2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2010
    Made it to ground zero, then to Tunes in Hoboken which resulted in large sacks of new/used cd's, we picked up beer this am, so now on our way back to Lou's!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2010
    Patrick told me that anyone who isn't here is banned.

Then again, he's banned me like 9 times already.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited October 2010
    Hey ya'll!!!!!

Greeting from SC......miss you Doro......and everyone of course!!!!! Where is George?
    BDT has lost internet temporarily so he says drink one for him and drink many for me.....enjoy!!!

Cheers....
    TLW
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2010
    It was great to see everyone again and meet some new faces. Thanks again Lou!

PFest%202010.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2010
    Wendi, tell Troy he was greatly missed...(when in fact it is you we really miss ;)).

For all the rest of you...If you couldn't make it because of REAL issues...you missed a great time. Lou is a super host. For all of you that could have come...but chose not to for whatever reason...you suck!

I need another beer.

BTW...I learned a couple of things about NJ...

First..many of the women like to wear really tight jeans with high heel boots. I think it may be some sort of uniform. Generally I like it.

Second...I thought ET hillbillies and farmers were the worst drivers in the US. WRONG. Jersey drivers make them look like ultra safe driving school instructors. Between the drivers and the crack smoking road designers that came up with the road system, the only solution is to park your car and stay home whenever possible...or stay out of N NJ. George says S Jersey is a little better...It couldn't be any worse.

More to come later from me and the MANY folks who actually showed up.

Now where is my beer?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited October 2010
    Looks like you guys are having a great time. Wish I could have made it.

Tony
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2010
    BDT is back up and running on the internet...sort of....Man, you don't KNOW how bad I want to be in Jersey right now. Eff my life!

Well, it's about 0315AM EST.....should be getting into full swing about now.

I miss you guys!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2010
    I bet since Bjork is what killed that driver.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2010
    Face wrote: »
    It was great to see everyone again and meet some new faces. Thanks again Lou!

PFest%202010.jpg

I hope the "tighten up mofos!!" helped organize this photo. No offense btw.

Great event, more later.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited October 2010
    First and foremost, a big "Thanks" goes out to Lou for having this at his house! I liked PF '08 in Baltimore, but being able to drive home after definitely has its merits.

Guys (and gals), if you don't find a reason or the time to make it to one of these Fests some day, you are missing out on what the essence of this place is all about, and that would be a shame.

It was great seeing lots of the brethren again, as well as meeting some new folks. It truly reinforces the notion that this is the best place on the 'net.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2010
    What a sharp looking group. :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited October 2010
    Lou, thanks for opening your home & hosting such a great event!!! After so many years of being a member, I finally got to meet a lot of you guys. Nothing like putting a face to a name. To a man ...a great bunch of guys that know how to have a great time. I had a blast!!!. And also thanks to Polk for bringing their flagship LSiM speaker. Stunning design, gorgeous looks & awesome sound. Now who's going to host next years PF???
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2010
    Man, I wish I could come.... instead I'm cramming for exams and surviving on 2-3 hours of sleep :(

You have no idea how much I wanted to make this but every year it happens to be in the middle of the semester...
    Now who's going to host next years PF???

Anyone interested in a NYC Polkfest?
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2010
    What a great looking group of people!:D

I'm so glad to see Polkfest thriving. I will be back!

Travel safe folks. I'm looking forward to the pictures and stories. Great job Lou! Thanks again to Polk.

Regards,
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2010
    Why is Sal so skinny, and Doug so red? Why is John's new nickname "puke"?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2010
    Did Anthony have neck implants?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2010
    Who's the guy next to Sal?
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited October 2010
    Just got home!! The GPS worked much better coming home!! Saved 2.5 hours today.

I'd like to thank Lou for opening his home to us. Polk Audio deserves a big thanks also!! It was my first PF and hope not to miss another one. It was nice putting a face to a name and meeting all you guys.

Phil, I didn't see the speaks in the back of the car:confused:

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • Jstas
    edited October 2010
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Why is Sal so skinny, and Doug so red? Why is John's new nickname "puke"?

Why? 'Cause your punk-**** sissied out and I had to get drunk and puke off teh back porch all by myself. Jerk.

It didn't help that all I was trying to do was sit in the lawn chair and take a nap and Noah is yelling off the back porch "HEY! Ya gonna puke? I hate pukin'! Don't puke now!...." Whatta jerk!

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    edited October 2010
    Hawkeye wrote: »
    Just got home!! The GPS worked much better coming home!! Saved 2.5 hours today.

I'd like to thank Lou for opening his home to us. Polk Audio deserves a big thanks also!! It was my first PF and hope not to miss another one. It was nice putting a face to a name and meeting all you guys.

Phil, I didn't see the speaks in the back of the car:confused:

Gordon

Ah hell Gordon...I must have put them in the wrong car!!! Darn. ;) Glad to hear that your return trip was safe & SHORTER!!! It was a blast wasn't it.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Jstas
    edited October 2010
    Keiko wrote: »
    I know a few faces here from past posts and facebook, but would like to know who's who with the rest of you fellers.

I'd love to make it to one of these, someday. Good times. Safe journey's, gang.

