Important message about Club Polk...

Comments

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Btw, all the links at the top are broken - "Home Audio, Wireless, etc" all give error screens.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    nspindel said:

I don't get why you would want this linked to your Facebook account? I can just picture the comments on my Facebook wall when all my friends get "Neil just upgraded his crossovers with Sonicaps." scrolling across their news feed.

Agree, I kind of call this my new facebook as I am not a socialite, nor a postaholic, and I too liked the old layout of the forum and was getting used to it. Like things being made now overseas, I hope that wasn't the case with this layout?? I know some folks probably worked hard on it, and it it's so good, why isn't the official Polk Page bright white too?? Maybe they are changing that as well. so not bitching, just saying!! What I like about the forum (no matter what it looks like) is the members and that makes up for any format, so just honker down and roll with it. I'm sure the kinks will get dealt with. Thanks to all that spent time to make it all happen.

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Now it appears it will take some time to hit the mile stone of 500 posts. I was only 15 or so away from that. As Charlie Brown says RATS!!!
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    Hating it.
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    treitz3 said:

Love the toggle lights function.

Tom

What is that?
  • Hello,
    I'm sorry the new forum isn't meeting with everyone's approval. I've been trying to let the developers know what everyone's thoughts are to see if things can be altered. But, in the meantime, maybe we could take a deep breath and give things a chance?
    Thanks, Ken
  • JDFx
    JDFx Posts: 36
    oldrocker said:

Now it appears it will take some time to hit the mile stone of 500 posts. I was only 15 or so away from that. As Charlie Brown says RATS!!!

Your post count looks close to 500 to me:

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Just logged on. Not an improvement IMO
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited August 2014

Hello,
    I'm sorry the new forum isn't meeting with everyone's approval. I've been trying to let the developers know what everyone's thoughts are to see if things can be altered. But, in the meantime, maybe we could take a deep breath and give things a chance?
    Thanks, Ken

Ken while I agree that there needs to be a so called "adjustment" to this new forum I completely disagree with the amount of ************* on simple words that ARE NOT curse words. Maybe they could have dual meanings but still we are adults here and for the most part very civil. As Jesse pointed out 95% of us are older than 30 and this new incarnation looks so darn cartoonish and childish that this may be one of my last post or time spent on this site I so dearly loved.

So maybe all of us newer folks (me) and those who have been here since the dawn of Polk Forum need to step back and STOP posting for say a month and lets see just how remarkable this site will be to the folks that Polk seems to want, I betting that it will be crickets chirping.

• I haven't yet figured out why it blocks the word "c-a-r-b-o-n" in my sig.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    its the man dude look at this new stuff and you will see normal language blocked **********out it is complete and udder ********
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I'm sure the censor stuff is default forum behavior and they'll get it all sorted out soon enough. I don't like the picture on the left at all, that's gonna get really old really quick
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Yes due to my stupidity, my post count is where it needs to be, Woo hoo maybe a martini this evening when I crack that milestone.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    relax gang, it's new. give them a chance to dial things in. breath.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • pitdogg2

I'm sure the censor stuff is default forum behavior and they'll get it all sorted out soon enough. I don't like the picture on the left at all, that's gonna get really old really quick

I'd rather look at nothing than the **** at the left....

• pitdogg2
    so S K a N K is blocked also ....

I'm so out of here...........
    goodbye
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    see ya...

I have my issues with the forum and as of right now I think the changes net a negative result, but I also know this big of a change is a process and will take some time to get it finished. In the meantime, how about we all just relax a little...geez
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Relax?? I don't think anyone is speaking out of line here, if no one posts what they don't like how do you expect anything to change??

Not everyone what's to be a puppet!!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    I can't log in from my LG g2 android??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308

How do I stop recording email notifications of thread updates????
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053

Hello,
    Thanks, Ken

We're just so passionate about the forum we are just voicing our concerns. You aren't going to be able to please everyone, but I think some very valid points have been brought up about format, color and options.

It would be nice to have a bit more in depth understanding of the new software and what it can and can't do.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    pitdogg2 said:

So maybe all of us newer folks (me) and those who have been here since the dawn of Polk Forum need to step back and STOP posting for say a month and lets see just how remarkable this site will be to the folks that Polk seems to want, I betting that it will be crickets chirping.

I support that idea 100%. Someone let me know when we have the vBulletin format back again, like most every other audio forum. This is c-r-a-p!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    F1nut said:

pitdogg2 said:

I support that idea 100%. Someone let me know when we have the vBulletin format back again, like most every other audio forum. This is c-r-a-p!

I agree, think I will step away for awhile...
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I am in for that F1...

anybody that still wants to chat about all things audio and other stuff, AudioMilitia is still up and running.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited August 2014
    Is there going to be a 'What's New" button...or maybe there is and I just can't find it.

Oh, never mind...I found it!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I really hope some of the more knowledgeable members don't do a boycott. This place has become a wonderful escape for me, and I feel like even a temporary leave by a group would really hurt the forum.....and I know that's your point, but I think it would be a hard recover.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    just give me a widescreen option and i'll be fine...
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    I hope everyone sticks around as well, but if some folks abandon us because they don't like the way the forum looks then so be it, we'll survive just as we always have. Personally I thinks it's a childish overreaction, but that's just me...
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited August 2014
    Its not the forum that makes the forum its the people that make the forum! Boy I need an icon, that little sad face cat just doesn't cut it. LOL
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited August 2014
    you can upload your own icon, y'know -- maybe a happy faced cat?

13997777012_541399ccfe_z.jpgfishy_harpo by mhardy6647, on Flickr