Ready to take a sledge hammer to it!!!!

Comments

• jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2008
    Just goes to show you, 99% of all electronic failure comes from the user!!!:p:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2008
    I'm not going to throw any stones here, because we would need to up the allowable character limit for a post if I started listing all the stupid audio crap I have done over the years :o
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    dkg999 wrote: »
    I'm not going to throw any stones here, because we would need to up the allowable character limit for a post if I started listing all the stupid audio crap I have done over the years :o

Me too! I have really had some blonde moments with audio.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008
    Try putting the IC's on the wrong input, then calling the manufacture and **** them out becuase you think your reciever doesnt work....

...yep I did that..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    Yep. I shorted out amp channels....twice!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2008
    Me & SComp ran into the same damn thing with my VTL. Turned out to be faulty cables. Had me $hitting bricks and had the repair center (Rich :)) scratching his head.

Glad it all worked out Joe. I know exactly how you felt / feel.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • jakelm
    edited January 2008
    I found a deal, 60% off on the Ionic breeze. You know how expensive those are. Well after a couple of days it started buzzing, like it was shorting out. Returned it. 2 days later I found out it was only alittle dirty and it is supposed to buzz when its dirty. Felt like an idiot, because I lost such a great deal, and no more sale...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Now Joe....................:p :rolleyes: :D

Tom the connections were good and nothing was shorting. It happened to be a bad IC causing the processor to wig out.

The next time I hook anything up, I'll remeber to put my Superman xray eyeballs in so I can see through the casings.:D:cool:
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    shack wrote: »
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money :confused:

Since you have created all the fuss on the forum OVER NOTHING...your punishment will be to listen to 12 straight hours of Michael Bolton. Your only out during that time will be to get the out sledgehammer...and smash YOUR NADs...and the music will stop. Trust me...it will be worth it.

If I didn't make this fuss, and had a lot of people here throwing in their 2 cents, I would have never received the correct solution to my problem.

NAD is not helping. They told me today to ship it back to them, I promptly advised them that problem, thanks to the folks on the Polk Forum, was resolved.

I'll drink arsenic laced with cyanide before listening to one minute of MB!:D;)
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    halo wrote: »
    Had me $hitting bricks and had the repair center (Rich :)) scratching his head.

The funny part was watching Jessica stomping around harder and harder trying to make it cut out at my house like it did at yours....:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008

Well I have to apoloigize here for being so STUPID as to use MONO PRICE cables instead of real cables!!!!:D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Glad you got it fixed Joe.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Glad you got it fixed Joe.

I didn't fix it Doug did, long range!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2008
    Well I have to apoloigize here for being so STUPID as to use MONO PRICE cables instead of real cables!!!!:D

There goes Phyllisann cutting corners again!!! It was bad enough she let you walk around with BO on account of that cheap deodorant she bought you. Now she's messing with your gear...you have to put your foot down Joe & be the man of the house!!! :cool:
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    There goes Phyllisann cutting corners again!!! It was bad enough she let you walk around with BO on account of that cheap deodorant she bought you. Now she's messing with your gear...you have to put your foot down Joe & be the man of the house!!! :cool:

Awe c'mon Phil we all know as married men who has the REAL power in the relationship! Women have the most powerful weapon in the world. . . why back in time whole countries went to war over women.!!!:D;)
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2008
    a sledgehammer to the nads? ouch.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • halo
    edited January 2008
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    The funny part was watching Jessica stomping around harder and harder trying to make it cut out at my house like it did at yours....:D
    I remeber that now :D

Good times :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    :mad::mad: **** Funker :mad::mad:

I got the sledge hammer out again as this effing thing failed again. I've removed all ICs and replaced them all with known good IC and the **** thing is just humming in bursts of threes!!! Then it displayed a "DSP Error."

