2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

Options

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm inching my way there, stopping off in Harpers Ferry WVa for a while before back on the road. I want to make sure Jersey dries out a little before I get there!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you could take the time to shave the appropriate body parts.........

the grand procrasinator crawled out from the crypt a while ago, he decided to put a few extra nice touches on some amp stands he re-did for me, then headed for the throne and his ritual head hair job.....its all good.

see you guys soon.

RT1
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited October 2010
    Options
    We just had lunch with Carl in Pittsburgh. We're having to turn up the tunes so we don't have to listen to his screams from the trunk ;-)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »
    Are you bringing carl? voluntarily? If not, Use of duct tape will be authorized.
    dkg999 wrote: »
    We just had lunch with Carl in Pittsburgh. We're having to turn up the tunes so we don't have to listen to his screams from the trunk ;-)

Can someone please call the PA State Police!! I am in the trunk of 1 gray VW Jetta traveling East on the PA Turnpike.:eek: I was kidnapped by three very scary men!

It was great to have lunch with you guys! I have to warn you that Tortilla soup you had for lunch will give you the flaming squirts in about 4 hours. That Jetta is going to have a distinct "aroma" by they time you hit Jersey.

George Grand, Ricardo has a check for the Githens Center that I gave him to hand over to you. Just remind his drunk **** if he forgets. God Bless!

Have a great time every one!:)
    Carl

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have my favorite **** warmer on.......

just thought I'd share

RT1

Momma got back into her micro knitting again, huh? I always did marvel how she got those tiny little stitches so perfect...;)
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I may not make it up there until tomorrow - that new LSiM sure looks sweet!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm so excited I've had a woody going all day. Ted will those **** warmers cause impotence or sterility?
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    8 acoustic panels loaded up in the Car. Have two more but they won't fit. Maybe I'll bring em tomorrow.

8acousticpanelsgoingtoloushouse!.jpg

Sal, that should help with the Bjork on the way up.:rolleyes::D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    New Polks getting hooked up :)

pf2010-001.jpg

Can't wait to hear those.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • dkg999
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hey freaks, H9 here on Dougs computer. We just arrived at the Holiday Inn, Totowa. Long **** drive for me Ricardo and Doug. See you soon!

Brock
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hey Brock/Doug. I got the room right below yours. What's that noise? It seems the bed is jumping like crazy!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dkg999
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Hey Brock/Doug. I got the room right below yours. What's that noise? It seems the bed is jumping like crazy!!!!

Wanna come on up?

H9
    DKG999

• Ricardo
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not really. The girls are already here, so I'll just have some fun without you guys.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Damn, I forgot to open the trunk to let Carl out. Hope he didn't pee in there...

SOPA
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Damn, I forgot to open the trunk to let Carl out. Hope he didn't pee in there...

Open the effin' trunk already! I wanna roll with Brock and Dougie!:eek:
    Carl

• MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I want to hear that little K12 S5 amp and the KLH 17?
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Overheard Jstas and Lightman talking outside about brown sugar on the rear or something like that. I didn't hang around to find out any details.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Aaaah, man.... I can't wait to get there.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited October 2010
    Options
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    Overheard Jstas and Lightman talking outside about brown sugar on the rear or something like that. I didn't hang around to find out any details.
    nadams wrote: »
    Aaaah, man.... I can't wait to get there.

Talk about bad timing. :D
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Do you guys have stands for bookies?

I have a pair of 24" stands I could through in the back of my truck and bring up.

I need to know by 7am ish. No amish jokes.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Do you guys have stands for bookies?

I have a pair of 24" stands I could through in the back of my truck and bring up.

I need to know by 7am ish. No amish jokes.

we're cool with stands. I got a set in the bookie room and Phil's bringing his own for his AAD monitors
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MillerLiteScott
    edited October 2010
    Options
    North bound and down.
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't forget the crab dip....

SOPA
  • dkg999
    edited October 2010
    Options
    DKG999

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,080
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I 2nd the crab dip!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wish y'all a GREAT weekend! I'm jealous! :)
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Been up since 5, but you guys were probably going to bed then. :D

See you guys in a few hours.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye Posts: 1,313
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Got here about 6 last night. I programmed my GPS wrong and drove through every little hamlet and town in NJ:mad: Anyway spent about 3 hours at PF and enjoyed meeting everybody. Looking forward to the rest of today!!

I'm glad I'm on the 5th (top)floor of the Holiday Inn. Lots of weird noises coming from the other floors while using the elevator.

Gordon
    2 Channel -
    Martin Logan Spire, 2 JL Audio F112 subs
    McIntosh C1000 Controller with Tube pre amp, 2 MC501 amplifiers, MD1K Transport & DAC, MR-88 Tuner
    WireWorld Eclipse 6.0 speaker wire and jumpers, Eclipse 5^2 Squared Balanced IC's. Silver Eclipse PCs (5)
    Symposium Rollerblocks 2+ (16)Black Diamond Racing Mk 3 pits (8)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2010
    Options
    night 1 is in the hole, my house still appears to be structurally sound......so far, so good :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It was a good night one. Looking forward to todays festivities.

Ghetto rock!