Polkfest 2012

Comments

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited September 2012
    Welcome Mike's son.
    So what genre is the RnR Chorus?
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2012
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    I would stay home if I were you
    I'm with Russ....you should just stay home John...but you know I care deeply for you and your douchebagdom, we're like peas in a pod to most folks.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    Just wanted to say hi! I'm Mike's (BigDawg around here) son. It'll be my first time at Polkfest and I'm quite excited for it! If anyone will still be around on Sunday, coincidentally, the group I am a FOH engineer for called the RockNRoll Chorus will be performing at the Hard Rock in the Inner Harbor. It's a one-off date (we're actually from New Jersey) and the timing couldn't have been better in facilitating my ability to go to Polkfest.

Psyched to see HQ and everyone else!

I apologize in advance and you will never be the same after one of these.....physically or mentally. It's a horrifying experience. Especially if Jstas is in Zombie projectile vomiting mode again....it was very close to the movie 21 Days.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited September 2012
    Alright, fine, I'm out.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2012
    Alright, I'm getting jazzed....I'll be blowing into town early afternoonish on Thurs. I've got a couple handles of Beam, a bottle of Goslings, A gallon of Korean Soju, some vaseline and a box of bandaids. I think I've got everything I need.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    TroyD wrote: »
    Alright, I'm getting jazzed....I'll be blowing into town early afternoonish on Thurs. I've got a couple handles of Beam, a bottle of Goslings, A gallon of Korean Soju, some vaseline and a box of bandaids. I think I've got everything I need.

BDT

You forgot that blood clotting stuff they give out for combat Troy.....we'll need a LOT of them. I'm going to be providing IV's of Saline for anyone not able to hang with the old timers. A Gallon of Soju??!! You better keep Al away from that or I'll have to walk him into reality again.

John, Don't be a ****.....just bring your **** down here and enjoy yourself....good gracious you fool.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2012
    Quik Clot....I've got that in my combat medic kit, and the IV's.

Jumper Cables. FAAK. Almost forgot.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2012
    Quik Clot....I've got that in my combat medic kit, and the IV's.

BDT

Dont forget a kidney donor or two, or maybe a dialysis machine :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2012
    Nah, we need livers...
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2012
    amulford wrote: »
    Nah, we need livers...

Thats what I meant lol, but kidneys as well would be an added bonus!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited September 2012
    amulford wrote: »
    Nah, we need livers...

Can I have onions with mine?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2012
    BDT

Are you bringing your hood? The one I saw in your sock drawer.

RT1
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2012

BDT

Kewl, always think of this when jumper cables are mentioned.

0024920,whats-funk.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited September 2012
    Hotel is booked. Looks like i'm in!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited September 2012
    Not getting in until Thursday midnight or so. Least I'll skip traffic
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2012
    I'm out, had to cancel the Hotel Res. today. Really not happy about this one; wife off to Chicago again, aging parents etc. And unlike a lot of the chorus above, I've got a teenage daughter I have to parent (it's amazing just how many of the main guys here are either "empty nesters" or don't have any kids?). I know you'll all have a great time and won't even notice yours truly is not there. Just kidding!

Have a great time!
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • thejakekatz
    thejakekatz Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Thanks! It's an acapella rock group. We do everything from Seperate Ways - Journey, Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue, and Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi to a mashup of Free Ride - Edgar Winter & Long Train Runnin' - Doobie Brothers with some current pop/rock stuff thrown in too. Very cool. Here's a link to a free download from out new album from our site: http://rocknrollchorus.com/freedownload

EDIT: Definitely didn't mean to turn into a giant billboard... Sorry! haha
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    edited September 2012
    I have been really wanting to make it to Polkfest for years. I thought this might be the year but a friend form the west coast is coming into town for his 50th reunion at the Naval Academy.

I'll try to make it if I can.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited September 2012
    :smile:
    skrol wrote: »
    I have been really wanting to make it to Polkfest for years. I thought this might be the year but a friend form the west coast is coming into town for his 50th reunion at the Naval Academy.

I'll try to make it if I can.

Maybe your friend would enjoy Polkfest more than his 50th reunion?

I know: Not on a bet! :wink:
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited September 2012
    Hotel room booked, vehicle ready, I will be in md for dinner on thursday.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2012
    The training class I was supposed to be in this week got rescheduled for next month, so i'll be at the HQ Fest on Friday (and Saturday). I'm open for dinner Thursday and Friday nights if anyone wants to catch up.
    No excuses!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited September 2012
    ESavinon wrote: »

Kewl! :biggrin:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited September 2012
    I wish I could attend sounds like a good time to be had by all. I just got off vacation, and go deer hunting in November so no time for Polk Fest. I would of liked to of met all of you. I wish all of you good times, and hope everyone returns home safe.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Moose68Bash
    edited September 2012
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Hey, on that note, seriously try and get autographs from everyone you see. It doesn't matter if they work for HR or not, make them feel special for one day and ask for an autograph on some Polk literature or whatever you have handy. It will make them feel good and contribute to our grass roots adventure. OR ask to get a picture with them.

Having been one of those under-appreciated HR guys for many tears before retiring, I would like very much to meet the HR folks at Polk. Will they be at Polkfest?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2012
    ESavinon wrote: »
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Kewl! :biggrin:

Yeah man! We're there! No white van this year LOL!
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2012
    You guys have a good time and take it easy on the new guys - LOL!
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Moose68Bash
    edited September 2012
    Yes, please take it easy on the new guys!:smile:

Do seniors et any relief?

• amulford
    edited September 2012
    if you bring your own gerritol, sure...
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2012
    I have 15 spots for Sushi Sono, Columbia, MD @ 630pm for Thursday. They know Polk Audio, unfortunately, and if this needs to be increased, let me know ASAP and by phone. PM for contact information but this is who I have off hand and if I forgot you in this list, not intentional, just REALLY busy here guys so just handle it, let me know your coming and shut up.

Love,
    Mark

Jesse, Mark, Al, Ted, George, Raife, Brandon, Troy, Trey, Ben, John, Carl, Ed...... (13)

Cathy, Mark the 2nd?????
  • amulford
    edited September 2012
    I'd love to, but I'm gonna hoof it in w/ Stas this go round. Thank you, though...