Of course NAD customer service is off until Monday!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

It's a heavy piece of shite!!!!
  • halo
    edited January 2008
    guess you shoulda sold it while it was still working :rolleyes:

easy big fella, I'm just busting yer nad(s) (pun intented) :)
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited January 2008
    :mad::mad: **** Funker :mad::mad:

I got the sledge hammer out again as this effing thing failed again. I've removed all ICs and replaced them all with known good IC and the **** thing is just humming in bursts of threes!!! Then it displayed a "DSP Error."

Of course NAD customer service is off until Monday!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

It's a heavy piece of shite!!!!

I thought it was odd that changing analog IC's would fix a DSP error.

Sorry your having such trouble. My luck was very similar with NAD back in the late 80's. I will never even consider their products again. If by some miracle they actually fix it, sell it immediately.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2008
    Joe, I can't believe you're having so much trouble with the T773. Mines been fabulous for over 3yrs now (knock on wood). NAD is known for their great CS so hopefully they'll take good care of you. It's just such a big pain in the **** having to deal with all of this ****. Keep the faith!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    I thought it was odd that changing analog IC's would fix a DSP error.

Sorry your having such trouble. My luck was very similar with NAD back in the late 80's. I will never even consider their products again. If by some miracle they actually fix it, sell it immediately.

Thanks.:)

The thing is that the DSP error just showed up today. I had the DSP assbly replaced in October. This symptoms of this problem are way past the symptoms of the DSP board being bad. It is not just the digital inputs that are being affected; it is all inputs.

As I said the NAD authorized service center could find nothing wrong. That is why I am thinking the problem is here. Not to mention the fact that the service center did not replicate my home situation. They simply put a dvd and tester on unit and let it run for 3 or 4 days. I was told that they don't have a DVR which for some reason I think may have something to do with this issue. Comcast's DVRs are very unstable atleast the model I have used the past two years are.

I kept telling them that it would start acting up when the digital signal was paused or muted then upon reactivating it, the unit would fail. Very odd problem.

However today when I powered up the NAD it was just doing the buzzes is bursts of threes. Digital, analog, radio etc. It's almost like the processor is trying to sync up with the inputs.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    It's just such a big pain in the **** having to deal with all of this ****.

. . . and the fact that NAD Customer Service is in Canada split with some other company.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2008
    well electronics are not perfect.. just like a car for instance... a car can go down just by using it.. so can electronics.. i think we've become so accoustomed to having them work correctly when we turn them on each and every time..

stuff happens, parts fail, etc, etc.

I have had my fair share of gear not work... it's almost to be expected that at some point something is going to fail, or you're going to blow some **** up, eventually.

How many people in here have never had a problem with some piece of their gear not working as it should? I'm sure nearly every one at some point.

sorry you're having problems Joe, but it just as well could be any other brand name of gear. I don't think NAD is any better or worse in terms of product realiability goes
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited January 2008
    You'd better talk to Mike then!!!

Whoa, what kind of parties have I been missing?:D I'm stingy though and don't share.

Joe, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Monday is only 2 days away. Ship the unit out to be fixed and save the hammer for the front window of the shop that said it was ok. You'll feel much better.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • dkg999
    edited January 2008
    Joe - sorry to hear the cables weren't the issue :(
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    well electronics are not perfect.. just like a car for instance... a car can go down just by using it.. so can electronics.. i think we've become so accoustomed to having them work correctly when we turn them on each and every time..

stuff happens, parts fail, etc, etc.

I have had my fair share of gear not work... it's almost to be expected that at some point something is going to fail, or you're going to blow some **** up, eventually.

How many people in here have never had a problem with some piece of their gear not working as it should? I'm sure nearly every one at some point.

sorry you're having problems Joe, but it just as well could be any other brand name of gear. I don't think NAD is any better or worse in terms of product realiability goes

Al this is a new piece of gear. I realize the mortality rate in infancy on electronic gear is high but it was repaired once and it only lasted two months after that.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    Joe - sorry to hear the cables weren't the issue :(

I still want to buy you a few at Polkfest.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's time to move on........ ;):)
    Somebody said this before but I can't for the life of me figure out who it was.

:p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dkg999
    edited January 2008
    I would invoke the lemon discussion and ask for a new replacement unit.
    DKG999