2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

Comments

• wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited July 2009
    potee wrote: »
    Use the phone call McCord see whats happening it could work out. depends how bad you want to go versus amount of effort. In any case good luck.

PFT, CMSGT, USAF Ret.

Good point Chief, I may have to see what I can work out. It sure would be a fun time.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited July 2009
    I'd really like to go as well but I'll be in Ms. for two weeks in Nov. It would be nice to meet even more of the Polk family and to meet a fellow Crew Chief with the same interest would be great.

potee
  • wutadumsn23
    edited July 2009
    potee wrote: »
    I'd really like to go as well but I'll be in Ms. for two weeks in Nov. It would be nice to meet even more of the Polk family and to meet a fellow Crew Chief with the same interest would be great.

potee

Small world huh? It is the week before my wife's B-day, so I'll really have to kiss some butt to go, but we'll see.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2009
    come on wuta, a polkfest visit is a great way dive right out of the kiddie pool.;)

RT1
  • wutadumsn23
    edited July 2009
    come on wuta, a polkfest visit is a great way dive right out of the kiddie pool.;)

RT1

LOL RT1, yeah I guess I have been in the kiddie pool long enough huh? :D
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited July 2009
    For those going to Polkfest...saw these on craigslist

http://charleston.craigslist.org/ele/1285754897.html
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2009
    I hope you guys are getting as pumped about this as I am....

I've got a few spare livers on order.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited August 2009
    I might attend... if if if if there will be subwoofers or some powerful **** bass speakers to demo.

if anyone from tampa wanna split gas money to go pf... let me know
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • G37s
    G37s Posts: 6
    edited August 2009
    wow that really sucks. I just moved from there to Indiana :( I lived off Dorchester rd near Summerville.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2009
    In Wescott? I live in the subdivision behind the Publix at Ashley Phosphate / Dorchester.

You missed two previous PF's here...2004/2006.

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited August 2009
    I might attend... if if if if there will be subwoofers or some powerful **** bass speakers to demo.

Doubt that there will be any subwoofers here....the lineup is TBD. Will probably revolve around the Quad 988's (which will NOT play at aurally traumatizing levels) and the SDA 2.3tl's.

Again, this is primarily a SOCIAL event. There will be gear and there will be listening. There probably won't be much gear swapping.....I haven't talked with anyone from Polk about what, if anything, they are bringing to the party. Historically, it hasn't been about demoing new gear. Back in 2004, we gave away an XM tuna and we demo'd Polk Pauls rebuilt CRS's.....in 2006, we demoed the iSonic (one was raffled off to benefit the Githen's center)

The point being, if you are coming to hear the latest and greatest from Polk....it's probably not going to happen. If you are wanting to listen to some tunes, hang out with some of the coolest people on the planet and tell lies about women and audio, eat like a king and drink like a fish...that's what my Polkfests are about.

BDT
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2009
    Who cares about the speakers/gear. You could even place them in storage to fit more beer in the house.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • TroyD
    edited August 2009
    Ed Zachary
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2009
    I just started a second job, would be alright if I set up my ShamWOW booth in the garage during the Polkfest?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited August 2009

I'll bring ya a sub, buddy. no worries.;)
  • lightman1
    edited August 2009
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    I just started a second job, would be alright if I set up my ShamWOW booth in the garage during the Polkfest?
    Put me down for two, Russ. Bad check OK?
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2009
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    i just started a second job, would be alright if i set up my shamwow booth in the garage during the polkfest?

lmao!!!
  • lightman1
    edited August 2009
    Hey Joe! I'll drive up to NJ and pick you up for this gathering. I drop-ship door to door.
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Hey Joe! I'll drive up to NJ and pick you up for this gathering. I drop-ship door to door.

Go right ahead, I'll still be in Delaware.:D;)
  • lightman1
    edited August 2009
    Delaware.. New Jersey... Rhode Island... What's the difference? Once I get above Maryland it all looks the same to me.....
    Get yer **** in the car! And no back seat drivin' allowed!
    Dig it?
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the offer Russ but I'm going down with Jesse.
  • lightman1
    edited August 2009
    UHH OHHH! Jesse will cuss me out. Seems I have to mow the lawn that weekend.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2009
    hoosier21 wrote:

Watching Russ do a ShamWOW demonstration after about 20 beers (that's only during the first hour or so) will be worth the trip to Charleston all by itself. It will be even better if there is fire or electricity involved. :D
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2009
    Speaking of demonstrations....Is flexible Anna still around?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • lightman1
    edited August 2009
    shack wrote: »
    Watching Russ do a ShamWOW demonstration after about 20 beers (that's only during the first hour or so) will be worth the trip to Charleston all by itself. It will be even better if there is fire or electicity involved. :D
    I've got the electricity part covered.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2009
    TroyD wrote: »
    Again, this is primarily a SOCIAL event. There will be gear and there will be listening. There probably won't be much gear swapping.....I haven't talked with anyone from Polk about what, if anything, they are bringing to the party. Historically, it hasn't been about demoing new gear. Back in 2004, we gave away an XM tuna and we demo'd Polk Pauls rebuilt CRS's.....in 2006, we demoed the iSonic (one was raffled off to benefit the Githen's center)

You mean I won't be eligible for deep, absolutely CRAZY discounts on buying gear during the Fest!?! Pffft, forget it I'm not attending. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    edited August 2009
    F1nut wrote: »
    You mean I won't be eligible for deep, absolutely CRAZY discounts on buying gear during the Fest!?! Pffft, forget it I'm not attending. :D
    Sucks a big one...don't it? Come on down Jesse and wow us us with your knowledge.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2009
    He'll wow you with his hairdo.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • lightman1
    edited August 2009
    I've seen it in person. Spectacular!
  • TroyD
    edited August 2009
    Yes she is...

BDT