Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    last night, after a storm blew through...

19548660294_2c3cc4e976_b.jpg023 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mhardy6647
    Mrs. H was on a birding trip in Maine last week; she e-mailed me these cell phone photos a day or so ago...

19553226734_c16e8baf76_b.jpg20150730_145430 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    20181315821_b9b1114825_b.jpg20150729_051311 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    image_zps73ddf729.jpg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    imagejpg6_zpsa8efa71d.jpg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited August 2015
    LOL.....thanks for that reminder Daddy. It's been posted before and I use that when talking music to some of my younger nieces and nephews.

Here's a little trick I play on them sometimes. I ask them if they heard this new song by xyz, any of the popular no talent, over hyped artists, then I play something old school from the likes of Queen, Diana Ross, Bob Segar. Their jaws hit the floor and proclaim "I want that, is it on ITUNES ? "

Then I break the news to them.....and I get a big "OOH" followed by disappointment. The youngsters are more into the looks and marketing aspects rather than the musical talents.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daddyjt
    Thanks Tony - Here's another one I find true...:

thCAZZXYA1_zpsmqsy7giv.jpg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• tonyb
    lol...amen brother !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    IMHO....there's only one rap group worth mentioning, Run DMC. Plus they had great messaging in their Rap.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    How's the fishing there?
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan
    He was the first President I worked for, he was kinda out of it, Nancy and her astrologers were in charge, scarey times..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    tonyb wrote: »
    IMHO....there's only one rap group worth mentioning, Run DMC. Plus they had great messaging in their Rap.

I kind of liked Body Count for a bit...saw em live...Ice T rocked the house..
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Rick88 wrote: »
    she already totaled hers (another Sportster). I am impressed that it didn't scare her from wanting to ride again. She looked all over the area and fell in love with my bike...

Any totaled bike owner that is alive is very very fortunate

In a word, or dos "riding lessons"
    You need to be intimate with your bike, just like a side arm. If you don't know the inside and out of your device, you no longer have the upper hand

Ride safe, my friends
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • mhardy6647
    bridges 'round these parts tend to have roofs on 'em -- this one's just around the corner from us; my wife's parents' house was through the bridge & up the hill...

13766993583_0c7295565c_b.jpgDSC_9035 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Atleast you weren't riding a horse all day, but you maybe just a$$ sore ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    vr9xft9zx2tk.jpg

Is this a toll booth? for a second I thought you hoped on to a race track!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    The Dum Dum Girls...

r7ax7mzzsxao.jpg
    jb73or6fa2df.jpg
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    l7r6bpbaree7.jpg
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548

Maybe on the next version of their Amps, they might include a defeat button for the lights..?
    BlueFox wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    does the cardboard on the pass help any?

Helps a lot. Without it, the amps look like a car coming at you in the dark, and makes for a very unpleasant experience.

3lprls3wnjc1.jpg

ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    g2dtpeun6f0h.jpg

Tip of the cape for the next week....how will I manage??
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    You can probably pick up WiFi via atmospheric skip from Bahsten...

;- )
  • mrbiron
    We don't need no stinkin WiFi! :D .......but we do need more beer.
  • mhardy6647
    Was the weather on the cape as bad as it was elsewhere in MA the last coupla days? I hope not. Mrs. H was in Westford as a tornado sauntered though; they were holed up in the center of a building for a while on Tuesday 'til the storm passed.

• daddyjt
    image_zps4bb96a21.jpg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Wow! What a shot!

Well done!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mrbiron
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Was the weather on the cape as bad as it was elsewhere in MA the last coupla days? I hope not. Mrs. H was in Westford as a tornado sauntered though; they were holed up in the center of a building for a while on Tuesday 'til the storm passed.

Reported 80+mph winds in Truro during "the event". It blew a quarter of the shingles off the house we are rented, tossed chairs & tables everywhere, and produced 5 screaming kids. All in all, the weather has been great!
  • daddyjt
    Wow! What a shot!

Well done!

Thanks - That was from my fall trip to Glacier National Park a couple years ago.

That is Bowman Lake, which is up the north-fork road of the park, about 15 miles from the tiny town of Polebridge.

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited August 2015
    My Morning Jacket (FANTASTIC show) and Steely Dan. Just realized I've had HDR turned off on my camera. Sigh
    guot9f0rkk1o.jpg
    mbe5crtsoje5.jpg
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    DSkip wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »

Excellent photo and gear pal!!

Thank you rick, tonight I might go for a shot of the other side of the rack and the other speaker...teehee.

A rack shot just isn't right unless you get a pair.

I totally agree, and Rick you are the king of rack shots. Hint hint
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited August 2015
    Weekend dinner fest:

Saturday: drumsticks, grilled corn, homemade mac & cheese, garden salad
    Sunday: big ol' pork butt for pulled pork, green beans, homemade cornbread w/ lots of butter & honey

And beer...lots and lots of beer!

http://erikt.cts.com/Pictures/bbq/8-8-15-Drumsticks-Butt.jpg

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.