Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2010
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    Alright fellas,
    I need a final count before Wednesday for our Chef so we can have the correct food. Right now I have 10 accounted for with names below. Please speak up if you were some how left off the list or would like to add yourself.

Jake
    KC
    AL
    Cameron
    Bill
    Ken
    Tony
    Geoff
    Russ
    Jeff

I will have a friend with me.. and he knows about the cost of the food... so add one more to that list. his name is Roger
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok. not to be a nosy Ned, but is anyone bringing a pre amp? tuner or turntable? just asking.... as said before. we don't want to end up with 8 amps and 6 CD players and no pre amp :eek: :p
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There are many Jeffs. I will be there, in for food. I will bring sda-2a and ears. If we need a preamp I can bring the Van Alstine T-5 or the TAD-150 sig. Jake will have his very nice integrated.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bikerboy wrote: »
    There are many Jeffs. I will be there, in for food. I will bring sda-2a and ears. If we need a preamp I can bring the Van Alstine T-5 or the TAD-150 sig. Jake will have his very nice integrated.

might not be a bad idea to bring one of your pre amps... just in case ;)
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited February 2010
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    ok. not to be a nosy Ned, but is anyone bringing a pre amp? tuner or turntable? just asking.... as said before. we don't want to end up with 8 amps and 6 CD players and no pre amp :eek: :p

I'll bring my Luminous Audio Axiom passive pre. It's unbalanced only. I will also have my Matrix mini-i DAC, which is balanced and unbalanced and can operate as a preamp.
    Jake will have his very nice integrated.

Good to know... :p I have that (Jungson JA88D(09)) and/or my Forte 1A that I can bring. I'd rather not bring both, but can if ya'll want me too. :)
  • danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jake, i don't think you need to bring both... just hoping for a good one that will work with the other gear..

sounds like there should be no shortage of gear ....

people should bring music they are familiar with or want to share with the group to listen to..
  • zingo
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm going to make a decision and put us down for 15 people worth of food for Sunday. At $5 each, that's $75 for food and drinks that we, the group will need to cover. Does that sound reasonable to everyone? I'm assuming everyone responsible enough not to leave me hanging...
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm going to make a decision and put us down for 15 people worth of food for Sunday. At $5 each, that's $75 for food and drinks that we, the group will need to cover. Does that sound reasonable to everyone? I'm assuming everyone responsible enough not to leave me hanging...

Should be fine, if we're short of 15 I'll kick in a few extra bones.

There hasn't been a lot of discussion about what speakers are going to be there. My gear is pretty mid-fi at best. I have LS50's and RTA8t's I could bring if anyone is interested in hearing them. Also have an SVS 25-31PC+. I just don't want to haul it all up if it will be redundant or un-needed.
  • danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Should be fine, if we're short of 15 I'll kick in a few extra bones.

There hasn't been a lot of discussion about what speakers are going to be there. My gear is pretty mid-fi at best. I have LS50's and RTA8t's I could bring if anyone is interested in hearing them. Also have an SVS 25-31PC+. I just don't want to haul it all up if it will be redundant or un-needed.

I know Geoff is bringing his SDA 2A's. other than that.. haven't heard to much about other speakers people are brining. I think though that Jeff from Spokane (wutadumsn23) is bringing the TSi500 towers that have been making the demo rounds. And I am bringing the PSW225i wireless subwoofer to hand over to Jeff.. that will be available for demo too.

I have never heard those and am quite interested in hearing them. they are decent sized towers with 4 mids and silk tweeter I think.

I could bring Monitor 7B's with peerless tweeters.. not that impressive sounding per se', but they image like a mo fo ;)
  • kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    edited February 2010
    Options

We got you covered Jake...:D

BTW: Don't we have 2 Geoff's, if I am not mistaken. Geoff, "Geoff727" from Des Moines and Geoff "Bikerboy" referenced below....or am I wrong? You only have one on your list.
    I know Geoff is bringing his SDA 2A's.....
  • kcoc321
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I could bring Monitor 7B's with peerless tweeters.. not that impressive sounding per se', but they image like a mo fo ;)

Definitely bring those. I will bring my Mon 7b's w/ the SL1000's to compare. Have you 'modded' then yet?

I thought I would make up a list of speakers I have and somebody can chime in if you want to hear them: ( I "Starred" the ones I was planning on bringing, so far)
    **Mon 7b's w/ SL1000, un-modded, mostly (Mortite, lil dampening)
    Mon 7c's w/ SL2000, unmodded
    Mon 10b's w/ SL1000, unmodded, but I think I got some of the 'good' SL1000's cuz they are soundin sweeet.
    Mon 5jr w/ SL2000's, unmodded, & they are the early one without the PR's
    RTA-8TL's, unmodded.
    VS-25's, un-modded except Mortite & lil dampin
    CSi5, unmodded
    **RT55i's, unmodded, mostly, except Mortite & (lil dampin in one for comparision)
    ??? who know what else I might have..Sunday is a looong way aways.. LOL
  • bikerboy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danger boy

Just to clear up things, I'm a Jeff and I can bring the sda-2a if needed.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • kcoc321
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Quote:
    Way too many Jeff's...LOL
    Ok, but are you "Jeff" or as noted above "Geoff" ???:confused:
    Plus Geoff727 and Jeff-W23

And yes, pleeeze bring the SDA-2a, and that sexy looking DAC thingie. :D
  • danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Quote:

Sorry Jeff.. i got you mixed up with the other person.

