Did this guy go too far?

1235»

Comments

• SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited February 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    what was up with the police car? it looked like a golf cart.... doood!

Liberal Enviro Whacko Cost Saving measure. No wonder the poor guy is so pissed off.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2008
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    Let's see . . . a box with unknown contents moving around a public area while somebody is videotaping. Seems suspicious enough to kick the box over and see what's under. The kid admitted that he was videotaping how people reacted to the box. He got what he asked for. That kids lucky the bomb squad wasn't called in. The same thing happened here in Indy on my campus.

So how about when he kicked the guys car after the box was off? He is just an overblown d-bag!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Yeahhhhhhh, this "Officer Riviera" dude....he's a REAL class act. Perfect example of how an officer should represent the Police force. :rolleyes:

I don't personally think he should get fired for being a dick, but I do think he needs to be pulled off the streets. Maybe a desk job or somethin'. I've known some rent-a-cops that are better than this **** bag and that's sayin' something.

He should from now on be referred to as Officer Riviera a.k.a. "Dude".
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2008
    shawn474 wrote: »
    That cops "crappy living" could save the life of you or one of your friends or family members. Fat pig with no interest in serving the public? You have no idea what that cop has done in his career. Let's play Devil's Advocate here. Said kid is skateboarding where it is clearly posted otherwise. There are MANY people walking the Harbor every day. The skateboard, in the midst of the kid breaking the law, kicks out from his feet and hits a toddler walking with his family enjoying the day in the head and severely injures him. Whose fault? The kid with the skateboard, right? I'm sure you would then argue that it would be the city's fault for not enforcing the law. Get a clue, man.

I have no argument with giving the kid a ticket, calling his parents, or even locking him up. Degrading and hostile behavior is the order of the day, as is typical with police.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    tonyb wrote: »
    This thread pretty much describes what is wrong in america today.The people are destroying this country from the inside.No moral values,no respect for authority,or anything else for that matter.You tie a cops hands and cry when he does nothing.When I was growing up,if a cop hit me,my parents would say ..good,you deserved it.

BINGO!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited February 2008
    Sal, Sal, Sal......you disappoint me.

BTW, the cops use those vehicles downtown to get around in places that cars can't, like the Inner Harbor. No shame there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    they need to give his **** a bike.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited February 2008
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    Kids don't respect cops because they were never taught to respect their parents.
    Bingo!
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Respecting cops is one thing.

Respecting an officer who kicks a remote control car I]after he knows what it is[/I and and gets wound up of the fact that a 15 year old calls him "dude" and starts manhandling him? Sorry, no can do. No respect here.

Kicking the box? Ok, that's one thing. Kicking the car? That's destruction of property. This cat seems like I]in these two videos[/I he was the victim of bullying as a kid as is using the badge as a way to prove to others he is the BMOC now. This has no place on the police force.

I don't think any lawsuit should be brought forward as his actions were not that extreme, however I still feel he should have a desk job or further public relations training. On a different note, I'm sure it would have turned out differently if the kid with the remote controlled car went and kicked the cops vehicle for no reason and I wasn't aware that operating a remote controlled car with a box on top was illegal. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure of it.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    He's the type of cop who I'd want around if I was being assaulted/mugged.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2008
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    He's the type of cop who I'd want around if I was being assaulted/mugged.

Id want one that had the physical capability to take down someone stronger than a 14 year old. Im sure he could take out a box of dunkin in no time, but other than that, I wouldnt trust him with my well being.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it