audio racks

Options
124»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Thanks. I have a couple of nits to pick with them but overall, I am very happy with the results.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • drgalexo
    drgalexo Posts: 159
    Options
    I know this is an old thread and I actually finished these quite sometime ago but I wanted to share the finished product. This website is a lot different than before and I'm not sure how to attach photos here.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    drgalexo wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread and I actually finished these quite sometime ago but I wanted to share the finished product. This website is a lot different than before and I'm not sure how to attach photos here.

I found it easier to load your pics at a hosting site such as Photobucket, then attach here.

A rack I built after this thread was started.

IMG_41231024x683_zps1a706f1b.jpg

• drgalexo
    Options
    Thanks Mike, beautiful job on the rack, really nice set up. I think I have it figured out now, hopefully pics to come.
  • aboroth00
    aboroth00 Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Very nice rack indeed! Great job.
    2Ch Tube Audio Convert
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Very_ nice setup Mike, love those acoustic panels!
  • drgalexo
    Options
    I finished the shelves and now I am upgrading my Polk SDA SRS 2's as many of you have done and suggested. They will then be used in a completely different set up. The second picture is of the set up with my Acapella La Campanella,s and is still in a state of transition. Each of the shelves weighs over 70lbs and are 4 inches thick and solid wood. Each leg consists of 17 pieces of wood and the maple is harvested from my woods when I had it logged several years ago.30itx323f3ai.jpg
    4jg6we7pj6tz.jpg
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Stately!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    Options
    from this to this.The open rack I found at the dumpster and added a few shelves. It became quite the dust collector so I ditched it for the black lacquer multi shelve that has enough clearance for my tt to operate w/ the cover open all the way.8uo5t6rgy7h9.jpg
    50732kyusdfn.jpg
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    I finished the shelves and now I am upgrading my Polk SDA SRS 2's as many of you have done and suggested. They will then be used in a completely different set up. The second picture is of the set up with my Acapella La Campanella,s and is still in a state of transition. Each of the shelves weighs over 70lbs and are 4 inches thick and solid wood. Each leg consists of 17 pieces of wood and the maple is harvested from my woods when I had it logged several years ago.30itx323f3ai.jpg
    4jg6we7pj6tz.jpg

That is one HEALTHY rack, cool that the material came from your property. Appears to be housing some very nice gear! First set of lamps that I've seen that are larger than SDA's !!!

Good job!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
    4jg6we7pj6tz.jpg

Very nice, I'm jelly over the Acapellas..
  • drgalexo
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. Yes, the SDA's are huge and I am anxious to upgrade them, especially the tweeters. The Acapellas are actually as large, much heavier but have a different footprint. They play very nicely with the McIntosh gear. I really wasn't looking for them in particular but came across a deal I couldn't refuse, and I'm very happy to have them.
  • MetropolisLake
    Options
    I'm thinking of building my own out of oak plywood. My wife wants a nice glass panel though to combat dust. I just don't see how a standard rack would look good, my room is flat black with antique wood highlights. How is a modern metal shiny rack not going to stick out like a sore thumb? I'm not sure what to do.
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    Options
    That's a sweet rack, drgalexo. Quite beautiful.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    Options
    tu6g.jpg