2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited December 2009 in Gatherings & Special Events
OK, here is the event you've been waiting for (unless I've been fired and haven't read it yet!)

Ok, the dates are the first weekend in November....the usual deal, early bird social Friday night....Saturday festivus and get the hell out of dodge on Sunday.

I hope the dates are workable for everyone, September/October are busy for me...I did my best to accomodate everyone (myself included).

The location is going to be Charleston...after weighing everything out, it just seemed to be the easier thing to do.

Okay...so the planning begins!!!

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited July 2009
    Troy

Love the date. November will still be warm in Charleston with less humidity. I will be making this trip.

TIA
    Jim
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2009
    right on
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited July 2009
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    right on

Finally something to bring you out of the woodwork. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited July 2009
    Ok, and just so we are all on the same page....those that attended the previous Carolina PF's, it's going to be along the same lines.

I'm going to bring the Quad rig down and set it up in the Shane Mann Memorial Auditorium...the 2.3tl's will be in the living room along with whatever else we can come up with.

For those that haven't come to one of my PFs....if you are looking for a primarily audiophile-centric gathering...well, you might be disappointed. Sure, we'll have gear to hear and a couple of decent rigs....but, if you are looking for a Transparent/MIT compare/contrast session, eh, probably not.

If, on the other hand, you are looking to hang out with some of the coolest folks on the planet and enjoy a Gosling's on ice, cold beer and the requisite tug on the handle of Beam...you will NOT be disappointed.

Also, the Jesus Head WILL be on display.

BDT
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2009
    That is a tough date for me...but I will do everything I can to make it.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited July 2009
    FAAK man....what can I do to sweeten the deal for ya?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited July 2009
    Insky! I'm PF Ho' Ya Know!

Good to hear from you, Russ(hoosier)! Thought you'd found a better hobby or somethin'.:rolleyes:
  • shack
    edited July 2009
    TroyD wrote:
    FAAK man....what can I do to sweeten the deal for ya?

Convince my wife that Nov. 7 isn't her birthday. It may be one of those...take her out dinner then hit the road for an all night drive to SC.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited July 2009
    That's easy, book a room at, say, the Vendue Inn....take her to the Oak Steakhouse, hand her your credit card and drop her off on the corner of King/Calhoun and come on up.....OR convince her to come along, I mean, TLW would LOVE to have some female company.

BDT
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2009
    My wife and I'll we be there.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • shack
    edited July 2009
    TroyD wrote:
    That's easy, book a room at, say, the Vendue Inn....take her to the Oak Steakhouse, hand her your credit card and drop her off on the corner of King/Calhoun and come on up.....OR convince her to come along, I mean, TLW would LOVE to have some female company.

BDT

That's a thought...She really likes Charleston.

On the other hand...what happens at Polkfest...stays at Polkfest.

One way or the other...I plan on making the festivities. Maybe I hit the road EARLY Sat morning. I could easily be there by noon.

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited July 2009
    Cool Troy. I will be there.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2009
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Wow that's gonna be really tough, I'm susposed to be flying to Italy on November 10th

George are you hitting the whiskey again?

Nope I just saw that,, my keyboarding skills obiously need some work
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2009
    Hummmmm.... Lets see. A 12 hour drive, cost of rental car (not driving the truck that far), cost of fuel, cost of hotel for 2 nights, cost of food and booze... But I'd only have to take one vacation day, if I drove down during the day Friday, and left first thing Sunday.

Anyone along the I-95 that needs a lift down who wouldn't mind splitting some costs? I'm still in the "thinking about it" stage... but I'd really need some help with the transportation costs if at all possible. I know there's plenty of Polkies along I-95, and maybe, just maybe, some of them want a ride :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • lightman1
    edited July 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    Hummmmm.... Lets see. A 12 hour drive, cost of rental car (not driving the truck that far), cost of fuel, cost of hotel for 2 nights, cost of food and booze... But I'd only have to take one vacation day, if I drove down during the day Friday, and left first thing Sunday.

