Lone Star Audio Fest - Dallas,May 4, 5, 6 - Polk will be there!

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
www.lonestaraudiofest.com (formerly 'Great Plains Audio Fest' in Tulsa, OK)

Wayne will be updating the exhibitor list shortly.

Please make plans to attend - Saturday May 5th, and Sunday May 6th. Polkies are welcome Friday from 4-8pm for setup and private demos before the crowd arrives in full force that weekend. I hope to have eveything setup by 4.

The demos in the Polk room will include RTi10, LSi9, and iSonic. As a bonus, I will be demoing for the first time to the public, the new Polk DSW PRO subwoofer. This sub will help re-write the book on Polk Subwoofers - you need to see and hear this one.

Yes, I'm saying 'I' alot, that because 'I' will be running the room for Polk. Maybe Al and Paul have been hitting the sauce, but you read it right - the lunatic is getting to run the asylum for a weekend. Maybe there will be a suprise appearance - who knows....

Come out, get your hifi on, and show support for the brand you know and love. This is one of those laid back, grassroots shows that is all about 2 channel, and high fidelity. Don't miss out.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'm working it.....It's very probable for me, with a handle of Beam in tow.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I will have a table there. See you guys in early May.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Andy, it's a Hi-Fi show. Your gear wouldn't fit in. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AndyGwis
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Oh, yeah, that's what you think. Lexicon has a 'new" THX certified processor that carries a $3300 retail price, and I just so happened to get my hands on one.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thx?

Puh-lheeeezzeee :D

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Sounds like a great time. Post lots of pics.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Dennis, Sami, suckstobeme, Andy (spoken for) - Dallas members better sound off, and stand up and be counted.

I will personally get a list of all local, active members from Justin, and those that don't show, or provide a doctors note, will be forever banished from our audio kingdom.

C'mon, where are the Dallas Polkies? Fort Worth? Mid Cities?

Hell, Troy and Dave are scrambling to get time off an DRIVE STRAIGHT in. Get off your asses.
  • AndyGwis
    edited April 2007
    Options
    avguytx, tex, marvda1 and a bunch of others are from around the area, I think.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Me 3 in Dallas but I have a funky work schedule so I'm not sure I'll make it.

Thx for the headsup though. Never been to one of these.

Kinda feels like prom night is coming up and I don't have a date and I'm not sure if I can get off of work to attend.

Gah, that's sooo sad...
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Yep, I'm close as well and should be able to attend. I have to be out of state a few days this week but will be back late Thursday night. I should be there, though.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited April 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Dennis, Sami, suckstobeme, Andy (spoken for) - Dallas members better sound off, and stand up and be counted.

I will personally get a list of all local, active members from Justin, and those that don't show, or provide a doctors note, will be forever banished from our audio kingdom.

C'mon, where are the Dallas Polkies? Fort Worth? Mid Cities?

Hell, Troy and Dave are scrambling to get time off an DRIVE STRAIGHT in. Get off your asses.

Trying to get my work schedule. Looks free now, but the lead engineer
    is dancing around commitment. What, in the way of support you need?
    Just my warm body? No, I don't mean that in a biblical sense.:D
    I see Audio Note will be there.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Looks like I can make it. Falls right in between my trips to San Diego and Puerto Vallarta so I should be good to go. Any plans to meet somewhere (lunch etc.) prior to heading out to the show?
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Damm, and here I sit in Beaumont, Tx. gotta be back in the office next week.

Well, enjoy Rooster and who the hell else besides you should do the demo?????

I suppose now I gotta give you golden props for the fest demo!!!!! The Rooster Room.

Have fun. Pics man.

RT1
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The website has been updated, Polk is in the exhibitor list, and the RTi10's and LSi9's pictures are in the photos section. I see the Polk logo in the exhibitor list, for a grass-roots, woodstock-ish audio meet, and it makes me proud. It really shows what kind of company Polk is, and that they haven't forgotten their fanbase, and where it all started.

Frank Dai at Signal Cable is 'in' also, and will be providing all the cables for the Polk demo rig.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Its no suprise that Frank is willing to support us AGAIN. What an absolute testament to Signal Cable and specifically to Frank Dai as the owner. You'd be suprised at how many other low cost cable manufacturers, to be unnamed but forever unsolicited by myself and others, balked at support for both the Cable Swap Program and Polkfest but Frank has always been there for Club Polk.

Rock on!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I would be there, but I just saw this and already have travel plans.

Russman, if you make it down south to Hatetown anytime let me know. I've got lots of room to spare in the new casa. I'll keep some sauce on the rocks..
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options
    That would be great Aaron.

I'll end up down there sooner than later, with Bottlehead meets and what not. Just make sure you've scouted out a good local Goth bar for us to hit.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • AndyGwis
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Phuzzy-wuzzy,

You still got those 15s stored away, or did you find a buyer?

We'll have to do a mini-Polkfest somewhere in the great Republic of Tejas one of these days.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited April 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Phuzzy-wuzzy,

You still got those 15s stored away, or did you find a buyer?

We'll have to do a mini-Polkfest somewhere in the great Republic of Tejas one of these days.

No sir, I sold the 15s to a very deserving buyer from Austin. Good guy who I expected to join the forum, but may just be lurking. I know he's enjoying them.

I replaced them with 9's and I'm basically using them and my Rotel gear as a TV/Movie/Music rig in the living room. Hence my other recent post looking for new gear to start a 2ch rig in another room.

Russman: I still don't remember this goth bar from last time, but if that's what you want it can be arranged! I'm much more of a tavern, layed back, or stay at home kind guy in my old age (just hit 29 har har)

Ok enough. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'm glad to see folks still getting together, doing things in the interests of the hobby/community, and karma still kicking around every once in a while!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options

It's in the works already broham.

I still think it would be nice to get a group shot at the Lone Star Fest, if we can coordinate it.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • AndyGwis
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I still think it would be nice to get a group shot at the Lone Star Fest, if we can coordinate it.

I'll bring my digital camera and dress to impress, in that case.

Or, if you're talking "shots" I will bring some red bulls and a bottle of Jager.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Sounds like fun, but I'll be racing that weekend. I'll be in Texas in September for the 17th Annual Ford Mustang World Finals, Ennis TX.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    edited April 2007
    Options
    i'll be there.....sounds like a song.
    marvin
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • AndyGwis
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Just curious. . . if I were to only show for a couple hours one day, what would be the optimal time/day to show up?
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited April 2007
    Options
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Sounds like fun, but I'll be racing that weekend. I'll be in Texas in September for the 17th Annual Ford Mustang World Finals, Ennis TX.

Shoot me a pm when you go, I might take the trip there to watch. I was in the neighborhood yesterday with the GT-R in Tool, TX. Lake was nice, it was a good day, around 85-90 degrees.

160 miles, 20 gallons of gas. Hmmm, 8 mpg. Yes, it was fun. :D
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Just curious. . . if I were to only show for a couple hours one day, what would be the optimal time/day to show up?

Saturday, just after lunch. Demos will be in full effect and the tubes will be nice and warm.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited April 2007
    Options
    You guys wouldn't mind an Arkie showing up for this would you? I may venture down and enjoy the festivities myself.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Come on down, and enjoy. You are more than welcome brother.

Get member Jcaut of his hind end, and get him to join you.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Do I need to sign up, or just show up?