Seattle area Meet?

Options
Tonysfester
Tonysfester Posts: 19
edited November 2010 in Gatherings & Special Events
I really want to have a Seattle Meet. I would love to see some SRTs, or some SRAs. Would love to talk to anyone within the area that is stocked about HT or polks. Anyone out there?

Would love some help tuning my setup. Here is a build I just posted.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=105383
Post edited by Tonysfester on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hi and welcome to club Polk. The names AL. Looks like you got a plan in place for a nice HT. I would love to hear your system as is. Sorry but I'm across the state. There are some Seattle area people in here too though. I am not planning any trips to the Seattle area any time soon. Maybe next spring you and I could meet up and I could see and hear your HT.

Not sure about your amps.. but are they pro sound amps? It's usually best to stick with home audio amps and components though... at least that's what i've always been told.

Ask any questions you have.. you'll learn a lot here... oh yeah.. I think you meant SDA's. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Tonysfester
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Doh, yea I did mean SDA's. The Gemsounds are ultra cheap and not what I ideally wanted. They are excellent and provide good response down to about 20hz along with the sub in 6.5cuft. I am happy for the price. I have no complaints as they rattle the house well. The Behringer is a popular HT amp, perform a search over on AVS forum and they are a popular choice for good reason. The properly power the LS-90s.

I would love to meet with some Seattle HT enthusiasts. This is my first build so I know I have a lot to learn.
  • wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hey Tony, the name's Jeff. Me and Al are very close (geographically speaking, lol) I too am on the other side of the state, at Fairchild AFB. Like Al said, looks like you are well on your way to having a killer HT, and there are some Seattle Polkies here, give em time to get back to you. Welcome to Club Polk.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hi Tony, I am KC. Funny enough, Cameron and I were just talkin about that we needed to have a Seattle area Polk get together. We need to find someone who has some SDA's :) as I have not heard them either...course maybe I don't want to hear them, cuz then I will want some of those too.:p

We were thinkin some time after the holidays. We'll see what others have to say. I am up in Edmonds, where are you?
  • Tonysfester
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Nice ta meet ya. I am located down in Renton. Doesn't really matter to me where we go. I would prefer after the holidays as well. I would just love to figure out how to tune a room with an spl meter, pink noise etc. I just feel as though I need to expand my knowledge and at the same time meet some audio buffs. Dont really have any friends that are into it so I am alone on the subject.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Welcome Tony! Shoot my a PM when you get a high enough post count and let's set up a date for after Christmas. I live in Issaquah and can bring my AVIA set-up disc, SPL meter, etc and give you a hand with your HT.

As for a Seattle-fest, I would totally support it and do some ground work if needed, and if we could find someplace suitable. I don't think my 1300 sq/ft apt would be quiet suitable.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm down in Puyallup. Love to possibly meet up after the holidays.
    Welcome to CP Tony, leave your wallet at the door
  • zingo
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Let me look into using our 800 sq/ft movie theater room at work in Kirkland. It would be a great place to meet, and it even has 20a outlets, but there might be a rental fee for outside events...
  • Tonysfester
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Anyone have a theater they want to show off?
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hi,
    I would be willing to host a gathering at my place. It would need to be later in January. Al and Zingo have been over before and I have been to Cameron's place to listen to some tunes. I dont have a tv in the mancave but have a pair of srs 2.3s that sound great. I have to have the bathroom remodel done before it could happen here though. Sorry Tony, not much in the way of a HT at my place.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • danger boy
    edited December 2009
    Options
    bikerboy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I would be willing to host a gathering at my place. It would need to be later in January. Al and Zingo have been over before and I have been to Cameron's place to listen to some tunes. I dont have a tv in the mancave but have a pair of srs 2.3s that sound great. I have to have the bathroom remodel done before it could happen here though. Sorry Tony, not much in the way of a HT at my place.

