Options

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited September 2010
    Options
    nadams wrote: »
    NADAMS +1!!!!!

I'm bringing the two growlers of lager, no matter what JSTAS says. Lightman and I have a grudge match to settle. The last time we drank this beer, he passed out in my carport.

I have it on good authority that the variety of local microbrews that will be on hand for Polkfest is above reproach. So you bring your rot gut lager and there will be no beer for you! :p
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I gotta change my front brake pads by Friday...ugh.

The way you drive, that would be a damn good idea.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,121
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My truck -is- empty except a Pioneer Navigation system... that is built into the truck.

I keep no belongings in my truck - ever...

I guess I could remove the navigation system but thats kind of a pain in the ****...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have some Bjork I can bring as well.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited September 2010
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I have some Bjork I can bring as well.

This is going to be one long road trip! I'm loading up the CD player in the car with a 17 CD Grateful Dead box set!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    1/2 of an ounce of alcohol and I am drunk! No more stomach acid here. Complete absorption. But if I chase it down with 4oz of water and then take a leak I get sober instantly. It's lots of fun. I've done that 4 times one night with different types of alcohol

Seriously? That does sound like that could be a lot of fun. Especially if you want to challenge somebody to some kind of drinking contest :rolleyes:

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Now they are calling for scattered showers on Friday...UGH!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dkg999 wrote: »
    This is going to be one long road trip! I'm loading up the CD player in the car with a 17 CD Grateful Dead box set!

Doug, I'll save the Bjork specifically for Saturday night about midnight.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Who else is staying at the Holiday Inn?

Maybe a shuttle is possible as mentioned in the logistics thread?

Lou, there's going to be a LOT of cars coming your way....any parking tips????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good question Ricardo. I forgot to ask Doug where he booked our room. It would be nice many were at a few hotels logistically.
  • heiney9
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm just throwing this out being somewhat of a PF noob since I've only attended one. I like beer but I can't/don't drink a lot of it. I assume there will be other spirits there, which is my preference. Do I need to bring some to contribute because I know how quickly this kind of stuff can add up?

H9
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I just booked at the Hampton Inn in Parsippany for $143 for both nights.

Well I ordered 30 lbs. of Sauseege, 10 of hot and 20 sweet, for you curmudgeons last nite... I'm going to pick up Jersey Fresh tomatoes,peppers and onions to feed the horde lunch on Saturday, and a bushel of the best sweet corn on the planet for you out-a-state infidels to sample, too....

Joe, if you cut yourself it's goin on the grill. I'm just warnin ya....
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Who else is staying at the Holiday Inn?

Maybe a shuttle is possible as mentioned in the logistics thread?

Lou, there's going to be a LOT of cars coming your way....any parking tips????

That's a good question. Are we allowed to park on the neighbors lawn? ;)

j/k
    In all seriousness though (is that a word), perhaps car pooling from the hotels would be good planning where possible.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • amulford
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Brock, don't sweat it, if there's one thing we got in Joisey, it's liquor stores...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2010
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Now they are calling for scattered showers on Friday...UGH!
    Looks like some pretty nasty weather heading up the entire eastern seaboard Thurs. and Fri. If things work out, it looks like I might have 700+ miles of that stuff. Bummer!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dkg999 wrote: »
    And once again I get dropped from the list! I'm showing up anyway.

LOL, dude, I just cut and paste the last list, so I have no idea how you're name keeps popping off

adding it back........ :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Jstas
    Fireman32
    hearingimpared
    devani
    jimmydep
    cnh
    millerlightscott
    shack (is planning...lol)
    lightman1 (now it's a party)
    face
    pohlrbehr
    pearsall001
    F1Nut
    Nadams + 1
    Amulford + 1
    Ricardo
    Heiney (over even money chance)
    Reeltrouble (will come to laugh at my peasant audio gear )
    George Grand
    MMadden
    Zombieboy2000
    kab (now it's REALLY a party)
    Lasareath
    Hawkeye
    Patrick C
    Big Dawg
    Jdhdiggs
    ESavinom
    Hoosier21
    Dorokusai
    jonicont
    Millerlitescott
    dkg999
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2010
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The way you drive, that would be a damn good idea.