I can bring the Mon 7B's. and the crossovers have been updated.
  • bikerboy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Jeff. I will bring a few things:
    SDA-2a
    TPA Buffalo24 Dac
    Shigaclone transport
    Esoteric P-10 transport
    Virtual Dynamics David rca and digital IC
    DH Labs Silver Sonic Digital IC
    Various VH Audio PCs

Everything I have uses single-ended connections but the Dac has one BNC input.
    Zingo will have the amps covered?

I will bring a B&K ST-202 amp and a Superphon Basic preamp that I would like to sell if there is interest. See you all soon.
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My name is NOT Jeff or Geoff. Can I still come?

Some items I can bring:
    Carver CT-28v pre
    Carver MV-5 cdp
    Adcom gfa-535L to confirm it as my problem child
    Monitor 5 and/or 7 (both Peerless)
    Yamaha R-V1105 if we need an avr
    Sony ST-SE200 (cheap digital tuner)
    Vintage Pioneer receiver maybe
    RT600i
    AQ Sidewinders
    Signal Ultra speaker cables
  • danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    that's a lot of gear guys... bring whatever moves you and you like or will impress the crowd.
  • zingo
    edited February 2010
    Options
    that's a lot of gear guys...

Remember guys, there will be 15 of us and only 800sq/ft for us and gear. :D
  • kcoc321
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Remember guys, there will be 15 of us and only 800sq/ft for us and gear. :D

Maybe you misunderstood me. I was only bringing a couple set of speakers, an amp, pre tube buffer & a Cd player, unless there is something I have that someone wants to hear.
    I think Cameron said he CAN bring any of his stuff as well.

Course nothing says I have to bring it in from the truck either.

We could always stack it up, wall to wall, and blast out the windows :eek:

LOL
  • zingo
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sorry KC, it's a windowless room. :p
  • kcoc321
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sorry KC, it's a windowless room. :p

hehe...then we'll KRANK UP the bass and make our own.....ah, hahahah :D
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL, Jeff here reporting that I am bringing pretty much my whole HT. Everything in my sig (minus the TV of course) will be making the trip as well as the TSi 500's that Al mentioned I was bringing. I know it is probably too much, but I love my gear and want to "show it off" I know it is pretty much entry level stuff, but if there isn't room for it, I can bring it in a little at a time, lol. I wanted to bring the Monitor 70's and the TSi 500's for a little side by side to help me with my review since I don't have the seasoned ears that most of you guys have, lol. Looking forward to this meet, it should be a good time.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hi! My name Jeffruss and I'm bringing a camera and a hang over. Deal with it, f*ckers.
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL Russ, see you there man!! We are gonna need name tags. :D

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)

• danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the countdown has begun.... only a few days away now... :)
  • geoff727
    geoff727 Posts: 546
    edited February 2010
    Options
    kcoc321 wrote: »
    Don't we have 2 Geoff's, if I am not mistaken. Geoff, "Geoff727" from Des Moines....

That's me. I'll be there (I'll wear a nametag to forestall confusion!!:)). Unfortunately, I don't have any equipment to contribute. All of my Polk speakers have left the house to go to other owners, and my other speaker projects aren't anywhere near completed. I suppose packing up my main McIntosh/Magnepan/Rythmik system to bring is not really feasible. So I guess I'll just bring a smile and some conversation.
    Polk SDA SRS 2
    Polk RTA 15tl
    Polk Monitor 7C
    Polk Lsi9

Infinity RS-II (modded)
    Infinity RS-IIIa (modded)
    Infinity RS 2.5 x 2

Magnepan 1.6QR (modded)

System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1290711373
  • kcoc321
    edited February 2010
    Options
    geoff727 wrote: »
    That's me. I'll be there (I'll wear a nametag to forestall confusion!!:)). Unfortunately, I don't have any equipment to contribute. All of my Polk speakers have left the house to go to other owners, and my other speaker projects aren't anywhere near completed. I suppose packing up my main McIntosh/Magnepan/Rythmik system to bring is not really feasible. So I guess I'll just bring a smile and some conversation.

It's kewl :D You are bringing your ears, right?
  • zingo
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Please PM me if anyone needs the address or my phone number.

If anyone gets a little lost in downtown Kirkland, we are the building east of the big construction crane, just two blocks from the water. When you pull up to the front of the building, keep driving past the front doors into our parking garage. DO NOT park in the blue striped parking stalls as they are city parking and only two hours. Park in the stalls with the brown visitor parking signs. You'll come in the main doors on the front of the building, and I have a couple carts if you need to use them for equipment. The theater is on the second floor to the right of the elevators. Make sure you sign in at the front desk as we are a retirement community, and I'm expecting everyone to be on their best behavior. Any questions?
  • danger boy
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'll be on my best behavior.. but I'm not responsible for lightman1 if he decides to run around in his thong or **** less chaps again :eek:

AsslessChaps.jpg