And I had a great time hearing Jeff's 2 ch rig.. it's impressive sounding.

lets keep this going.... there must be some Polkie on the West side of the state that might want to host a Seattle area gathering. THese mini polkfests are fun.
  • kcoc321
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I would love to hear some SDA's....Let us know when.
    Maybe we have to have a 'workparty first, to get the bathroom finished,
    whatever it takes. Let me know when.
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Al- You heard the setup with the sda-2a. The 2.3 speakers are much nicer. Lets see what date would work in January. Happy holidays everyone.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • !Jeremy
    !Jeremy Posts: 17
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I would also like to join this get together. If a list is being created then please add me as I'm right down the road from you guys in Sammamish.
  • zingo
    edited December 2009
    Options
    We can meet at my work in downtown Kirkland if everyone wants. I'm the GM in training at a one year old retirement community, and we have a +/- 800 sq/ft movie theater with in-walls, blu-ray, etc. Its seating is all single chairs, so it can be adjusted to number of people, tables, gear, etc. There would be no charge if we wanted to use the room and equipment for a day or evening. I know it's not as convenient as someones house, but if a few people want to bring some gear, me included, we could do some fun listening as well as watch a blu-ray or two. Input?
  • kcoc321
    edited December 2009
    Options
    WINNER...That is awesome :D

Now let set a date...I am flexible, except for the Superbowl, of course.....
    I have a Durango, and I am willing to help haul if anyone needs that...

What weekend works for everyone else?

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! :D:D:D
  • zingo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe into February would be a good date. Maybe a Sunday afternoon?
  • kcoc321
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So maybe the second Sunday after the Superbowl, Feb-21, 2010?

The Sunday after SB XLIV is Valentine's Day, so that doesn't work.

Anyone else chime it?
    I know I have talked to Geoff, and he is game, whenever...
  • Tonysfester
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks. Its a Puma Clyde....as in Walt Clyde Frasier

I am alright with Feb 21st. I have a pair of LS-70s and a pair of LS-90s. Dont matter where we go.
  • zingo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm considering Sunday, Feb 21 from 1-6pm at my building in Kirkland. How does that work for everyone?
  • ken brydson
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks. Its a Puma Clyde....as in Walt Clyde Frasier

I am alright with Feb 21st. I have a pair of LS-70s and a pair of LS-90s. Dont matter where we go.

I've got LS50's. Might be fun to listen to the full line. Could possibly throw my SVS in the van too...
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I might be willing to make it a road trip...I live around 30 miles south of Portland, so it's not exactly "next door" for me. Anyone know how far away this is going to be from Portland?
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • zingo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have relatives in Hillsboro, so I'm guessing it would take you about three hours to get here.
  • ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, if it was going to be a decent group of equipment and people I'd probably be fine with a bit of a road trip.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i'm a maybe. just depends on how the pass is during that weekend. would love to meet you all though.
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited January 2010
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    I'm considering Sunday, Feb 21 from 1-6pm at my building in Kirkland. How does that work for everyone?

I'll come!

Bill
  • ken brydson
    edited January 2010
    Options
    bsoko2 wrote: »
    I'll come!

Bill

You bringin' the SDA's? I was hoping you'd chime in...
  • zingo
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I plan on having my Forte 1A fixed up, so that will come with me. As well as probably my Matrix mini-i DAC and assorted cables. I might be able to bring a pair of speakers, but not sure as of yet, and someone else will need to bring a source as I use my PC at home.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think everyone that attends should try and bring something for the group to listen to or try out. you never know when this or that component might just be pure magic to your years. :)
  • kcoc321
    edited January 2010
    Options
    zingo wrote: »

I would say it is a go. Let's do it....
    IDK if I have a source worthy of most of you guys gear, but I do have a Nak CD OM1 or a Parasound 5 disc CD player I can bring.

What all do we need for gear? And just how much stuff would we want/ be able to try out in an afternoon?

I guess it is kindof like a audiophile potluck, right? Who is bringing the potato salad? hehe