Options
1464748495052»

Comments

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DON73 wrote: »
    I didn't read this entire 56 pages of typical Club Polk BS but I'm pretty sure "Peggy Lee" had it right.

Whew....personally I have been wondering if you read the whole thing or not. Thanks for letting us all know. Cause I am sure I am not the only one that was worried if you had read this entire thread or not. :rolleyes:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    I'm re-reading this entire thread for the 82nd time now. Looking forward to a sequel. Emotiva Story 2. Great stuff! :tongue:

With thinking like that my boy, there is a future for you in Hollywood!:biggrin:wink::tongue:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He said, "Son, have we got a deal for you,
    We're gonna make you a star, give you fifty thousand too."
    I told him, "My Momma didn't raise no fool.
    I'll take your money
    I'll make you movies
    But I can tell ya right now
    I am born to boogie."

:biggrin:
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited August 2011
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    edited August 2011
    Options
    TMZ has anounced that Charlie Sheen is on board to play PFB in "Emotiva Story... Part Deux"...

He was quoted in the press anouncement that this was the "most tiger-blooded role he has ever been offered" and that he would be "WINNING" the Academy Award for it.:biggrin:

The script was initially turned down by Jerry Seinfeld, as he felt the excitement about Emotiva is "much ado about nothing".
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • williamgauci
    williamgauci Posts: 88
    edited August 2011
    Options
    OK, being a long time lurker here, I thought I should at least be part of the greatest Emotiva story ever told. I also felt that I shouldn't contribute until I put in my dues. So I don't know if I'm happy or sad to report that I have just spent 2 days of my life reading each and every post in this multi-year epic story of comedy, betrayal, drama, trolls, crying babies, large breasted Asian's and PIE!

I actually bought an XPA-5 a few months back knowing what I was getting, a relatively cheap way to add 5 channels of power. I've been happy as it's a step up from my humble Yamaha. I got it for the home theater with the intentions of upgrading my RTiA-1's to some 7's knowing I'd need more than the Yamaha to power them. I've never been much for buying used and in the end, this was a cheap way to add a little kick to my movie experience.

So, what have a learned from two days of reading? ...

Almost everyone likes pie. Pie is good. And for the love of god, never google Boston Creampie!
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If i purchase a UPA-2 Two Channel Audio Power Amplifier
    can i skip to the last post to read. I'm over 50 and i might not have time to read it all.
    Having said that, it seem's that Emo's might not be the best ,but to an ordinary guy and his hobby Emo will be just fine. An OK product at a good price . Agree? Free's up some money to the next Upgraditis(insatiable desire to upgrade). Back to watch Falling Skies.
    Marantz SR 7007
    polkaudio RTi10
    polkaudio CSi A6
    polkaudio RTiA3
    B&K ST.3140 Power Amplifier
    HSU Research VTF2 MK3
    Vizio P65-C1
    Panasonic 605 blu ray
    Onkyo DS-A4 i-pod Dock
    Universal Remote
    BDI Icon 9429 TV Stand
  • CCNJ
    CCNJ Posts: 384
    edited August 2011
    Options
    over50 wrote: »
    If i purchase a UPA-2 Two Channel Audio Power Amplifier
    can i skip to the last post to read. I'm over 50 and i might not have time to read it all.
    Having said that, it seem's that Emo's might not be the best ,but to an ordinary guy and his hobby Emo will be just fine. An OK product at a good price . Agree? Free's up some money to the next Upgraditis(insatiable desire to upgrade). Back to watch Falling Skies.
    I had the upa-2 and currently own xpa-3. I think they are good entry level gear that will serve you well. I do regret buying mine however only because I too always want to upgrade. My philosophy now is to buy better gear now so I have less desire to upgrade later. The upgrade bug will eventually bite anyway but hopefully less often.
    Rig1 - Totem Hawks, Benchmark HDR, Parasound A21, Sonus, Samsung 52 LCD, Audioquest Type4
    Rig2 - LFD LE IV Integrated, Harbeth P3ESR, Rega Dac, MF V-Link, IMAC, Audioquest Type4
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This thread is back and I still hate beer floats.

but a vodka float I gotta try...
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Cough..

Yes.... I did....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    >:)>:)>:)
    b7kcfea10tpq.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    BAT products are impeccable.

They can make Emo whine like a cold baby left alone on the front porch.

They will chew up an Emo like a bulldog on a pork chop.

Go Large or Just Go Home.

RT1 note--No Emo owners were harmed by the bulldog, but a few were in fact left out in the cold, on the porch, howling like a bulldog.

Wow, that wasn't just a mixed metaphor; that's a metaphor that has been subjected to a nonlinear mathematical transformation in multidimensional space. And I mean that as a compliment. Really.

I can hear those poor amp. owners howling at pork chops even now.

:)
  • Ricardo
    Options
    You didn't really read page 1....Did you...

:o

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited January 2017
    Options
    To me, world class is something that is earned with time and proven in the said products ability to perform to a standard that becomes "referred" to by people in the said products industry as a standard by which other products should measure up. I don't see many industry experts using Emo equipment as their reference equipment.

To the person that gave them 4 chances, well, he has more patience than I do. When the second unit went back is where I would have parted ways with them.

Emo components are priced attractively because of cuts made somewhere in the process of either A) design B ) sourcing of parts, or, C) manufacture and quality control. The last one is still a major concern with Chinese manufacturing. Actually, B&C both are a concern when dealing with Chinese manufacturing.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    Options
    I see Ricardo is already causing trouble.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    Options
    Emo is back from the dead? EMOCALYPSE!

Where is Reel anyway? Hope he is still reeling these days.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,005
    Options
    You better do something interesting soon because this thread is dying an ugly pie-and-sex-toy-based death... :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd quote my younger self from 8 years ago :)
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    You better do something interesting soon because this thread is dying an ugly pie-and-sex-toy-based death... :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd quote my younger self from 8 years ago :)

Don't hate me because I'm old, fat and hairy and enjoy pie and sex toys...
  • Ricardo
    Options
    Happy new year!!!! B)

SOPA
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    I miss Kerry. He was funny.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    WOW!! A few names bring back some memories, this place was live back then. Jinjuku, Xcapri, these two guys were allowed to run around for way too long, but made for some interesting threads..

For the record since this is an Emotiva thread, my XPA-3 had served me for 10 years before one channel started to give me a little issue a couple years ago, instead of sending it in to get fixed, I purchased a Marantz 5 channel amp 7055, sold the Emo on Craigslist.. My only complaint about the Marantz is the fan will kick on once in awhile and I can hear it, other than that it has been a great upgrade from the Emo.

I don’t know about the components in the Emo but it’s construction was built like a shiiit brick house, it was a beast..
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    WOW!! A few names bring back some memories....

Like the skinny pants Porsche guy???? polkfarmboy.....

Ricardo got Emoted, once....lol Hey Ricardo! Good to hear from you again!

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    Wow some old schools dudes showing back up. Polk forums are trending up!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Ricardo
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    WOW!! A few names bring back some memories....

Like the skinny pants Porsche guy???? polkfarmboy.....

Ricardo got Emoted, once....lol Hey Ricardo! Good to hear from you again!

RICH!! Hey there stranger!!! Hope you're doing well.

SOPA