Excuse me Mario Andretti in a minivan.

Russman is not able to attend. KAB and PatrickC are riding with me.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Options
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    That's a good question. Are we allowed to park on the neighbors lawn? ;)

j/k
    In all seriousness though (is that a word), perhaps car pooling from the hotels would be good planning where possible.

neighbors lawn = fail, there is street parking though, use the front of my house and around the corner.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Ricardo
    edited September 2010
    Options

Russman is not able to attend.

That sucks.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    That sucks.

I know, he's my broham for these events.....we must honor him Ricardo.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Options
    as it stands, there will be 3 rigs. the theater in the living room, big 2 channel second floor, and bookshelf rig in my office.

also, we can set up another rig in front of the heater if the theater itself is not in demand. is other words, we got room, and things will be flexible. I have a back porch with an awning if it rains...will clear that out today.

can wedge a 4th rig in the basement, but it will be a basement. not clearing it out as much as I hoped as it is a bigger job than I thought.

seems moving gear up 2 flights of stairs takes some energy.

all is good though, the layou i planned nd ell into being laid out.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• dorokusai
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ohskigod wrote: »
    as it stands, there will be 3 rigs. the theater in the living room, big 2 channel second floor, and bookshelf rig in my office.

also, we can set up another rig in front of the heater if the theater itself is not in demand. is other words, we got room, and things will be flexible. I have a back porch with an awning if it rains...will clear that out today.

can wedge a 4th rig in the basement, but it will be a basement. not clearing it out as much as I hoped as it is a bigger job than I thought.

Are you drunk?
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2010
    Options

All this work is not leaving you much energy to use the spellchecker.

Edit: yeah, Mark's response was way better than mine.

SOPA
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2010
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I'm just throwing this out being somewhat of a PF noob since I've only attended one. I like beer but I can't/don't drink a lot of it. I assume there will be other spirits there, which is my preference. Do I need to bring some to contribute because I know how quickly this kind of stuff can add up?

H9

if you got a favorite, then bring it. hard stuff = hard to please everyone without bankrupting oneself. I will have Vodka, makers mark, Tequila, and some other stuff floating around which I assume will be drained. thats cool as I dont drink much anymore anyway so any alcohol I got here is fair game........ responsibly of course.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• dorokusai
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm getting ramped up and we're bringing goodies. Where can I snuggle with Ricardo?
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm getting ramped up and we're bringing goodies. Where can I snuggle with Ricardo?

Mark, I shaved my mustache. Hope you don't mind...

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if you got a favorite, then bring it. hard stuff = hard to please everyone without bankrupting oneself. I will have Vodka, makers mark, Tequila, and some other stuff floating around which I assume will be drained. thats cool as I dont drink much anymore anyway so any alcohol I got here is fair game........ responsibly of course.

I'll grab a handle of something. My favorites are anything but Gin. So I'm not picky, and as the night goes on I'll drink just about anything this side of rubbing alcohol.

Mark and Ricardo can share my sleeping bag if you like...............meaning I won't be in it. Make sure you clean up when you're done. I guess no mustache rides at PF this year. The stick on ones don't work at all.

H9
  • amulford
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ricardo, you need to shave your butt (just lettin ya know from his past preferences...)

That awful nice of you, Brock, but I think thermal purification will be needed to avoid biological putrefaction, if you know what I mean;)
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    amulford wrote: »
    Ricardo, you need to shave your butt (just lettin ya know from his past preferences...)

Yeah, yeah, shouldn't have started it. In the mean time, I'm having fun bending the crap out of a 60' subwoofer cable. It will still look very nice, but the wire will be cut in 1,000,000,000 places.

SOPA