In the picture:

Top row, left to right: Ricardo, forgot already, George Grand, Hawkeye, Joncoit, Fireman32, Patrick C, Ted, Millerlitescott, F1nut, Lou's friend, Lou's other friend, pearsal.

Middle row, left to right: lightman, Al Ballard, Abernathy, Noah's friend, Antny, devani, Trey (Sid the Kid), heiney9, nadams, esavinon, dkg999, BigDawg, mmadden, pholerbehr (I think), shakc

Bottom row, left to right: "That Guy", doro, Lasereath, Face, ohskigod (Lou).

Person hiding, I think it's Antny's woman, Neecee.

If I missed or forgot anyone or screwed up your name, please feel free to yell at me.

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2010
    Wtf would I wanna do that for? Everytime somebody yells at you, your ****kin yakkin all over the place... BTW, that ****'ll wash out, it's just gonna take a couple of cycles...

It was cool seeing all you freaks. What a blast...

Lou, You da man.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited October 2010
    Ghetto Rock!

Guys, what can I say, I had a blast attending and hosting.

Thanks to those who kicked in ear for the raffle, and those who bought a silly amount of tickets. we collected 1405.00 from the raffle and 500 and change from gear sales. Just shy of 2G will be going to Githens from the fest this year. I was hoping for a good year, your efforts surpassed my expectations (and I suspect surpassed Georges too) Thank you all.

Thanks John for all your help. Dinner Thursday was delicious, and picking up the grill really got me out of a jam. It was a pleasure having you here. John brought a bad @ss selection of beer. I dont drink beer anymore and I still had some of the microbrews (the Blueberry Ale was a favorite of mine)

Dave, what can I say. You took off more time from work then I did to pregame with me. It was great having you here. you da man.

To Mark, Al, and Patrick. Thanks for repping Polk well and bringing the awesome with you. The gear for the raffle, the shirts, the LSiM demo, and more. Huge contributions to the overall effort.

Same for Phil and Anthony, who brought an insane amount of food. Lets just say the food I orderred was barely touched, and i will be eating Penne Vodka and Chicken Francais for weeks to come now. Seriously, Phil's Mac and Cheese, along with the Pork, was sweet. Anthony brought enough Sausage to end famine in a small 3rd world country, that is not including the peppers and onions I will also be eating for the next 4 days, as well as the untouched box o' corn.......my god man, it all rocked.

Many brought some Hard stuff, and man did much of it go. We went through enough Makers Mark alone to burn and heat 3 homes in Siberia for at least a day. Many brought, and I thank you all. A spevial shout out goes to Jonicont and that Tequila/Anejo. My god, that stuff was like licking the sweat of Angels while getting a handy from Salma Hayek. Best......Tequila......ever!

To all, you treated my house and gear with much respect. Thank you. The fact that the only loss I took was a 25 yr old Carver Platinum woofer with a rotted foam surround being held together by hope and God's grace, is......well.....amazing. Sal+Bjork = shenanigans (no where near his fault really but my god is it fun to blame him anyway :D)

so, it was work, but MAN was it worth it. One for the books on my end. Hope you all had fun.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2010
    Lou, I apologize for getting drunk and making JStas puke on your lawn...

Hawkeye - Sorry for thinking your SN was because you looked a bit like Hawkeye from MASH

To everyone who's names/screen names I forgot several times over the course of the night and had no idea who I was talking to... sorry

Got the gear all back in the house (nowhere near where it belongs, but at least it's in the house), and am currently rocking the house with the new Onky I bought from George and my SDA's, and boy does it sound sweet!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2010
    Wow what a great PF10. Thanks to Lou, Mark, Al and Dave for putting it all together. I had a great time, maybe a little to much fun towards the end of the night. Great to see everybody again. I really enjoyed the new LSiM towers once we got the WFS DAC 2 connected up. Phil's AAD monitors were awesome also.

Ravens beat the Steelers to put a cap on the weekend.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited October 2010
    Man, I hate I missed this, I just couldn't afford it now.....Good to see everyone had a good time!! I will get to one of these soon!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Hawkeye
    edited October 2010
    nadams wrote: »
    Lou, I apologize for getting drunk and making JStas puke on your lawn...

Hawkeye - Sorry for thinking your SN was because you looked a bit like Hawkeye from MASH

To everyone who's names/screen names I forgot several times over the course of the night and had no idea who I was talking to... sorry

Got the gear all back in the house (nowhere near where it belongs, but at least it's in the house), and am currently rocking the house with the new Onky I bought from George and my SDA's, and boy does it sound sweet!

Shame on you for making John get drunk!! I've never seen somebody suggest one toss it up and someone respond that quickly Noah!

Don't worry about the Hawkeye thing. I would n't mind having Alan Alda's money!! You were having a good time and that's what it's all about. No harm done:D:D

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited October 2010
    So how did the new LSI's sound?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2010
    I'm delighted that everyone had such a good time & raised so much money for GG!!! WTG.

More pics ASAP please!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Hawkeye
    edited October 2010
    Cathy, I don't know you well but, you could have safely come to this PF. This was my first and now knowing what went on, I was concerned it would be a drunken brawl. It was not, and I would have felt comfortable letting my wife or daughters attend if they choose this hobby.

I think these are moral and just men which was quite refreshing to me. In spite of all the comments made prior to PF!!

Gordon
    2 Channel -