edited September 2010
    Options
    Hey, don't hate the playa...:p
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2010
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    I just booked at the Hampton Inn in Parsippany for $143 for both nights.

Well I ordered 30 lbs. of Sauseege, 10 of hot and 20 sweet, for you curmudgeons last nite... I'm going to pick up Jersey Fresh tomatoes,peppers and onions to feed the horde lunch on Saturday, and a bushel of the best sweet corn on the planet for you out-a-state infidels to sample, too....

Joe, if you cut yourself it's goin on the grill. I'm just warnin ya....

Hmmmm finger of Italian . . . a new delicacy!!:eek::D
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just FYI, I just booked at the Totowa Wayne Holiday Inn.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm in Fairfield.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2010
    Options
    thanks to the boys bringing bottles, that helps alot. prep went well today...... 2 channel is rarin to go in its new location )sprang for a dehumidifier as it seems the ribbons on the Carver were not initially happy with there new location. they're happy now though),

bookshelf rig is all set up and the room cleared out as best as possible.

Theater is all set too.

not figuring on the basement being used too much but with the number of people coming I put a dent in clearing up some room down there just in case.

Big shoutout to my boy Dave, as he was a huge help in getting me set for this. John will be pitching in tomorrow....I saved the AR9's just for him :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited September 2010
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I'm just throwing this out being somewhat of a PF noob since I've only attended one. I like beer but I can't/don't drink a lot of it. I assume there will be other spirits there, which is my preference. Do I need to bring some to contribute because I know how quickly this kind of stuff can add up?

H9

I'll be bringing a jug o'scotch. Nothing to fancy, but drinkable.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm at the Totowa Wayne Holiday Inn, same hotel as Ricardo. Brock has the other bed in the room, but we should have floor space if anyone wants to bring a sleeping bag/pad.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    I'll be bringing a jug o'scotch. Nothing to fancy, but drinkable.

sweet, just pm'd you my addy
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    All this work is not leaving you much energy to use the spellchecker.

Edit: yeah, Mark's response was way better than mine.

lets say my keyboard needs a SERIOUS cleaning!!! :o
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Have fun guys! I have attended two Polkfests and I know many of this year's guests. I was looking forward to meeting a few folks that I never met before. I will miss you guys. The Polkfest experience is one of the best events I've ever experienced. Great people, good food, plenty of music just lots of fun.

I will make a contribution to George for the Githens Center. I won't sweat the tax deduction George. I hope to see you soon.

George Daniel, take care of your mom. I hope to see you later this year.

Best regards to you all! Travel safe!!
    Carl

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Carl, we'll be around Pittsburgh Friday noonish. We might abduct you

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Patrick C wrote: »
    I am getting excited :)

Hott. ;)
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lou - Do you have an equipment list? We need a hardcore pre-amp and source.

Does anyone that's coming have a cool DAC? Contact me offline please.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Carl, we'll be around Pittsburgh Friday noonish. We might abduct you

LOL! I'm not hard to find, I live 1 mile from the turnpike. Do you want to meet for lunch? Exit 57 Pittsburgh, about 4 or 5 hours from your place. PM me, I'll give you a phone number.
    Carl

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Carl that would be cool to see you for lunch. Doug and I are riding with Ricardo so we have the manpower to kidnap you...............I'm just saying!!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Lou - Do you have an equipment list?

I asked that question a few days ago in the gear thread.......nothing.

Ricardo, tie Carl up and throw him in the trunk.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    PM sent Carl. Pack extra underwear for that lunch on Friday.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hello all -

I posted in the other thread that I will not be able to be at Polkfest. I was telling someone last night how disappointed I was because I really wanted to put some faces with the names. I was going to say, if anyone would like to pick it up, I can send some of my gear along for sampling. People have shown an interest in two particular items - The Sony SS-M7's (pretty rare and highly thought of - designed by a polk engineer), and the TAD Signature Tube preamp (I think there were only like 200 made or something like that). If you will be passing through Southern NJ and want to pick them up and drop them off afterwards, I'm willing to make the loan. Let me know, and have fun.

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Doug will be here in about 20 minutes and we are heading to Ricardo's and then to Polkfest 2010.............here we come!!!!

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bring me The Kraaken!
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Have fun guys! I have attended two Polkfests and I know many of this year's guests. I was looking forward to meeting a few folks that I never met before. I will miss you guys. The Polkfest experience is one of the best events I've ever experienced. Great people, good food, plenty of music just lots of fun.

I will make a contribution to George for the Githens Center. I won't sweat the tax deduction George. I hope to see you soon.

George Daniel, take care of your mom. I hope to see you later this year.

Best regards to you all! Travel safe!!

Oh man, I was looking forward to seeing you again my dear friendl!!! I'm going to miss you.:)
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited September 2010
    Options
    it's actually one day away....can't wait
    I will also have a friend coming on Sat. he enjoys music just as much...
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lou - What time can we show up on Saturday?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think 6AM is good showtime for Saturday. No Lou?
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    6 AM is the time I'm planning to go to sleep

SOPA
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Options

2 channel.

CI Audio passive Pre
    Carver 4.0 amp
    California Audio Sigma Dac
    Jolida CD player
    Carver Platinum Amazings / alternating with Teledyne AR9's

bookshelf rig

Anthem Pre 2l (yes, that one)
    Anthem Amp 1 (modded somehow, Russ has the details on that)
    California Audio CD Player
    Rogers LS6 monitors

Theater

Full Lsi setup
    Outlaw 990 pre/pro
    Carver tm45 amp
    Rotel rb980 amp
    Outlaw Mono (x2)
    Oppo BDP 80

other equipment coming

Carver Silver 9 amps
    Pearsall's bookshelves (AAD I think?)
    Odyssey Khartago
    Dodd ELP Tube Pre (and some variety of tubes)

I know there is more, I know at least one if not 2 people are bringing sources. Sal is bringing acoustic panels god love him, the bookshelf rig room is gonna need some love in that department.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2010
    Options
    After going over my finances and being quite honest with myself about what I'm able to do at this time, this just doesn't seem to be in the cards. I was given very generous offers behinds the scenes here at Polk, as well as from friends here at home who knew how excited I was about this. Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to accept them. I understand they were made with the best of intentions - and for that I'm truly humble.

I would just rather it be on my dime. And right now I don't have that "dime". Love you guys and please have a blast.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That plain and simply sucks Jason. Would've been great to see you again. Can you at least ship the lemurs??? :)

There will be other fests.

SOPA
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2010
    Options

In addition to what Lou posted, I am bringing:

Hafler DH-110 Pre
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Denon DCD-910 cdp
    Polk Audio R15's
    Polk RTi-A1's
    EPI M50's

None of this gear HAS to be used, I'm just bringing it along because it's all fairly small and easy to transport. One thing that would be nice for people to get their ears on is the RTi's, but if we don't have space/time, so be it.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2010
    Options
    After going over my finances and being quite honest with myself about what I'm able to do at this time, this just doesn't seem to be in the cards. I was given very generous offers behinds the scenes here at Polk, as well as from friends here at home who knew how excited I was about this. Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to accept them. I understand they were made with the best of intentions - and for that I'm truly humble.

I would just rather it be on my dime. And right now I don't have that "dime". Love you guys and please have a blast.

Jason you are a good man of outstanding character. Last years Polkfest I was offered the same behind the scense offers and couldn't bring myself to do it. Don't worry my friend there will be other PFs.

However if you find yourself and your family struggling for necessities don't let pride, ego, or good character let you and yours starve.