Anyone along the I-95 that needs a lift down who wouldn't mind splitting some costs? I'm still in the "thinking about it" stage... but I'd really need some help with the transportation costs if at all possible. I know there's plenty of Polkies along I-95, and maybe, just maybe, some of them want a ride :)
    I drove to your house from my house.....HMMMMM?
  • lightman1
    edited July 2009
    In ..still...Thanks Troy
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited July 2009
    Man this would be a blast. It would also be a chance for me to meet some of you guys that have helped me so much in my limited time of being a member here. Sucks it is is all the way on the East Coast, not much of a chance of me making it, but who knows stranger things have happened I guess, lol.
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited July 2009
    Man this would be a blast. It would also be a chance for me to meet some of you guys that have helped me so much in my limited time of being a member here. Sucks it is is all the way on the East Coast, not much of a chance of me making it, but who knows stranger things have happened I guess, lol.

Sure as hell you can get a hop with a few days leave. You guys must have birds going to SC. all the time. Go to ops and do alittle checking.

potee
  • TroyD
    edited July 2009
    A hop? This isn't exactly Delta....and I'm a 2T2 transporter and can tell you that a hop from Fairchild to Charleston? Not likely. McChord, OCCAISIONALLY.....

BDT, MSgt, USAF (1 ea)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2009
    Now that is funny.
    Sounds like it is shaping up for another good time Troy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited July 2009
    potee wrote: »
    Sure as hell you can get a hop with a few days leave. You guys must have birds going to SC. all the time. Go to ops and do alittle checking.

potee

TroyD wrote: »
    A hop? This isn't exactly Delta....and I'm a 2T2 transporter and can tell you that a hop from Fairchild to Charleston? Not likely. McChord, OCCAISIONALLY.....

BDT, MSgt, USAF (1 ea)

Yeah, flying from here to Chaleston would be about my only option, but Troy is exactly right. Flying Space-A out of here to Charleston, about 1,000,000 to 1, lol. If I was at McChord, I would have a better chance, seeing as how they have C-17's there, and would be more likely to go to Charelston, than a KC-135 from Fairchild. 2T2 huh? I am a Crew Chief on 135's here.

JME, SSgt, USAF (1 ea)
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • potee
    potee Posts: 610
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, flying from here to Chaleston would be about my only option, but Troy is exactly right. Flying Space-A out of here to Charleston, about 1,000,000 to 1, lol. If I was at McChord, I would have a better chance, seeing as how they have C-17's there, and would be more likely to go to Charelston, than a KC-135 from Fairchild. 2T2 huh? I am a Crew Chief on 135's here.

JME, SSgt, USAF (1 ea)

Use the phone call McCord see whats happening it could work out. depends how bad you want to go versus amount of effort. In any case good luck.

PFT, CMSGT, USAF Ret.
  • polkanddie
    polkanddie Posts: 224
    edited July 2009
    4 hour drive for me.... is there a certain post count in order to join the festivities?
    TV- Insignia 46'' LED,1080p,120hz
    Monster Power center hts3600 mk2
    Onkyo tx sr 503
    Rm6600 with 4 sanus stands
    SUB(DIY)
    Dayton HPSA500, JVC Arsenal dvc 2ohm 12" wired to 4ohms in 1.5 cu ft sealed box
    extras... RT10's.rti4s.atrium 5's.

"sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"-Tyler Durden
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited July 2009
    nadams wrote: »

I'm in Chapel Hill, NC which isn't much out of the way. I'll think about it...
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • F1nut
    edited July 2009
    polkanddie wrote: »
    4 hour drive for me.... is there a certain post count in order to join the festivities?

Nope, your post count doesn't matter. Being a dick does, so don't be a dick. :)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited July 2009
    2009 Polkfest - Nov 7/8..North Charleston SC

President of Club Polk

• kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited July 2009
    Oh man, gonna sit this one out as it's too far out of our way. Would like to see pics though posted up!
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited July 2009
    Yea but work+school+2 dogs lol...maybe next year when things are a bit more calm :D
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • slowpolky
    slowpolky Posts: 714
    edited July 2009
    Guys..... I think you should all buy me a plane ticket so I can come
  • slowpolky
    slowpolky Posts: 714
    edited July 2009