Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    t4tx9dkkxgv5.jpg

Jeez, some people really take seriously "Post a picture . . . any picture!" :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    ^^^^love it
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I picked up a camera for my telescope, it is smaller then 2 of my eye pieces, though my 2 eye pieces are really huge :)
    s86bp3mfas21.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited August 2015
    oooh, are those 2" eyepieces? :- ) They look very -- purposeful.
    Going to do some astrophotography, then? Looking forward to some photos!

We have a 6" Newtonian here (well, and a couple of other scopes) -- this is pretty good territory for stargazing and I keep kind of meaning to spend some quality time doing it.

14557292335_cf3b7733e3_b.jpgDSC_9562 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    14738453381_8fc3011e5f_b.jpgDSC_9753 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • Moose68Bash
    @mhardy6647,

Remarkable night sky!

I haven't seen a sky like that since camping out in northern Minnesota just south of the Canadian border in the 1970s!

Must be beautiful in person.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mhardy6647
    It was very nice last week as the moon was just starting into its first quarter (i.e., thin crescent and setting early). Having grown up in B-more :- I don't associate August with good night sky viewing -- but it's often pretty good here.

I'm less than 90 minutes from where (I think!) you are -- if you catch my drift :- ) C'mon over some time!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited August 2015
    great shots Doc! I love the shot of the Milky Way thru the gap.

those eyepieces I have have 85* FOV compare to most having 55%. so instead of using a 40MM for wide angle and really low power I can use the 26MM Nagler with a lot of more power but same FOV! but its super heavy and cost almost $500.

The Camera is for solar system & bright objects only, as my house has bad light conditions for deep sky stuff. but now instead of taking a pic for 30min to hours...you take video at 60 fps for 10 seconds, grabs 1200-1500 frame ...run it thru a histogram to pick best 200-500 frames then stack them to make 1 great pic.

Think I made of my mind to sell my house and find another out in the country with better deep sky views :) there is a nice gap in the flint hills of Kansas I'm looking over.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548

Rick88 wrote: »
    77y88sbkgk7x.jpg

Is that the lookout at Leonard Harrison State Park. I used to ride the trail from Darling Run to Blackwell a couple times a week when I lived up that way. Go back in about 3 weeks. The fall foliage should be showing some beautiful colors. I'm gearing up for a ride in September or October(it's been about 4 years). Get down on the canyon floor and you can see the waterfowl in migration soon. Absolutely beautiful time of the year.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2015
    gdb wrote: »
    aul21kfefv4z.jpg

:D

Is that a Nissan Leaf? ;-)
    Rick88 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    oooh, are those 2" eyepieces? :- ) They look very -- purposeful.
    Going to do some astrophotography, then? Looking forward to some photos!
    Man those are awesome photos, as are all the ones you post!! B)

What kind of camera(s) do you use?
    Thank you. Yes, modern cameras make it very easy (plus one's not wasting film when one experiments). I have two Nikon DSLRs, both entry-level (cheap) DX-format bodies. The wonderful thing, IMO, about Nikon is that they've maintained compatibility backwards to 1959 with their cameras to date -- almost any Nikon "F" mount lens ever made will work (manually, of course, in many cases) on even the modern "F" mount DSLRs. ... and there is plenty of excellent Nikkor glass available; much of it at very attractive prices.

PS My son is the real photographer in the family, as you may recall: http://icouldbeahero.blogspot.com
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    I think it well could be a Leaf. :D
  • mhardy6647
    at least it didn't burst into flame.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012

I agree 90%. ;)

• mhardy6647

I agree 90%. ;)

I just LOL'd (but of course we shan't discuss why).
  • Just finished repairs to this Air Tight ATM-1 and now get the pleasure of burning it in on the bench today. This unit was modified by Tom Tutay who I spoke with several times during the repair process. Very nice and helpful guy.

6itbisdb4g1d.jpg
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905

I agree 90%. ;)

Some of us remember that one.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Moose68Bash

I agree 90%. ;)

@mhardy6647,

Come on! Let us in on the joke!

Unless, of course, it's too ribald to pass the censors! >:)

• mhardy6647
    No joke -- just some Leaf chatter on these fora a little while ago :-P
  • Moose68Bash
    edited August 2015
    Oh, I think I recall that in a thread involving good fun about a Leaf purchased by a Club Polk member (Lasareath?).

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Shhh!.... Don't waken the beast!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    music-television-dr-evil_zps6pmxs0kv.jpg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    the above-mentioned thread might have been a case of assault and...

wait for it

battery.

{ducks & runs for cover}

back on topic -- hope I didn't post this one already...

19880174413_5686a539d0_b.jpg032 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • Moose68Bash
    @mhardy6647,

I think you did post it earlier in this thread (or one very like it).

No matter, it is definitely worth a second and third, etc., look!

Beautiful!

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I like that Ken. Does Canada's doctors wear the same thing ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Got back Thursday from a roadtrip/vacation. Drop our oldest son off at Humboldt State up in northern CA for his sophomore year, checked out the surrounding sites, then headed down the 101 via the Avenue of the Giants (scenic bypass thru the CA redwoods) and on into Sonoma County wine country for some wine tasting.

Moonstone beach (north of Arcata/HSU)
    Moonstone-beach-1.jpg

The Eel River along the Ave of the Giants
    ave-giants-eel-river.jpg

A redwood grove w/ clover
    ave-giants-clover.jpg

Sonoma wine country
    sonoma-anniclaire-1.jpg

Rugged Sonoma coast
    sonoma-coast-6.jpg

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • mhardy6647
    Nice.

We made that trip (once) back when we lived in the Sillycon Valley (1991, to be precise). We went to Lassen and Shasta (stayed in Redding) and on the homeward trip we meandered over to the coast and then back down to lovely :-P Milpitas.

The homeward leg of the trip was a long freaking drive -- beautiful, though.
  • Moose68Bash
    Great shots!

The natural beauty of California is astounding, and not just in a few places and not just of a few kinds -- valleys, canyons, mountains, seashore, bays, magnificent trees, etc.

But that beauty must do something strange to the minds of inhabitants. I lived there for almost a decade, and I couldn't wait to get back to the East, which has its own set of problems. However, I'll take four seasons and more conventional values, as well as a modicum of frugality, or as I like to call it, "Yankee thrift."

Well, except with respect to stereo equipment! :)