What Are You Eating?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Tonight is chilly and rainy, time for a gorgeous, slow simmered pot roast of boneless chuck with accompanying onions, potatoes & carrots. Horseradish, Bass Ale & biscuits round out the fare. Apple spice cake for dessert! :smile:
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2012
    Options
    New York strips and baked taters.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Homemade chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Tostadas with extra cheese. :cheesygrin:
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sunflower seeds and Corona w/lime. Does that add to my post count?
    Too much **** to list....
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited October 2012
    Options
    home made bbq pulled pork ..... slow roast a pork butt on the big green egg ...then carmalize onions in a cast iron skillet ... add some stubbs spicy bbq sauce& mix ....... a "little" tequila on the side
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited October 2012
    Options
    BBQ'd a Fillet from Omaha Steaks and had a slice of Costco Pumpkin Pie.

Washed down with a glass of Zin from my accountants vineyard.
  • badchad
    badchad Posts: 348
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Cereal. My local grovery store has generic super golden crisp or Sugar Smacks. Believe it or not, the generic crap tastes a bit better.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A big bowl of bees.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited October 2012
    Options
    oldmodman wrote: »
    BBQ'd a Fillet from Omaha Steaks and had a slice of Costco Pumpkin Pie.

Washed down with a glass of Zin from my accountants vineyard.

Pretty close to my tastes too. Costco ribeye, their pumkin pie, which is pretty darn good, and a Frank Family reserve Zin. What is it about good meat and wine that attracts us old timers ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited October 2012
    Options
    A big bowl of bees.
    You might have been interested in joining in on this contest then:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Man-Collapses-and-Dies-After-Roach-Eating-ContestBSO-173177011.html

You could have won the snake and saved a man's life. I would think a bowl of bees would be much worse. I think.
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Made myself some French toast with oatnut bread, sprinkled with a little cinnamon this morning. Fresh ground from whole bean medium roast coffee.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited October 2012
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Made myself some French toast with oatnut bread, sprinkled with a little cinnamon this morning. Fresh ground from whole bean medium roast coffee.

If I could stab you throught the internet I would do so :eek:. I am super jealous about that French Toast...... not so much the coffee though......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If I could stab you throught the internet I would do so :eek:. I am super jealous about that French Toast...... not so much the coffee though......

LOL...that's funny right there.

To make you even more jealous, I have the day off and I'm pretty much planning on spinning tunes and maybe going picking at the spin shack.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited October 2012
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    LOL...that's funny right there.

To make you even more jealous, I have the day off and I'm pretty much planning on spinning tunes and maybe going picking at the spin shack.

Double stabby now! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Can of soup from 2010 and dollar store crackers.
  • Rivrrat
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm about ready to go do my 6 mile trail walk, so it's a banana and a sugar free Red Bull
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Watch out fer them pesky Javelinas !!! :wink:
  • Rivrrat
    edited October 2012
    Options
    They're one of the few critters I really don't want to encounter while doing my outdoor stuff. :sad:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Well, almost a decade later and a bump!

I am not eating this right now but am preparing it for tomorrow. I will be going South of the Border for tomorrow's meal. Trying something completely off the beaten path.

Sous Vide Pork Carnita (I have made this before with outstanding results) but this time with a side I have never tried before. I watched a recipe on the Cook's Illustrated show about some sort of Mexican corn "salad" that is a variation of some other Mexican corn dish that is grilled, instead of prepared inside. I don't recall the name of the grilled version at this time but it chars the corn on the cob on the grill, instead of in a pan.

The dish is called "Esquites". I don't know what that means, nor do I really care. What I do care about is while watching how they prepare said dish? Everything they did seemed to me to rock my future taste buds.....so I will give it a whirl. I was lucky enough to find Cojita cheese at a local shop and would have gotten the Mexican Crema cheese but the quantities were too large for me to justify....just to try out one side dish.

The Pork is cooking in the SV, the fresh ingredients are on hand. My taste buds are anticipating greatness tomorrow. Lawd help me make a great meal!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    I just looked up "Esquites" in the Spanish translator and it means "long signature".
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I don't recall the name of the grilled version at this time but it chars the corn on the cob on the grill, instead of in a pan.

Elote'

m2yv4gdnn03n.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Thanks, Ron.

We don't get much authentic Mexican dishes up here in the SC/NC region of the country but I have found a couple of gems in the area and am really discovering just how good their taste pallets are. I am lucky enough to have a local shop called "Las Americas" that is equivalent to (as soon as you walk through the store doors), entering Mexico.

I am still learning the ingredients, names, chilies and the like but this market has a restaurant hidden in the back that makes ALL OTHER Mexican/Latino establishments taste like Taco Bell. Authentic is the name of the game and I'm loving it. This is where I found the Mexican Crema, Cojita cheese and the Serrano peppers in one shopping trip today. None of which you can find at ANY supermarket around here, even the really "snooty and expensive, exclusive" ones.

I love that store and it gets regular rotation often.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    And you NC...BBQ has no BEEF

Sounds yummy...enjoy,
    I love elote !!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Tom, perhaps you meant COTIJA cheese.
    Such as, sktr9hrd0djt.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    ach0ydabnjox.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I'm on a liquid diet.

n11a0ckyi75s.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus