2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

Options

Comments

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited October 2009
    Options
    aw, just realized this is the same weekend as the Marathon I signed up for. Maybe next time.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Run there and beat the crowd. They have nothing on a Polkfest.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Eh, you can go running anytime. PF only happens once a year and there's no guarantee that there will be a next time..
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited October 2009
    Options
    We're getting close folks. Have people booked a room and if so, where?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2009
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Good question. Is the list of hotels in the PF '06 thread still good?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Looking like Holiday Inn Exp for me.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2009
    Options
    F1nut wrote:

Can we not just pass out in the living room like we did last time...:confused:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i'm not making it... Doing a trip to Kentucky over Thanksgiving that's burning my last two vacation days.

Take lots of pics, guys! Especially of the yoga!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • strider
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Patrick C wrote: »
    That was my plan...since i am the newb and all ;)

Make sure you take your shoes off before you pass out.

Trust me.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2009
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    Make sure you take your shoes off before you pass out.

Trust me.

There's something between the lines here, and I'm not sure I what to know. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Patrick C wrote: »
    That was my plan...since i am the newb and all ;)

If you don't return home scared....it wasn't a Polkfest.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2009
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    Can we not just pass out in the living room like we did last time...:confused:

Yeah, BDT said that's not going to be a problem. :D

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I just let 'em sleep where they fall...my only requirement is that you clean up an bodily fluids that may be discharged.

'aight, gang....just a few weeks out, I'm highly motivated....lemme know if you are in or out!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm in.

President of Club Polk

• shack
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It may be a last minute decision...but for now I'm in. (however, it may be Sat. evening before I get there...)

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Unless I win the lottery to bribe my wife with a huge diamond and a Caribbean cruise, I will not make it. Bummer.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm in.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shack
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ricardo wrote:
    Unless I win the lottery to bribe my wife with a huge diamond and a Caribbean cruise, I will not make it. Bummer.

My wife and I just got back from a Caribbean cruise...and she buys her own jewelry...so I'm covered. ;)

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm in
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm out......I have a trip to TX on Sunday the 8th that has me going to Houston, and flipping the flights at this point would be not acceptable.........

The only thing I could do possibly would be a flight out there on Friday (get there mid evening) then leave as early as possible....

Lots of traveling for such a short visit...........Y'all have fun though.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • strider
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm in.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • F1nut
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Come on folks, who else is in?!?

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm out.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2009
    Options
    BDT's bushes are grateful, I'm sure.

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited October 2009
    Options
    And the toilet, couch, refrigerator, his bedroom when I had to take a nap because I was way too drunk at 1 in the afternoon....yeah, better off without me.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2009
    Options
    his bedroom when I had to take a nap because I was way too drunk at 1 in the afternoon....

LOL....yeah, I remember finding you curled up on the floor next to BDT's bed. You did not look well.

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am planning on making it I will know better by the end of this week.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wish I could make it but not in the books this year. Have fun folks.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2009
    Options
    In like Flynn.....ask TLW if she found my checkbook would ya.........I'm going to bring some of those fancy photgraphy lights and stuff.......do a full feature Yoga spread for FA this time...oh yea....can I bring a couple of small fireworks.......well, smaller than a bomb you drop from an airplane anyway, they dont fly they just go boom so the neighbors roof is OK, I think.............Got Rum, I Got some Random Thoughts for you, too bad the local hussies are going to miss out on Doro's three appendage pick-up line..........man guys the stories I could tell about my times at BDT, if you find any tobacco stained pillow cases they are what remains of George Grand and his damm Lucky's.

See everyone soon.....get to the Fest it's a hell of a weekend never forgotten.

RT1
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Man, I'm just so pumped about this, I can't even tell you....

For those of you on the fence.....c'mon down!!

Even a possibility that 'Polk' Paul may make the trip!!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut