2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

Options

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hey gang, really.....trying to get more folks on board. PF is a GREAT time!

We'll have a great time, regardless, but the more the merrier!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Two more weeks. I'm excited to get the hell out of Dodge for a bit and blow off some steam.

Never been to one except for the first day of last year's 'Fest, is there anything I can bring Troy?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • TroyD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Nah, just be ready to throw down!

BDT
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm still alive and heading down.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Cool
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What's the latest?

And who is going?

Jesse, Ben and I are finalizing all of our travel details. It should be a fun drive in the Orbitz hovercraft.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Let's see- music, food, general drunken depravity...what's not to like? I don't see G. Grand in this thread.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think there may be some legal, extradition-type issues there.

BDT
  • tentoze
    tentoze Posts: 133
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I hear those ankle bracelets are a real pain.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2009
    Options
    good news, I'm feeling more than good enough to go...even with the long drive.

bad news, my antibiotic IV run got extended another week......hoping they yank me off it and get this picc line out of my arm before polkfest. as much as i want to go, i am not enthused about dealing with administering IV to myself 3 x a day on the road.

put me in the tentative camp, I'll just find a hotel room when I get down there if i can go(didnt book yet)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I'm out.

if I go, I can swing and pick you up thurday evening if you are interested. I'm crashing at Dave's (fireman32) in North Carolina for a few hours before heading to Troy's with Dave. let me know
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I can't handle the drive mentally, with or without company but thanks....you two will end up dead and buried at a rest area.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lou i hope you make it down Bro.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I'm out.

so,,,,,,,,you got kicked by Heidi Klum for your terrible fashion.

yea RT1 is a closet Project Runway fan, the models are hot and Timm Guinn is a cutie pa-tuttie.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm going....Al forced my hand and I'll be arriving with him and Patrick. Someone has to ensure Patrick gets indoctrinated correctly since you losers can't be trusted.

While I'm sure less care about me, there is another special guest that's hinted about attending....you old timers will appreciate it more than the newbies. He hasn't commited yet so it'll be my little secret until the event.

If you haven't attended Polkfest, you should and if you live or are somewhat nearby YOU BETTER. It's an awesome event, filled with audio, food, wine, women and song...you may even get laid but I doubt it. Either way, get off your **** and attend freaks.

Don't worry about room and board, that can be last minute....just work out the transportation, NOW!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    I'm going....Al forced my hand and I'll be arriving with him and Patrick. Someone has to ensure Patrick gets indoctrinated correctly since you losers can't be trusted.

While I'm sure less care about me, there is another special guest that's hinted about attending....you old timers will appreciate it more than the newbies. He hasn't commited yet so it'll be my little secret until the event.

If you haven't attended Polkfest, you should and if you live or are somewhat nearby YOU BETTER. It's an awesome event, filled with audio, food, wine, women and song...you may even get laid but I doubt it. Either way, get off your **** and attend freaks.

Don't worry about room and board, that can be last minute....just work out the transportation, NOW!

OK...now I've made up my mind for sure....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So what's the actual body count, I mean head count? We need to get a roster going. No maybe's, no I'm gonna try...only people that are actually going to attend. You're either in, or out...although I guess that can change :) It's time to confirm so Polk can get organized as well.

POLKFEST ROSTER:

TroyD
    dorokusai
    F1Nut
    George Daniel +1
    Jerryj12 +1
    Miller Lite Scott
    Strider
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Is Polk Fest an even put on by Polk?
    shack wrote: »

No...just people from this forum.

BUT the only event that Polk actively supports and employees actually attend.

The past attendees are Al Ballard, Stu Lumsden, Ken Swauger, Matt Polk, Mark Susskind, Monica Robles, Hedy Klopfer....all heavy hitters at Polk and/or the most loveable.

This year it'll be Patrick Chobrak(Web Pimp and Polk IT) and Al Ballard(VP of Marketing).
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm out.. but then again I was never in. have a great time people.

anyone within 1000 miles should seriously think about attending this PolkFest. fun times.. and always some thing unexpected happens. well worth your time to attend.

*take lots of pics if you do. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I was gonna say Al, you were in at one time. We could have car pooled, lol.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm in,, wife is in,, Jerryj12 is in,,wife is in,,lemme' see,, yep,, thats 4,,should be there Friday afternoon.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • TroyD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Mark's coming?

<<note to self...double up on the Jim Beam at the liquor store>>

BDT
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hope you all have a great time...as for me..looks like it'll have to wait till 2010...out of commission until then. In fact I'm giving a Lecture in Beijing on the 6th of November...unfortunately my private jet is not with me!

I've seen pics of previous Polk Fests so I 'know what you did this summer...I mean fall'!

Regards to you'll! From speaker fabrication country...the PRC! I'm where the equipment is born..more or less. Plan a trip to Shenzhen during winter break!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am about 90% right now. I would hate to miss it. Troy and TLW are great hosts.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You better be more like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    POLKFEST ROSTER:

TroyD
    dorokusai
    F1Nut
    George Daniel +1
    Jerryj12 +1
    Miller Lite Scott
    Strider
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmmm....

Missing a few ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's why I said speak up...I'm not sorting 6 pages of ummmm....gonna try....maybe....really want to....blah blah.

Plus it needs to be accurate....so post that your in, or you won't get counted and won't get your Polk stickers and chocolate milk.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2009
    Options
    in maybe +1
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    POLKFEST ROSTER:

TroyD
    dorokusai
    F1Nut
    George Daniel +1
    Jerryj12 +1
    Miller Lite Scott
    Strider
    Hoosier21