Lone Star Audio Fest - Dallas,May 4, 5, 6 - Polk will be there!

Options

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Show and go, it's a walk in, out, casual event. Treat it just like you were hitting up some audio shops for demos.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    edited May 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Show and go, it's a walk in, out, casual event. Treat it just like you were hitting up some audio shops for demos.

Does that mean they'll throw me out for hanging around too long without buying anything?:D
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Does that mean I'll be prosecuted for trying to steal gear?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • sucks2beme
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Drooling on equipment is frowned upon, too.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • soiset
    soiset Posts: 724
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Unless it keeps anyone else from showing up, I'll be there!

ETA: I don't know, it would take a long time to walk the 1.8 miles from my office to the hotel!

BTW: Anyone coming up from Austin for this? I could use a teensy favor!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Only a couple days 'till the fest. Be there.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 904
    edited May 2007
    Options
    See ya Saturday.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Awesome Luther, looking forward to it.

I'm headed home here shortly to load the truck up and get down there and get everything setup and dialed in.
  • AndyGwis
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Dialed in? Is there a con-call number I should have? Are you using the cool-new Polk Telephony Technology? It's supposed to make SDA seems like THX.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Is anyone gonna go buy these 1C's while you're in dallas and bring them back to houston? :D

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ele/321999857.html
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Is anyone gonna go buy these 1C's while you're in dallas and bring them back to houston? :D

If I do they might not make it to Houston. :p
  • candyliquor35m
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Sami wrote: »
    If I do they might not make it to Houston. :p

Go for it. I don't think you'll ever regret it.
  • AndyGwis
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Anyone coming up from Austin this weekend? Might need a hand grabbing me some SDA 2Bs down there.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2007
    Options
    See you there guys.
  • AndyGwis
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Ewww, my pedicurist was only open tomorrow from 1-2, and she's all the way up in Plano. Not sure I can make it anymore.

Maybe sunday, if my colorist can get me in and out quickly enough.
  • sucks2beme
    edited May 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Anyone coming up from Austin this weekend? Might need a hand grabbing me some SDA 2Bs down there.

You need someone with a truck?
  • AndyGwis
    edited May 2007
    Options
    well, they are in Austin currently and measure 43" by 15" by 20" or so.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited May 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    well, they are in Austin currently and measure 43" by 15" by 20" or so.

Bring those 1C's with you if you come. I'll meet you.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else stopped by today, but I did. I got to meet Russ...and and watch him try and find the sound for the room! I love the amp and pre, they belt some sweet sounds with the LSI 9s. Look forward to meeting more of y'all tomorrow!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Have a good time guys. Post some pics.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited May 2007
    Options
    :D:D Where are the updates of how it is going? I expected some drunking updates.:D :D
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I made it out yesterday, lots of good stuff to listen to, it was fun.
  • sucks2beme
    edited May 2007
    Options
    No drinking for me. Just drooling. The Audio Note room was great.
    So was the Element cable setup. I just flopped my old butt in a chair and listened. I
    t wasn't very busy early, and I could hog the sweet spot with no problem.
  • AndyGwis
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Made it out yesterday as well. A nice, very laid back event. Just went room to room looking and listening to gear. The LSi9s sounded great, there were some other cool speakers, but Fred and his Art Arrays stole the show for me, personally. Besides the speakers sounding good, looking good, and being very cheap to build, Fred had some good tunes going and was quick to offer a Shiner to listeners. I was even quicker to take him up on his offer.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Success!

2.5 days of music and debauchery. I'm whipped. I'll post pictures and follow up later tonight. Thanks to everyone that came out, it was good to finally put some faces with names.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • soiset
    soiset Posts: 724
    edited May 2007
    Options

What are the dims on those? I might be able to bring them with me to Houston next weekend.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited May 2007
    Options
    soiset wrote: »
    What are the dims on those? I might be able to bring them with me to Houston next weekend.

Dimensions: 44"H x 16.563"W x 11.5"D

Weight: 100 pounds each

That would be awesome but only if someone from up there doesn't want them. I don't like moving these around the country or state for that matter if possible. I emailed him today and they're still available. He said he's had 5 or 6 inquiries but no one has bought them. Let me know so I can work a deal with him. I think he is negotiable on them. Thanks
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited May 2007
    Options
    That would be awesome but only if someone from up there doesn't want them.

You don't mind if I get these for myself? I've always wanted to try SDA's and these are right on the other side of town. I'd propably need to get something else out of the way, although I did just sell a pair of LSi7's, but I still have more than enough. So most likely a shootout between these and DQ-10's and then the loser will be headed to a new home.

I don't follow CL anymore as I don't have a need for anything right now so I would have never found these if you didn't mention them, and I would feel bad to step in and get them myself.
  • sucks2beme
    edited May 2007
    Options
    You don't mind if I get these for myself? I've always wanted to try SDA's and these are right on the other side of town. I'd propably need to get something else out of the way, although I did just sell a pair of LSi7's, but I still have more than enough. So most likely a shootout between these and DQ-10's and then the loser will be headed to a new home.

I don't follow CL anymore as I don't have a need for anything right now so I would have never found these if you didn't mention them, and I would feel bad to step in and get them myself.

I never will have a set of these. The WAF factor is -10. I have turned down
    a guy at work who had 2 sets of these he sold. ( I hooked up someone
    here with them). If candyliquor35m is ok with it, go for it.
    Your MRS. is a lot more understanding than mine!
    How were the Kef's BTW?
  • candyliquor35m
    edited May 2007
    Options

Sami, please grab them. I already have my 2b's and I haven't been able to work the logistics out on these even with Soiset graciously offering to transport them to houston. Good luck. I'll pm you with more details.