Ready to take a sledge hammer to it!!!!

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    You and I are definitely on the same wavelength.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2008
    For shipping to Canada, check out DHL rates: they were about 30% cheaper than UPS or FedEx for shipping my Emotiva gear, but only if you use "schedule a pick up". The local "authorized store" would have charged 50% more than the online quote and there are no DHL staffed facilities (exclusive) close to me.
    Alea jacta est!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited January 2008
    Yeah,

just sell it dude!
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited January 2008
    1. Ladder
    2. Rifle
    3. Roof
    4. Neighbors

Repeat as needed.

:rolleyes:

Hang in there, it'll get better.

(made sure I put an emoticon in there so I don't get a visit from Homeland Security)
    Sal Palooza
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited January 2008
    You'd better talk to Mike then!!!
    1. Ladder
    2. Rifle
    3. Roof
    4. Neighbors

Repeat as needed.

:rolleyes:

Hang in there, it'll get better.

(made sure I put an emoticon in there so I don't get a visit from Homeland Security)

This may be alittle drastic. Neighbors tend to get funny about things like that.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Not my neighbors. They would come out with a hayseed sticking out of their mouth and ask if I needed any help!:eek::D
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited January 2008
    Not my neighbors. They would come out with a hayseed sticking out of their mouth and ask if I needed any help!:eek::D

Well I just so happen to like hayseed! I'm calling Justin first thing in the morning! Just cause your silly little receiver is F'ed up doesn't mean you get to pick on us hicks and 'necks! So there! Go to bed Joe.:p:p:p:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    I hope you are deeply offended!!!:rolleyes::D
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    Broke down in tears!
    Ant luck yet on getting it to work or NAD CS to work?
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    No, they are not availible until tomorrow.
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
    Lazy bastages! I remodeled a bathroom today! Where's the work ethic in todays society!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Far be it from me to bad mouth a piece of gear or a company and not give said company credit for great, stellar, customer service. NAD is another company LIKE POLK that has stellar customer service.

Here is an email send to me by I believe the manager of the customer service deptment at NAD.

Joe,

Thanks you for your test results.

It is clear that your T773 is still having digital issues. The unit has been serviced twice in by our local NAD Factory Service center and is still not functioning correctly. After this many repairs, I believe the unit to be unrepairable.

We are prepared to replace your T773. Unfortunately the T773 is now discontinued product and only refurbished T773 replacements are available.

As you purchased your unit new less than 1 year ago, I would like to exchange it with the new NAD T765 AV Receiver. The retail cost is $1999.00. There will be no cost to exchange your unit other than return shipping to our Sharon, MA warehouse.

The T765 has all T773 features and numerous new ones including HDMI switching, Component Video up conversion and Audyssey Automatic room setup.

Please consider this and let me know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you,

Bob Moran

This is what makes a company stand out TERRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.:)
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2008
    Way to go Joe! That's fantastic. I vote you handle all Club Polk service issues with manufacturers ;)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    It's hard to beat Polk and NADs...which is exactly why that is the basis for my 2 channel rig!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2008
    Wow. That is sweet.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Joe, HDMI and vinyl in the same room? :eek: :D

That is a exceptional case of customer service, more brands should follow suit.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Joe, HDMI and vinyl in the same room? :eek: :D

That is a exceptional case of customer service, more brands should follow suit.

No friggin way Bro, I have a dedicated 2 channel room and an HT in the living room!

Yep great customer service is what makes companies stay on the map for years and year.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,425
    edited January 2008
    Awesome, Joe!

Always good to see a good outcome in these cases--It seems like too often the consumer gets left holding the bag.

Be sure to review the new NAD once it gets to you!

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    See? Everything worked out.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited January 2008
    Glad to hear they are taking care of it, sort of. Shouldn't they be giving you a T775, rather than stepping you down to a lower line? Reminds me of years ago...
  • lightman1
    edited January 2008
  • Kex
    edited January 2008
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Glad to hear they are taking care of it, sort of. Shouldn't they be giving you a T775, rather than stepping you down to a lower line? Reminds me of years ago...
    Sounds like excellent news, but I am inclined to agree with William to some extent. They are matching your T773 with current MSRP, I think, but not watts per channel. I wonder what they would agree to if you were willing to pay extra for the T775. They are possibly leaving the door open to you choosing a refurbished unit too, since they mentioned it at all. It sounds like a wonderful solution though overall, since you are getting some really useful additional features, and they are certainly not telling you to take the proverbial hike.

Just in case anyone is interested, and since I looked already, here are some links!

http://207.228.230.231/info/NAD_T773.pdf
    http://www.nadelectronics.com/img/datasheets/NAD_T765.pdf
    http://www.nadelectronics.com/img/datasheets/NAD_T775.pdf
    Alea jacta est!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    Outstanding. Congrats Joe!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Joe with HDMI? That's scary period....even in dedicated rooms!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    ......and to think you were gonna take a sledgehammer to it!!! :p:D

Good news indeed. I'm glad for you Joe! :)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    Joe with HDMI? That's scary period....even in dedicated rooms!

Yeah. Joe with HDMI is a frightening thought.:eek:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    The one cable for audio AND video concept will blow his mind. :D
  • Kex
    edited January 2008
    Kex wrote: »
    I may actually have been wrong about this, and the T765 might be a better, not lesser current equivalent to the 773 after all:

The power ratings on the 765 are:
    - 7 x 80 "Simultaneous Full Disclosure Power",
    - 7 x 120w "Minimum Continuous Power",
    - THD of 0.05%.

Whereas the 773 is rated
    - 7 x 110 "Simultaneous power output surround mode",
    - THD of 0.08%.

It'll be great to hear your review of this impressive piece of equipment.
    Alea jacta est!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    The one cable for audio AND video concept will blow his mind. :D

:p:p:p:p Since the T 773 has been acting up, I've connected TWO HDMI cables, one from the universal digital player to the Aquos and one from the Comcast DVR to the Aquos . . . . so there!:p:p:p