What are you playing?

Comments

• Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited May 2013
    pork wrote: »
    I never played Ravaged before. Looks pretty fun, though, I have heard mixed things about it. If it goes on sale maybe I'll give it a try. Cool video, too.

Thanks. Everyone I know that plays Ravaged loves it, and the most common question I hear from newbies is, "why don't more people play this game?" That's the worst part about it, is that it's hard to find a server with more than a handful of people playing. It's been on sale a few times and there was a free weekend, and each time the player base grew a little larger, but this game is seriously deserving of a huge following. I consider myself a hardcore gamer and have played just about every damn FPS you can name, starting from Wolfenstein 3D and Rise of the Triad, and Ravaged is absolutely one of the best. It reminds me very much of the original Desert Combat mod for BF1942, which still has a decent player base. In fact I'd say Ravaged is a bit better because it's based on the Unreal engine, so on-foot combat feels more natural vs. the old BF1942 engine which was great for vehicular combat but kinda not so great for on-foot combat.

Anyway, even not on sale, it's only $10. Bargain of the century IMO. It is very heavily skill-based, however. That's the second most common complaint I hear, is that it's too hard. But that's only from the people that aren't any good. The more difficult the weapon is to use, the more damage it does, with the helicopter being the hardest weapon in the game to use. Most people cannot fly it at all. Get in and immediately crash. But if you could fly a heli in Desert Combat, the ones in Ravaged work the same way.

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2013
    After finally beating Batman: Arkham Asylum, I've started Batman: Arkham City.

I still have some Riddles in AA to find, but I'll get to them eventually (maybe).

Both great titles for sure.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited June 2013
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited July 2013
    Picked up Rising Storm through Steam. Fun, WW2 shooter. The realism boards are hardcore, which is pretty cool. Nothing like some iron sights shooting.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited July 2013
    I'm burned out on the Batman games (it took me two years of off-and-on playing to finish Arkham Asylum), so I started Bioshock Infinite a couple of weeks ago. Fun game so far.
    I've heard from others that the Batman AA is so time consuming. They too__ got burned out on it and quit playing it a year ago. I'll check out the reviews on Rising Storm, see if it's able to do split screen two player.
  • Nach
    Nach Posts: 9
    edited July 2013
    The usual Fifa 13 and Age of Empires II. Such a waste of my computer... but I love 'em!
  • RduNC
    RduNC Posts: 87
    edited July 2013
    World Of Tanks- It's been fun going down the tech tree and building the tank you want. Once more it's a free, just download and create an account.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited July 2013
    Running with Friends; does that count for this thread? :eek:
  • GFOviedo
    GFOviedo Posts: 352
    edited August 2013
    I don't even play that much anymore. I usually play Black OP 2. My 4 year old son, however. He play Black Ops 2 Multiplayer and Zaombies. He's pretty good at it too!
    AVR: DENON X4000
    FRONT L/R: ARX A3RX-C
    CENTER: ARX A2RX-C
    SURROUND L/R: ARX A3
    SUBWOOFER: PSA-XV15

SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: VIZIO M601D-A3R
  • Game server hosting www.ggservers.com is the actual rental of processor time for a specific game. Today, such a rental can give enormous benefits to a serious gamer. By renting a Minecraft game server, you can not only save space on your computer but also significantly reduce the cost of increasing RAM. Your game server will be always active, providing open access to other users. It’s great.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Based on what you said, I wouldn't believe anything you said.

If you're going to spam, at least make it believable.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Trover Saves The Universe
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Gran Turismo 5 and 6 on PS3 never get old. Especially driving around in the Rocket!!
  • Nightfall
    Children of Morta

Pretty good Roguelite.

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
  • Nightfall
    Dead Cells was pretty fun.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    After not playing any video games for a while, I dusted off the xBox 360 and have been playing Forza Motorsport 4. After a week, I'm debating buying an xBox One to play Motorsport 7/ the newest Horizon (8?). Not sure I can justify for two games, though. I'll stick to Forza 4 for now, I'm quite content with it :)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I hate to say this but I did play a little Skyrim VR today...but VR changes everything... nothing like getting attack by a dragon or giant that towers over you as you draw back your bow and try to shoot the dragon out of the sky why using a shoot to make him land and then jumping on his head and shoving your sword thru his skull!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    You'll break a hip doing that Darryl...
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    ...After a week, I'm debating buying an xBox One to play Motorsport 7/ the newest Horizon (8?)...

Two days ago I remembered that my friend who recently switched to playing PC had an Xbox One. I shot him a text message to see if he still had it. He did, and I gave him $75 for it. Got Forza Horizon 4 installed (which is the newest one, not 8) for $30 on the Microsoft store and have been playing for a few days now. And may I just say... Holy Toledo Batman. The graphics are astounding. The cars actually do what you tell them. I'm lovin' this! :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Star Wars Battle Front II. Since I have been laid off I've been putting in some time on HERO BATTLE. Most of my characters are around level 40
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    War Thunder.
    Finally learning how to fly.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I have a couple of those miniature Nintendo systems but they are mostly for looking at. I play Mario once in a while for old times sake.
  • Nightfall
    Snowrunner. Just came out today. Simulation off road game with licensed trucks and realistic physics. Great game so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1_ty7esAnI

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Battlefield V for me.
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    Honestly I’ve been playing some PS3 games I never really got around to playing. Doom, Battlefield 3 & 4 (and Bad Company), Max Payne, and I actually realized I have Little Big Planet which is supposed to be great even though it looks like a little kids game lol. I also have been replaying Fallout and Skyrim because I just love them. I wasn’t quick enough on the draw to get a pre-order for the PS5 but from what the guys at EB said there aren’t going to be enough systems to go around at launch to even meet the pre-orders. I’m ok with that, I’ll get a later version as those are usually better anyway. I’m actually having a lot of fun playing the old Doom 1 and 2 games oh and wolfenstein too!

I honestly think less is truly more sometimes, and back when graphics weren’t necessarily that amazing (at least compared to the latest systems), games had to be interesting to play because you couldn’t just sit there and drool over the graphics. Sure, there are some modern games that really do “have it all”, but some of those old games really are awesome, even now!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • Nightfall
    edited November 2020
    I still regularly play Atari, NES, SNES, and Genesis. And Gameboy. And GBA. And... Old games are awesome.

ruyzz69vkhnd.jpg
    d9yrfo4mm7gz.jpg

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    That is some collection. I know who i am contacting when i can convince my wife that her NES needs a new home.

Her games still have the boxes! :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I just started playing Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour again. There is a digital version that works with Windows 10.
    Looking to find some other PC games like C&C. Any suggestions?
  • Nightfall
    Check out Age of Empires.