company past to usher in the company new.

And I'm not an old geezer waxing poetic. I'm 34 years old and coming up on my prime buying years.

The statement above gives me hope. I'm not banking my heart and soul on it, but honestly gives me a spark of excitement.

BTW...the geezer comment is meant for effect....not to hurt any feelings. I love all the geezers on this forum. Honestly do!!!

:)

I feel the same way. Ive owned at least a dozen Polk speakers over the years. Had heavily modded Lsi speakers that I owned for years, ditched them for the new lsim series only to be disappointed. They have been catering to the young crowd, which I get (new ownership and everything). Really hoping Polk actually paid attention to the loyalist on this forum for once instead of catering to the millennia crowd or what ever you call them.

2 channel:
    Theater:

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I'm not too keen on the wording in the last mag. advertisement. Bringing "real hi-fi back" ??

What....Polk wasn't real hi-fi before ? What were we previously then, Hello Kitty hi-fi ? Just sayin' is all, doesn't sound good to me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    If this new offering does not make me want to cart my SDA's off to the closet it will be a fail.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    So the statement "New Signature Series" Makes me believe it will be a cut above the LSiM series in sound quality...yes? :)
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Us older guys are probably too jaded, so it's good that Skip is pulling us toward the positive side!

I also have not heard the T50s under the right conditions. As we all know, listening to anything in a BB environment is like trying to hear your friend talking while you're wearing sound protection at a firing range and everyone is shooting, lol

I've also noticed, of late, that my local BB no longer has ANY T50s in stock? They are on their website though?
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • voltz
    True! I've always enjoyed Skip's perception of things, especially for audio!

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    cnh wrote: »
    Us older guys are probably too jaded, so it's good that Skip is pulling us toward the positive side!

I also have not heard the T50s under the right conditions. As we all know, listening to anything in a BB environment is like trying to hear your friend talking while you're wearing sound protection at a firing range and everyone is shooting, lol

I've also noticed, of late, that my local BB no longer has ANY T50s in stock? They are on their website though?

In the T50 unboxing presentation on Facebook a couple days ago. The guy doing the presentation said to go to your local Best Buy to audition.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Tough crowd.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    edited July 2016
    I was actually impressed with the T50, even in the BB environment, comparing to the Pioneer, entry level Klipsch and Sony towers. I really like that they went back to the PR.

Hopefully, Polk is doing the same kind of improvement at each level.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601