Lesson Learned kick Ben Thread

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
What my intentions were with the listing of my HK was to pass on a good deal on to a fellow Polkie. I made 3 mistakes.

1 I didn't make it clear enough with I need the money ASAP. It should have read first to pay gets it.

2 I should have told Willow that I was not going to hold it.(I never said I was)

3 I should have tried to contact him before I sold it.

I am happy about who is getting it. I did offer up a replacement at a 1/3 the cost of what I paid.

Even though almost nobody here actually knows me. Know what my character is, wants to judge me, please feel free to post a bunch of judgmental stuff here. I set this up just for you guys. Kick away.
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Kick delivered!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:D :p
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    I had your back. I'm sure you're in a tough spot if you're resorting to selling audio gear. I wouldn't be too concerned, people are just making an example out of something that wasn't a big deal at all.

keep on keepin' on. If you post a good price on something I want, I'll buy without any concerns.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    I pick number one. should have been a 48 font.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, everybody needs to toughin up a bit. Now . . . that being said, if you actually stole someone's cash. Well then we'd drop a big SDA on you.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    This is funny. Ben you should doodle yourself with a target on your head.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    Don't sweat it, you can't please everyone all the time.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    Didn't you get your panties in a wad about CC doing something similar to you?

That's funny stuff, right there.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    Oh, that nail hurts more than the kick.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007
    you didnt do anything wrong dude. there were no promises made and were all adults here. I'd buy something from you if you had something, but can you hold on to it for 2 weeks so I can ask my neighbours
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    you didnt do anything wrong dude. there were no promises made and were all adults here. I'd buy something from you if you had something, but can you hold on to it for 2 weeks so I can ask my neighbours

Yeah, because that's exactly what happened. :rolleyes:

Like I said in the other thread, the "outrage" is more for the noobs than anyone else.
  • ben62670
    edited May 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Didn't you get your panties in a wad about CC doing something similar to you?

That's funny stuff, right there.

BDT

1 CC told me they would hold
    2 it was only for one hour
    3 It was for me
    4 :rolleyes:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TroyD
    edited May 2007
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50616

As I said, I don't find anything particularly 'wrong' with what Ben did, however, in light of the above...I'd say he's trying to play both sides of the street.

BDT
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,161
    edited May 2007
    Hey Ben this how it works here. I very rarely in life and almost never in cyberspace hold a grudge, hopefully you are the same way. We've all been spanked and kicked rightly or wrongly on this board. Brush yourself off and by tomorrow it's all a distant memory. Like Steveinaz said, "you can't please everyone". It was nice of you to offer up something else for Willow.

What I'm trying to say is "Don't sweat it".

Although the whole CC incident that Troy brought up certainly is amusing :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • TroyD
    edited May 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    1 CC told me they would hold
    2 it was only for one hour
    3 It was for me
    4 :rolleyes:

Look man, I think that you don't have a whole lot of room to get sanctimonious here.

1. He said/she said...plus CC's policy is pretty well known. Not to mention, you didn't exactly tell Willow you wouldn't, either. I remember you waxing about 'courtesy' or some such.
    2. It didn't appear Willow was exactly stringing you along, either...
    3. What difference does it make?
    4. Hey, I'm just the guy holding the mirror.

BDT
  • ben62670
    edited May 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50616

As I said, I don't find anything particularly 'wrong' with what Ben did, however, in light of the above...I'd say he's trying to play both sides of the street.

BDT

Troy U R an instigator:cool:
    To bad I can't get points for gear for all the post about this. :rolleyes:
    Kick away.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Well let's see;

Willow got the shaft,

Ben's gettin the boots,

Darla got the goods;

and I'm gettin the Yamy!

Looks like it evens out two to two WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
  • TroyD
    edited May 2007
    I'm not kicking you, Ben, but it's pretty obvious that you've got no moral high ground here.

Hell, you felt the need to start another thread so I'm guessing you dig the attention...so who am I to disappoint.

As far as instigating, hey, as I said....they are your words...

BDT
  • heiney9
    edited May 2007
    Hell, just not 1 hour ago I got into a squabble with my bro about a computer he was going to sell me. We talked a week ago he gave me a price for his old computer (family discount vs. e-bay price) says soemthing about it would probably take him a few weeks to a month to source and build the new one so no rush on the decision. I tell him mid-week I'm thinking about it, but is it nec. for me get a different computer when mine is just fine (according to him I balked). I talked to him today and the new one is built and the old one is sold to his girlfriend's parents. I was very annoyed he didn't bother to even give me a courteous heads up.

Guess what, he's my brother and initially I was pissed but I'm over it. I hope he gets some tonight for setting his GF's parents up with a kick **** computer :D;)

Have no idea what my point is....... but works done and the weekend begins.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    No kick. Just advice.

"Good things come to those who wait."

More good would have come out of you waiting, right? I do know that's hard to do when you need the money yesterday, but........

"Communication is key"

It is a two way street with buying / selling and I do have to admit, that CC stuff is admittedly pretty funny after this. At least you can see it from both sides of the street now.;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007
    does that mean your looking for a computer?????
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited May 2007
    count me in the "karma/payback" is a **** column ;)
  • heiney9
    edited May 2007
    does that mean your looking for a computer?????

I guess it means **** happens even with the best of intentions. Deal with it and move on. Although I hardly think creating a thread about it is moving on. ;)

H9
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    I think it was meant to be a joke and this definitely has been an amusing thread.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    *kick kick*

*punch punch*

I feel better already...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• ben62670
    edited May 2007
    A he never gave me any money
    B he never asked me to hold it for him
    C he did not lose anything
    D It wasn't even for him
    E Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..............

No Polkies were hurt in any of my sales, and 4 have benifitted from good solid deals.
    Thank You
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited May 2007
    but can you hold on to it for 2 weeks so I can ask my neighbours

**** YOU JIM and the **** HORSE YOU RODE IN ON !

no need for you to mock me
  • Willow
    edited May 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    What my intentions were with the listing of my HK was to pass on a good deal on to a fellow Polkie. I made 3 mistakes.

1 I didn't make it clear enough with I need the money ASAP. It should have read first to pay gets it.

2 I should have told Willow that I was not going to hold it.(I never said I was)

3 I should have tried to contact him before I sold it.

I am happy about who is getting it. I did offer up a replacement at a 1/3 the cost of what I paid.

Even though almost nobody here actually knows me. Know what my character is, wants to judge me, please feel free to post a bunch of judgmental stuff here. I set this up just for you guys. Kick away.

Ben it's all good....and I won't be kicking anyone...well maybe JIMDICK...
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2007
    Willow wrote: »
    **** YOU JIM and the **** HORSE YOU RODE IN ON !

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Willow
    edited May 2007
    Priceless D...just priceless ;)
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa