2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2010
    Doug, Brock and I just walked in my place in Mason, OH. Will get something to eat/drink and will post back.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Shame on you for making John get drunk!! I've never seen somebody suggest one toss it up and someone respond that quickly Noah!

Don't worry about the Hawkeye thing. I would n't mind having Alan Alda's money!! You were having a good time and that's what it's all about. No harm done:D:D

Gordon

Now now now. Credit where credit is due. Getting drunk was all my fault!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    So how did the new LSI's sound?

Pretty darn good. Now understand these are prototypes. The Crossovers are still being developed, what you see is a work up.

That being said, they have some tweaking, but on the whole I liked them very much.:cool:
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited October 2010
    The picture was great! Lou-looking good! :cool: Hated we could not make it....soon BDT will no longer have Uncle Sam as his travel agent. Really hate to not be a part of the fun in Jersey! A year seems like a long time but the road is never long between PF friends. In the beginning of all this crazy PF stuff, I really picked on BDT but now I see why ya'll stay connected. It is amazing! Glad ya'll are still alive and well.....and as always Al is one of a kind! :D
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited October 2010
    Lou,

Thanks for making my first Polkfest a memorable one. Had a great time, and really loved meeting all these faceless names from the Internet.

Oh, and winning a bunch of stuff in the raffle was a bonus. I think I'm due to put up a karma soon....

That tequila was outrageous, btw.

Big Dawg
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2010
    Back home in Georgia.

Lou, you and your crew did a GREAT JOB, what a great Polkfest.

The weather broke for an excellent day, excellent food and 3 rooms with great sounding rigs.

Good to see everyone again.

Thanks to everyone, I know it takes a lot of effort, time and money to have one of these things, it is truely appreciated.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited October 2010
    Ghetto Rock!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited October 2010
    I just got back and shaved off my "beard" hahhahaha

Great polkfest!

Thanks Lou, Dave for the hospitality.

Great time!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2010
    Just rolled up in the driveway. Another outstanding PF is in the books! Lou...You Rock!! Dave...You're still cute as a button!:D It was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Food, gear, beer and kitchen rasslin'! Who could ask for more? Thanks a bunch Lou and Dave for all y'all did to put this event together. A tip o' the hat to Al, Mark and Patrick letting us put an ear on the new Lsi speakers. I see good things happening when the tweakin' is done. GG, you know our hearts and wallets will always be there for you and the Githens Center. Keep on truckin' you chewed up piece of shoe leather!
    I second the motion for PF11 at Keikos!!

Shut up Mike!

and John knows how to puke with dignity and honor.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2010
    Had an awesome time. It was great to see everyone again and meet all the new faces. A big thanks to Al Patrick and Mark for bringing the new LSI's and for the giveaways. Lou it was great hanging out again it was like I never moved. Time to drive home tomorrow I will post more when I get home

Ghetto rock
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited October 2010
    Finished dinner at Ricardo's here in Mason Ohio. Wonderful food and hospitality by the Garcia family.

First I want to say that was a very long trip from Illinois, but completely worth it. Had blast seeing old faces and meeting some new faces. Big thanks to Lou for cooridinating the event and keeping things running smoothly. Big thanks to Polk, Al and Mark for putting this together also.

I'll write more when I get home to Illinois tomorrow night. Just wanted to put up a quick post ot thank all those involved. Had a great..........no......fantastic time and those who didn't/couldn't attend you missed out.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2010
    What a great weekend. It was great to see some old friends and meet new ones.
    Big thanks to Lou for opening your house to us. Great food, great beer, great demo rooms. THANKS!!
    Thanks to Al and Mark fo everything you did to help put this together.

Thanks to Joncoit for bringing that Tequila!!!

Thanks to Doug and Brock for taking the wheel helping make the drive easier. I would've fallen asleep on my own.

Ok. I'll stop before it starts sounding like a prayer.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2010
    Whew! I just pulled in. 750+ miles and 11 1/2 hours on the road (counting food fuel and nature breaks). I didn't go to bed until 4:30 last night (the bar at the motel was open for a while after I got back ;))...and got up at 9:00. I'm tired.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    edited October 2010
    My reservations about attending an event where I hardly knew anyone were quickly dispersed by everyone saying hello and shaking your hand. Hanging with a great bunch of people with a common interest made for a great day. The hospitality offered by our gracious host, Lou, made one feel right at home and comfortable (although I kept forgetting about that damn mannequin and got wigged every time I went into the garage--what's up with that Lou?). As for the Polk folks, Al, Mark and Patrick, what can be said. They brought those lovely looking towers which really started cranking after the dac hook-up. Might actually persuade me to acquiesce to something slimmer than the SDA's for the living room. Those AAD's rang sweet and true. The Carvers and 9's were just sooo rock and roll. Oh yeah--the food--Jeez Louise!!! All in all , had a great time with a group of really nice people and a bunch of good conversation. Even got to spin some discs and video. Guess I'll have to bring 2 bottles of Tequila next time
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• Ricardo
    edited October 2010
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Thanks to Al and Mark fo everything you did to help put this together.

And how could I forget, Patrick !!!! (Please don't ban me......)

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2010
    jonicont wrote: »
    although I kept forgetting about that damn mannequin and got wigged every time I went into the garage

No ****! That thing asked me for a beer every time I opened the refrigerator. Scary!

SOPA
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2010
    Great shot guys. Sorry I had to leave before the final take. But Sal caught me above.

A BIG SHOUT OUT to LOU for putting up with all of us. I had to leave before all the binging began? Is that a good thing...well I did make my sister's Birthday. In fact, I'm still in Scranton--leaving for home tomorrow.

It was great to meet everyone. Lou was a most gracious and magnanimous host. The Polkies were cool, the beer bottomless, the food was EVERYWHERE, the music effortless...you can fill in the rest.

We were all delighted with the raffle's success and it was an honor meet George Grand in person.

And, of course, many thanks to the Polk crew; Al, Doro and Patrick, for the Demo and all the other goodies and to everyone who donated equipment or bought equipment!

A lot more can and will be said about PF2010 but that's what legends are made of....

Thanks to everyone and be safe if you're not back home yet!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited October 2010
    Bob is ALWAYS watching!!!

Incidentally, Bob is a "body opponent bag" basically you can beat him about the head and body for training purposes.
    bob.jpg 33.8K
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    I think these are moral men

Polkfest007.jpg

SOPA
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2010
    It would seem another PolkFest was pulled off very nicely, it's nice to see. I absolutely missed you guys this year, and I feel I truly missed something this year not being there.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited October 2010
    it was a blast for me too...

thanks Lou for hosting great PF...

it was my first one but nevertheless one I will never forget, Devin = devani OH!

thank you everyone for making me a part of big family....

now back to work but would love to attend another one....
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2010
    This lookes like the greatest PF yet and am glad you guys had a great time. I'm still punching walls!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited October 2010
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Polkfest007.jpg

after how many beers was this taken? :p

looks like a good time you guys had!

and Sal I liked the video...the amazings looked amazing like always...
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2010
    I got home about 10 this morning, and after a whirlwind day of catching up for missing four days, I settled in about five minutes ago.

Where could I possibly start? I know. The ride up to Lou's was so dogshit, that everything had to go good after that. And it did. Little bit of hassle with the prototype cross-overs that had Al on his knees for awhile with the tech's on the other end of the phone trying to trouble-shoot (in between glancing at each other and saying "I told you they'd bust this stuff..."), but he was kept well-lubricated so that went smoothly. Patrick is hard-core and a good man, and so is the guy that owns Porcini's, the ginzo restaurant we ate at on Friday night.

Seeing great old heads like Lou, Tedwick, Shackus, Russ A., MLS, Sal, Drunk John, DougGK, Antny, Rico, Mike and Harry from The Island, Noah, Ed Savinon, Dave (thanks for coming up and helping Lou out man!), seeing and meeting newer heads like Madness Madden, Devani, Hawkeye, CNH, Big Dawg Mike, Jonicont, Jimmy D, Lightman, Millie & Buster, and I know I'm leaving people out but I'll catch them later here.

The raffle was an incredible success. As soon as I arrived on Saturday, Lightman shoved a fistful of cash in my hand that turned out to be $50 and he didn't want anything to do with the raffle. "I got enough stuff." Good man, thanks. Drunk John was next but he was still just "John" when he shoved $80 at me. I got $100 in cash from Hoosier for some audio stuff. When we counted up the cash proceeds from the raffle, I threw those dollars into the box too, and it came out to $1,405. Add in the Githens checks I got from Ricardo, Noah, Brock, Big Dawg, and Githens realized about $2,000 this morning when I got home. I went over there first thing. Then the mailman brought a $440 Githens check from Dashworth, so I brought them that in the early afternoon. $2,500 in the past couple hours. Not bad.

I'm not finished here, I have things to do now though. Lou, Jessica, you're the best.

Doro, when I got home I got the message on my home phone about Al & Patrick being on their way to pick us up at the hotel. Nice shooting there Slick. You da man. And thanks for my goody bag, I finally went through it. Nice.

Miss New Jersey is somebody else. Stephie advanced no further, however she retained her title of "Miss 7 Buckingham Drive".
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2010
    Just made it home to NC. What a great time it was. There is a good reason that I look foward to these every year. Lou you are the man for hosting the event and it was good to hang out with ya for a good week. Felt like old times.

Al, Patrick and Mark a big thank you to you as well. The LSI's sounded sweet and look beautiful.

John thanks for the great meal on Thursday night you sure can cook. Hell I even ate the vegies.

A big thanks to everyone that bought the raffle tickets I was so happy to see the amount we raised for the Githens center.

It was great to see everyone again and meet everyone else you are all a great bunch of people and look forward to seeing you all again next year at PF11 (Ricardo hint hint)

Also thanks to everyone for being so nice to my dogs as I think they were a little overwhelmed but buy made it through the weekend.

Now time for a nap. Ghetto Rock!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2010
    Made it back to IL around 3:30 pm on Monday afternoon. Big thanks to Ricardo and his family for their hospitality and being a good mid-point in the long trip to NJ!

Lou - incredible job hosting PF 2010 and a big thank you!

Another big thank you to Al, Mark, Patrick, and everyone else who helped make it possible!

Moral Men - we'll just keep that in the back pocket for when it's needed!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2010
    Finally after some sleep and time to reflect.

Another GREAT Polkfest. Kudos to Lou and everyone who had a hand in pulling this thing off. Other than the event at HQ, this had to be the largest with 35+ attendees.

Like I said earlier...for those who could not attend for legit reasons...we missed you and you missed a great time. I'm sorry. For those who just decided not to come for no good reason...who cares...your loss.

I really enjoy seeing Al and Patrick. I like to talk "shop" with them...as well as just hang out...drink a few and BS. Justin sucks for never having the balls to show up at PF.

The BEST THING about PF is to meet up with old friends and meet new ones (even John). The food and drink were excellent. The music and gear were good...excluding Sal's selections and the Norah Jones in the upstairs rig (but I digress).

I enjoyed the new LSis. They need some tweeking (IMO) to tame the upper end...but otherwise they are outstanding. Wonderful bass and midrange and good looking too.

I didn't win a thing at the raffle...it was obviously rigged by BigDawg...but that's ok since I would have given anyway for such a good cause. When a bunch of guys can donate $1,400 during a party...well...that tells you the quality of those guys.

It was well worth the time and effort to get there. Bring on PF2011. I'm ready!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • George Grand
    edited October 2010
    Patrick and Doro get to hang with Al. I think those guys already know how fortunate they are. He is constantly well-versing them. How cool is THAT?

Nice work Al.

Thanks to EVERYBODY that brought stuff to raffle for Githens, especially Polk Audio, and Hawkeye, who contributed a pair of SDA 2B for crying out loud! Johnny D had no idea what he won until he saw them!
    The Kraken sent me a $30 Githens check with Ricardo (Thanks Carl, love YOUUU!). Ricardo also brought a Carver TX-11a tuna that JGranby donated one way or another (Ricardo/gunpoint) and Big Dawg sucked up that very nice piece in the raffle.

If anybody grabbed one too many medium or dwarf size Polkfest shirts, I could use one. I probably won't live long enough to wash a large enough times to shrink it down to my size, not that I grabbed one of those either.
  • George Grand
    edited October 2010
    Other high points were meeting Trey for the first time, and re-hashing events with Count Venables.

More as they come in.

Lou's wife Jess was kind enough to have Maria, a sizzler of a North Jersey Italian girl, come over to the Fest before they went to see roller Derby. "I" almost went to see Roller Derby. Thanks Jess!
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2010
    Glad you folks had a great time.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°