Options

Comments

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Doro,
    Thank you for adding me to the list!
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2011
    Options
    On their way to MD

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tibet16
    tibet16 Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Doro - Received TSi200 yesterday. Thanks Ricardo.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,014
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I posted this awhile back, but figured I would put it here as well...

STRENGTHS:
    Smooth overall sound and nice appearance for the money.

WEAKNESSES:
    Lacking some what in high-end extension and resolution. Needs a subwoofer for full-range listening (especially in a larger space).

REVIEW:
    Overall these are good speakers for the money. Smooth, classic polk sound. Easy to drive, sounds good with a variety of music.

Packaging - Unboxing these reveals adequate (barely) packaging, with fitted foam surrounds bottom and top. Could use extra padding around the sides, but order with confidence as polk will take care of you if something happens in shipping.

Fit and finish - my sample came in the black vinyl veneer, and although it does not look as good as the real wood finish on the rti As, it does look very nice and not at all fake. With the grill on you have a fairly plain appearance, but they look cool on stands. Take the grill off and the speaker takes on a much more modern appearance. I would definitely want to mount these naked. A definite step up from the monitor series appearance wise, and definitely a step below the rti A series (I have owned both). In other words, just what you would expect.

Sound - I tried these in two different systems. In the office they were connected to a harman kardon hk3370 70 wpc stereo receiver with an old creative zen media player as the server. They work well in this setup. Highs are smooth and fairly detailed, a little laid back unlike the rti A, so keep that in mind if you prefer a more laid back sound. Highs sounded a little course a first, but seemed to smooth out with break in so keep that in mind. mids are smooth are fairly revealing. Bass is decent for a bookshelf, but I did expect a little more based on the size and the double woofer. Not to say there wasn't any bass. It was more than satisfying in an office setting where the volume never gets cranked, and I listen to lots of jazz combos, fusion, and down-tempo electronica with pretty heavy bass and it was satisfying, but I almost always want more without a sub ;-) Next I took them home and tried them out in my main system with a hk avr 630 (90wpc) and and mirage bps-150i subwoofer. They definitely opened up nicely in this context. The harshness in the highs disappeared, and the subwoofer (crossed over at 80 hz) made up for the slightly lacking bass. Herbie Hancock's letters from Joni is a great demo cd, with lush piano, a tenor with great tone, and brush strokes on the the snare and cymbols that can be pushed too far into the background with certain speakers. This album sounded very good overall. The upright bass had nice woodiness to it, the cymbals were easy to discern (if a touch mellow), and Norah Jones's voice was as it should be. Having said that, the airiness around the symbols and the breathiness and woodiness of the tenor did not come through as it does with my LSI7s, but that is to be expected. The retail for about 40% the price of the lsis, and you get a lot more than that percentage of the sound quality.

Overall these speakers are a great option at their pricepoint for music and definitely for a home theater setup. Of course, it depends on your preferences and you can get more for more money, but at the retail price you can a very good deal, as always, with the polks.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The demos will get restarted this week and the new demos will be added to the rotation.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited March 2011
    Options
    looking forward to the demo
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• Waywerdson
    Waywerdson Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I had honestly forgotten all about this demo prgram, and somehow managed to remember it. I saw on a post from back in December that someone was spposed to be shipping these to me, but I still have not seen them arrive. I have had a change in email since I originally registered, so I have not recieved any emails. My new email address is eric8043@att.net (seriously folks, no spam). I am still very interested in hearing these, as I am looking to downsize a tad from my old Monitor 7c pair.
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Labels have been sent to Mole' for Waywerdson for the TSi100.

I'm waiting on new shipping boxes for the TSi200 but after that, they will be shipped to Knucklhead and do a quick East Coast rotation.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Cnjacks01
    Cnjacks01 Posts: 6
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hey Mark, Is it to late to sign up for this? If not, Pls. put me down for the TSi200.
    Panasonic P50VT20, Blu Ray DMP-BDT210
    Monster Power HTS1650
    Pioneer VSX-1021
    Polk TSi-100 F/R, CS10 Ctr, PSW111 Sub
    "Life is to good to pass up"
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cnjacks01 wrote: »
    Hey Mark, Is it to late to sign up for this? If not, Pls. put me down for the TSi200.

No it's not too late but you're too new of a member to be signed up for the moment. I appreciate the interest but until you start posting and contributing....this offer is for active members only.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Is everyone else ok? Have you received everything or are you waiting?
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'll have shipping labels and emails sent out on Friday guys.

I have the TSi200 here but need new packaging for them before they ship again. I've requested it twice so unless you're local for handoff, it's going to be a couple weeks until this actually ships again. Sorry gang but it's something thats out of my hands.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mark I believe you added me to this rotation, but it's been since early January so not sure if I'm on the east coast rotation or not. Would it be possible for you to post a current rotation order list please. Thanks, Travis

• mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Labels have been sent to Mole' for Waywerdson for the TSi100.

I'm waiting on new shipping boxes for the TSi200 but after that, they will be shipped to Knucklhead and do a quick East Coast rotation.

i thought i shipped these out already, but i just found them in my garage as im getting ready to move.

i have a pair of TSi100
    mole'
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Labels sent to Mole' for Waywerdson.

The original list has been updated. Frankly guys, those of you asking for particular models....have to understand you are going to get one or the other. I don't have much time to pick and choose particular models for ppl.

If it's just a matter of hearing this series, it doesn't matter as they both have the same tonality. If you want to hear them because of a specific application? I'll try but if that's the main reason, decide whether you want to be in rotation.
  • mole'
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Labels sent to Mole' for Waywerdson.

The original list has been updated. Frankly guys, those of you asking for particular models....have to understand you are going to get one or the other. I don't have much time to pick and choose particular models for ppl.

If it's just a matter of hearing this series, it doesn't matter as they both have the same tonality. If you want to hear them because of a specific application? I'll try but if that's the main reason, decide whether you want to be in rotation.

i have them in storage since i had just moved......

they will ship out asap
    mole'
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mole' - I sent labels....they have expired, whats the word?
  • slush
    slush Posts: 124
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dorokusai-

Could you please add me to the list?

AB
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SLush - When you hit 100 posts, sure :smile: I need to see more particpation from you man, that's all. It makes me more confident with sending a stranger a couple hundred dollars worth of speakers you know?

Regards,
    Mark
  • reeseecup01
    reeseecup01 Posts: 10
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Please Contact ASAP regaurding important meeting I don't want to miss!!! This is only POC left....a thread...Hope like **** it gets through!

P.S. Old information should be working for the new device for standard contact
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Did the phone number change?
  • slush
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SLush - When you hit 100 posts, sure :smile: I need to see more particpation from you man, that's all. It makes me more confident with sending a stranger a couple hundred dollars worth of speakers you know?

Regards,
    Mark

I understand :) I have a pair of LSI 25's my old RT800's from college and a full set of MOMO's in the truck.
  • slush
    edited November 2011
    Options

Regards,
    Mark

Disregard request, ended up going the TL3 route.
  • dorokusai
    edited November 2011
    Options
    slush wrote: »
    Disregard request, ended up going the TL3 route.

Great choice!! I also see you had no problem getting to our 100 posts, of which I knew you would anyways. Thanks for hanging out man and post some pics of the new setup. Are you in the showcase yet?
  • mole'
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mole' - I sent labels....they have expired, whats the word?

i PMed you about them. remember, they had the wrong info and FedEx would not let me change it. i sent you a PM with the new info.
    mole'
  • mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dorokusai - I sent you a PM in December about sending the Tsi200's to their next demo stop. Please send labels. Thanks
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • Uilleann
    Uilleann Posts: 159
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Is this dead in the water at this point?
    AVR: Denon X3200W
    Mains: Polk TSx440T
    Center: Polk CS10
    Surround: Polk TSi300
    Sub: Polk PSW110
    Video: LG OLED65B6P Panel
    BDP: Sony BDP-S6500 Blu-ray player
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,001
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Polk Audio's own, Jon_S will be taking over this and all the other Polk demo programs in the very near future. Be aware that there will be major changes to the way the programs are run.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• billmich
    billmich Posts: 19
    edited July 2012
    Options
    how much more significantly better at the 200's over the 100;s...im in the market for back surrounds
    Main L/R= RT800I
    center: CS400I
    surrounds: FX500i
    surround back (center): CS245i
    sub= psw450
    front presence : RT25i
    Current receiver : Yamaha RX-V3000 (all above equipment purchased in 2000) 6.1 +Front presence

I'm upgrading to 11.2, surround back will be removed...
    new surround back: TSI200
    new back presence: TSI100
    new sub: PSW125
    New Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3010

7.1 (11.2)...
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey, for those of you with these demo's still in hand, Merry Xmas, they are now yours. Thanks for participating and simply confirm you have them so we can check off the boxes on this spreadsheet. We've been working on this transition for over a year and this was the quickest and easiest way to get this stuff closed out and new things dropped into the mix.

Polk would like everyone involved to know that your input has been greatly appreciated and if you haven't already filled out a review in the product pages, please do so when you get a chance. More demo's will be heading down the pike and they will be handled by our own resident Polk HQ nut Jon_S. Contact him directly with any questions or comments. - Mark