Emotiva Story.

Options

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2010
    Options
    xcapri79 wrote: »
    To let everyone know, my new Emotiva UPA-2 amp powers a pair of Polk LSi9's very well.
    The Monitor 70's sound pretty good too. The beat goes on....

Thanks for the update.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'll take a cookie...yummy...
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    I'll take a cookie...yummy...

Nope... they just don't go well with beer.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • cstmar01
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eh very true, neither does ice cream....using beer for beer floats is not very good....my friends got bored one night...
  • louhamilton
    louhamilton Posts: 209
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but I thought this was TOO funny! I had this in another thread and removed it. This is not intended to inflame the passions of this discussion.:D

But that was not originally for the Emotiva fans. That was originally for the Emo music genre, also known as emotional rock. The eyeglasses logo is in conjuction with the fashion statement where they wear dark horn-rimmed glasses.

Just a little music history for you tonight. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited January 2010
    Options
    thanks!:cool:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eh very true, neither does ice cream....using beer for beer floats is not very good....my friends got bored one night...

You're not using the right beer.

A guiness vanilla float is TASTY. :D
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • cstmar01
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You're not using the right beer.

A guiness vanilla float is TASTY. :D

yeah, it was bud light...not so good but we all thought we were so original for doing it...hahahahha. tasted like crap.

and Emo yeah, the music style, oh I'm fimilar with it greatly as one my my ex's was really into Emo guys and never understood why. Guess his depressed state was just calling to her.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I missed this.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I missed this.

?

You missed it last year?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2011
    Options
    adabro wrote: »
    ?You missed it last year?

Nope...he started this one...2 years ago.

He misses it like the illegitimate son he never had.

Ricardo...if you talk to them...tell them I haven't changed my mind...just been too busy to call them to let them know.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think this thread should be closed, or I might bring it back in 2013. If there's still a world then.

Steve, I have not called them either. I am afraid they might remember the story and send me another shipping invoice.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Took me a minute to realize that the more recent posts were January 2010. I was looking back... "I swear i didn't just post that....?"
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • cstmar01
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Took me a minute to realize that the more recent posts were January 2010. I was looking back... "I swear i didn't just post that....?"

it took you a whole minute Ben? Does the ball hit you in the face before you swing the bat or what. :tongue:
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I have not called them either. I am afraid they might remember the story and send me another shipping invoice.

I think you should call them before 5 years warranty expire soon.

I heard the shipping for multiple replacement is Free as long as it's within 5 years warranty.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • BWilberg266
    BWilberg266 Posts: 191
    edited April 2011
    Options

Another great one to try is Young's Double Chocolate Stout with vanilla ice cream.

So good...
    Main Setup
    Fronts - Energy RC-50's
    Center - Energy RC-LCR
    Rear - Energy RC-R's
    Subs - Gone...
    AVR - Pioneer SC-37
    Blu-Ray - Sony BDP-S360
    TV - Vizio E550I-B2
    Media Server - Mac Mini
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This thread reminds me of the Seinfeld Show, just a thread about nothing. 56 pages of nothing....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Ricardo
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It was actually a great thread until post # 1652.

SOPA
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm glad someone brought this thread back to life. I was just thinking about not calling them.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cstmar01
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I still stand by the fact that beer floats are nasty.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,271
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can't imagine beer floats being too tasty, but I'd like to recommend Tequila & Milk.

Mixes best with a less expensive brand of tequila (Jose Cuervo Gold) and whole milk.

Tasty and nutritious !
    Don't let the mix sit too long before imbibing, however. The milk will sometimes .... conglobulate. And conglobulation is not a good thing.
    Sal Palooza
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ya know what's surprisingly good? Milk and cranberry juice.

I know, I know...sounds disgusting right? That's what I thought too, until I tried it just a few nights ago. It tastes astonishingly like strawberry milk.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • megasat16
    megasat16 Posts: 3,521
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whew...I almost broke the EMO.....'s speaker binding post trying to insert my bananas into it.

You don't want any broken EMO, do you?
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Some threads should be left in the murky depths of the Club Polk ocean.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • nooshinjohn
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Every now and then, I make a pretty nice floater and forget to flush. Emo threads are just like that.

• halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited July 2011
    Options
    megasat16 wrote: »
    Whew...I almost broke the EMO.....'s speaker binding post trying to insert my bananas into it.

You don't want any broken EMO, do you?

Rockin' it Emo style ehh? :cool: Emoticon__Hump_by_Iciceberg.gif
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2011
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Still stirring the pot, eh Ricardo :D.

Well, I've heard Odyssey gear first and and it's right up there.......this poster is obviously blind. If Emo is THAT good then the rest of the audio companies might as well pack it in and call it a day.

Bigred, that post is a little over the top and reeks of someone who really hasn't been in the game very long. Hitch your wagon to that horse and your bound to end up **** over apple cart ;).
    ...Oh man this far back?...Wow!..:wink:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I like pie
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • DON73
    DON73 Posts: 516
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I didn't read this entire 56 pages of typical Club Polk BS but I'm pretty sure "Peggy Lee" had it right.
    TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO FORGIVE IS CANINE.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DON73 wrote: »
    I didn't read this entire 56 pages of typical Club Polk BS but I'm pretty sure "Peggy Lee" had it right.

Feel better now that you got to add your BS to the thread?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!