Sneak Peek

Options

Comments

• nhhiep
    nhhiep Posts: 877
    Options
    it looks like a newer rti version is coming.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Please no more cheapie, appeal
    To The younger crowd stuff!

Why should Polk be any different from any other retailer?

They need to get the younger set to at least get an intro to them so that when they do have money, they will hopefully come back to spend more, and they will still be getting good sound.

We are not going to live forever or have endless disposable income.

Besides, you all are always looking to buy cheap as well. :D Then add in the fact that a good chunk of you have outgrown Polks offerings anyway! So you aren't their target market.

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Please no more cheapie, appeal
    To The younger crowd stuff!

Why should Polk be any different from any other retailer?

They need to get the younger set to at least get an intro to them so that when they do have money, they will hopefully come back to spend more, and they will still be getting good sound.

We are not going to live forever or have endless disposable income.

Besides, you all are always looking to buy cheap as well. :D Then add in the fact that a good chunk of you have outgrown Polks offerings anyway! So you aren't their target market.

I think polk already has that covered, blue-tooth speakers, headphones,desk top speakers, the T line, tsx, monitor... I'm sure there's more.

I still own polk, will buy and recommend Polk.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    I would like to see a music oriented speaker that's on par with the rti's, in regards to build quality and price point. A little more dynamic rti, would be awesome.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    1.5 days...
    Hurry up.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    SDA-SRS Statement series, complete with Matt Polk back in his lab coat, and a sharpie pen autographing the first 100 pairs...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ^^^^^They do say signature series on them.....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    ^^^^^They do say signature series on them.....
    They do indeed. Such a speaker would be the only thing keeping me out of a pair of Ushers.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Now that the September issue of Sound & Vision is coming out, I can give you the next piece of the tease... just a little bit more :-)

http://signature-polkaudio.com

That link will have more info as we get closer to CEDIA.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I'll be at CEDIA, what kind of display will you have set up for these speakers????
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    Options
    D2Lo wrote: »
    Now that the September issue of Sound & Vision is coming out, I can give you the next piece of the tease... just a little bit more :-)

That's it. I'm blocking you.
    I disabled signatures.
  • FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The dome appears to be loaded into a nice smooth, if shallow waveguide.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    So here are a few pieces of the puzzle

Polk_Signature__Polk’s new approach to home theater and music.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options

Dang it.... blocked by the work filter..... iPhone installing latest update.....AHHHHHHHH I DONT KNOW IF I CAN WAIT ANY LONGER TO SEE THIS lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    I do hope that Polk remembers that A. Jones is kicking But(t) and taking names! lol

We can only hope for the best and just wait.
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    Looks like a powered monitor.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    No SDA on this line, though that technology has been the topic of many internal conversations of late.

as it should be
  • msg
    Options

You probably don't get many second dates, do you.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am betting the grills will press into the hex heads like the Wharfedales do.
    Power port on the bottom, I like that idea. I am curious about the price.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mikeyb128
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    You know...take 9 of those woofers...put em into a cabinet 8 facing backwards....1 forw...oh crap wait wrong site! :)

Nice eye candy D2Lo!

Hopefully this line makes it north of the 49th, still really have yet to see a T50 in a retailer up here.

Probably in about 5 years :smile:
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Oooh... "signature" eh? Are these LSIM replacements?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    um, who's signature? :*
  • msg
    Options
    anyone know what time this announcement is supposed to take place? pretty excited to see what's up.
    I disabled signatures.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I sitting here drinking a couple of pots of Coffee with my hair standing up waiting for the news ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    My eyes are twitching here I've had so much go juice
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I demand more information!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Pretty please?

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    Love to see the crossovers too.

027-340_HR_0.jpg

Kidding... kidding!!

;-)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    WAY too much go juice ova 'ere. The eyes are really twitchin' now
  • codycatalist
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    WAY too much go juice ova 'ere. The eyes are really twitchin' now

Have you been refreshing since 9:08am?