A slightly different take on the Dreadnought

13»

Comments

• zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited December 2013
    Those parts will work perfectly, just add the ward ware to month them.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited December 2013
    I'm guessing you typed that from your cell phone! I take it you meant "hardware to mount them." :lol:
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    edited December 2013
    nspindel wrote: »

The 4 pole versions are superior, they are built better and have a higher current rating. Why aren't you doing both ends?
    Do the chassis connectors include the screws I'll need?

No, you will need M3 (metric) screws, nuts and lock washers for the panel mount. Fastnel carries them in stainless steel. They are cheap and there's no minimum order.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited December 2013
    zane77 wrote: »
    Those parts will work perfectly, just add the ward ware to month them.
    I'm guessing you typed that from your cell phone! I take it you meant "hardware to mount them." :lol:

Sometimes "smart" phones are pretty stupid. :smile:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nspindel
    edited December 2013
    F1nut wrote: »
    The 4 pole versions are superior, they are built better and have a higher current rating. Why aren't you doing both ends?

Ok, I will grab the 4-pole versions. Thanks for the tip. Not doing both ends because the Dreadnaught is already built with binding posts - using Speakons on the Dreadnaught side would mean drilling holes large enough to accommodate them, when the chassis already has holes drilled for the 4 binding posts. On the Dreadnaught side, I'm using bananas, which works just fine. I think the big advantage of using the Speakon connector will be on the speaker side, so I can eliminate the need for the spade.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • nspindel
    edited December 2013
    No, you will need M3 (metric) screws, nuts and lock washers for the panel mount. Fastnel carries them in stainless steel. They are cheap and there's no minimum order.

Ok great, thank you!
  • nspindel
    edited December 2013
    Thanks again Jesse, ordered the 4-pole versions - NL4FX and NL4MP, along with the SCDP gaskets from Parts Express.

I'm thinking these are what I need for the fasteners?

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/40924

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/40247

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/40142
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited December 2013
    Trey,
    Do you have more of the round 4-bp/1-speakon-hole plates like in your pic above (for 1.2's)? I need a pair, but didn't see them listed on your site. Scratch'n'dent is okay as well, if available.
    Thanks,
    Craig
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • F1nut
    edited December 2013
    I'm thinking these are what I need for the fasteners?

Those screws are too short.

Using the SKU's

XM2510016A20000
    MN2510000A20000
    ML6330000A20000

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    edited December 2013
    I have them available. They are new stock too :)

Contact through the forum is very spotty for me. vr3mods@gmail.com

Talk to you soon! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    The "Finishing Touch" looks good Jesse!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Dang, Dog
    You never stop improving ...Nice work!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    An update on this thread. My Dreadnought sits on carpet and always leaned a little bit. Well, I finally got around to doing something about it by adding aluminum outriggers with stainless steel spikes. It now sits perfectly level. The cap nuts are temporary, I have stainless steel knurled knobs arriving Monday.

lq1n8nd56uao.jpg

b1yd9u7zig80.jpg

You wouldn't by any chance have an extra one of these laying around, would you?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    So this is the thread where the idea for Speakon connectors for the SDA cable originated. I should have known Jessie was the originator. I also like the outriggers.

I am glad you updated the thread as I had not read it.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    That going to look killer with the stainless steel knurled knobs and as usual very nice job Jesse.

Hey @F1nut I even speeled your name right this time. :blush:
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • F1nut

You wouldn't by any chance have an extra one of these laying around, would you?

Sorry John, I don't.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    gimpod wrote: »

Hey @F1nut I even speeled your name right this time. :blush:

'bout damn time! ;)

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Looks fantastic!!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Looks great!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • F1nut
    I realized I made a mistake in my OP that needs to be corrected. The socket I used is the NL4MP-UC not the BAG version.

This is the one, http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/speakon-chassis-connectors/nl4mp-uc

President of Club Polk

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Good, I got the right one.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Thread started 6 years ago?? Holy Crap were getting old...