2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

Options

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm out.

Once again, on Nov 7 the worst thunderstorm ever will take place in Charleston, SC.

Polkfest should be moved one week earlier/later.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am definitively NOT going.

There, that should help boost attendance numbers.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There are some NC folks that should consider getting in on the act....

Also, someone needs to round up John Strong and get his arse in gear too...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm planning to be there.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    I am definitively NOT going.

There, that should help boost attendance numbers.

Oh PSHHHH... don't put yourself down.

I've often found that some of the most repulsive forum members turn out to be great people in real life. And you're even far from the worst i've seen. ;)

I DID lol though. Hard.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What the hell is a Chobrak??, sounds like a Wookie relative, anyway I am sure we can make it howl some.

I sent Al some special gov secret sauce to inject in you Doro, apparently you folded easily or you just liked being handcuffed.........

going to be great to see everyone of you guys.

btw DJ7 is in as well and we have not lost any weight.

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2009
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Count me in, Anna doing Yoga and the thought of the miniskirt I can't get the smirk off my face :):D

Been in since this post asking before. :rolleyes:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I'm out.

Once again, on Nov 7 the worst thunderstorm ever will take place in Charleston, SC.

It's OK, we have received a Ricardo blow up Doll and will be doing all sorts of things with it, looks just like you.

RT1
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    POLKFEST ROSTER:

TroyD
    dorokusai
    F1Nut
    George Daniel +1
    Jerryj12 +1
    Miller Lite Scott
    Strider
    Hoosier21

Me, Trey(?) and maybe Baby-Mama.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm not posting maybe's and ? members, they're on their own.

POLKFEST ROSTER:

TroyD
    dorokusai
    F1Nut
    George Daniel +1
    Jerryj12 +1
    Miller Lite Scott
    Strider
    Hoosier21
    DisneyJoe7
    Reeltrouble1
    Shack
    Lightman1
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2009
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Been in since this post asking before. :rolleyes:

If you read my earlier reply, I wasn't about to go hunting for you or anyone else. I guess you're coming and you can stick those emoticons back in your crack pipe.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ...ah, it's begining to feel like PF around here.

BDT
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It's OK, we have received a Ricardo blow up Doll and will be doing all sorts of things with it, looks just like you.

RT1

Please don't insert any hot tubes in any of the orifices.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • TroyD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Man, we've got some GOOD shiite lined up.....I was going over the pics from the previous Carolina PF's.....man, GOOD times. This year will be even better. I'm telling you, an event NOT to be missed. For the old heads, got a couple of surprises lined up for you.

Man, I'm getting pumped. It's been a LOOOOONG time since I've thrown a bash. Got to blow some carbon off the valves here.

(George, I see you down there....TLW is hoping you make the trip)

BDT
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I need to see if I can get off for work - if I can - I will be there.

But my chances are kind of low with two new guys floating around the store :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • lightman1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I need to see if I can get off for work - if I can - I will be there.

But my chances are kind of low with two new guys floating around the store :)
    Trey...I will kidnap and drag you down to the PF.
    You can't hide from me.....
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Man, I was sooo looking forward to going this year--but my kid recently joined cub scouts and turns out his first camping trip is the same w/e (WTF!!!). Well, we're going to do a test camp night out in the yard and will see if the camping trip will still happen at all.

Holy crap, I was originally planning to drive down, but I just looked it up on Google Maps--That would be a 10 hour drive :eek::(--I guess I'd have to fly for that. Hmmm

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • lightman1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    Man, I was sooo looking forward to going this year--but my kid recently joined cub scouts and turns out his first camping trip is the same w/e (WTF!!!). Well, we're going to do a test camp night out in the yard and will see if the camping trip will still happen at all.

Holy crap, I was originally planning to drive down, but I just looked it up on Google Maps--That would be a 10 hour drive :eek::(--I guess I'd have to fly for that. Hmmm
    I'll drive up and kidnap you, too.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited October 2009
    Options
    mmadden28 wrote: »

It's an easy drive down 95.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Long shot.... Jesse.. May I bunk with you? I'll go half on the room buddy!;)
  • mmadden28
    edited October 2009
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Maybe---I have trouble with a drive to DC though. I usually get plenty of sleep though :eek: (even though I'm the driver)

Hmmm, maybe a train ride though...

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    madden, I swiped one of those bottles you pee in last time I was in the hospital, I can Karma it to you for the drive, these events are awesome and lets you on why the Club is so different from other purely internet sites about audio.

where the hell are the losers from the chicago gang!!!!!!!! no represent....PITIFULL

RT1
  • mmadden28
    edited October 2009
    Options
    madden, I swiped one of those bottles you pee in last time I was in the hospital, I can Karma it to you for the drive,...

RT1

Thanks!

My problem is keeping my eyes open--now if you have a few toothpicks...

• reeltrouble1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    might take something a bit stronger???? lemme check the magic cabinet and see what I got.....

RT1
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited October 2009
    Options
    it's looking good boys, Dr just told me to finidh the antibiotic for today and tomorrow, and he is yanking my Picc Line Saturday morning.

Dave, see ya at your house Thursday night. and I'm in for Polkfest
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hey, wanna swing up to Brooklyn and pick up a pair of AR90's for me?? (j/k)

Man, I'm getting pumped up for this!!

BDT
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2009
    Options
    excellente....I got you for sure for this years belly buck big boy......yea, I know you lost weight, bought new clothes, mama's winking at you again, that ain't going to matter a bit once I get a BDT fatburger and Tater Salad anywhere close to your choppers.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    it's looking good boys, Dr just told me to finidh the antibiotic for today and tomorrow, and he is yanking my Picc Line Saturday morning.

Cool. Are you bringing the Cube?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ohskigod wrote: »

Thats the best news I heard all day. Troy count me and Lou in for the fest.
  • mmadden28
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You've got to be kidding, all the fricken luck---I was just asked at work if I could do a job in Charleston (starting the 9th-so fly down the 8th)--man if I could only go---they would be paying for the plane ticket and all. I am only ever asked to do this stuff when things won't work out for me. dam dam dam.