22 Dead at VT

1235»

Comments

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited April 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

BK:

The problem is that after something like this, the politico's go reactionary and cause more harm than good. It happened after Columbine, 9/11, and it will probably happen after this as well. I am worried when my freedoms are taken from me in the name of "Safety" when the laws that took the freedom away do not make me any safer. I am very concerned about this.

I'm all too aware of this drawback to something like this. Supposedly someone was going off on MSNBC about gun control. STFU and let's let the authorities figure everything out before using events as ammo for your personal gain.

And yea, I'm afraid my personal freedoms will once again be taken away due to events like this. As if we haven't given enough up this century.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited April 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    You can't prepare for such acts.Steve hit it,nobody's fault but the Korean kid with issues.Guns don't kill people.........people kill people.And if anything comes of this,you must realize that there is true evil in this world.You don't negotiate with it,you don't try and be it's friend,you destroy it.Like weeds in your lawn.Damn shame this had to happen.The media I'm sure,will look to create a story about fault and who knows,maybe this too will be Bush's doing.
    Just ask Rosie.Sorry Andy,couldn't help myself,Pal.

Why apologize? Rosie O'Donnell is full of ****. Most know this. It's gotten to the point where I feel sorry for people who watch that show, as well as the the co-hosts. I'm off to Dick's Sporting Goods to go buy a Hokie T-shirt.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    Back on topic:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited April 2007
    My prayers go out to the family and friends of the victims.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited April 2007
    Ok, did you all see that this crazy sommabeoch sent a package to NBC between the killings? I havent seen too much on the content of this package yet, but I am sure it will be nausiating(SC).. Looks like there was movies, pictures, among other thing in the package.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited April 2007
    i really hope they release the entire video.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited April 2007
    aaharvel wrote: »
    i really hope they release the entire video.

I hope they don't. Thats what this kid wanted. I feel bad this guy had issues, but he made a cowerdly act and took the cowerds way out. Now everyone in the news or with a talk show is going to use this act as a topic to raise there ratings and push they're own agenda. You will here all about this crazy, broken killer and very little about the victim. Oh ya, here comes the anti gun people on one side and people saying teachers should cary guns on the other side.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited April 2007
    I could be completely off base. This is my theory and in no way am I excusing the shooter's behavior.

First off, I am Asian, male, mix marriage, 35. I am an immigrant with parents who own their own business. No, I'm not Korean.

Coming from my background, I'm thinking Cho's father must have been deeply disappointed to find out he's financing his son's education as an English major at Virginia Tech instead of an engineering degree. I'm guessing problems on the home front.

I'm also guessing Cho's not fitting in, not identifying with other Koreans or Americans. He's in that limbo place between two worlds.

Lastly, I'm guessing that his girlfriend was probably the last confidant he had on the planet and if the reports I've heard are correct, that she left him for someone else, he had no one left.

In the end was a person with no friends, a disapproving father, feeling bitter and betrayed.

Inexcusable. Reprehensible. Heinous.

My apologies if I've offended or made anyone mad. Just trying to offer a possibility to what happened, that is, if an explanation is even possible.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2007
    Interesting insights, thanks...

It is good to get a little background on these the cultures manipulate their children.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2007
    The girl he killed wasn't his girlfriend, but his latest stalking victim. The early reports were that it was his girlfriend. He was questioned twice by police, and brought in once when 2 different women called the Blacksburg police citing harassment by the would be killer since 2005. He was brought in once willingly.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    The girl he killed wasn't his girlfriend, but his latest stalking victim. The early reports were that it was his girlfriend. He was questioned twice by police, and brought in once when 2 different women called the Blacksburg police citing harassment by the would be killer since 2005. He was brought in once willingly.

Thx for the correction. That paints an even grimmer picture.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited April 2007
    Video content has been released and you can see it online via MSN, this guy was really sick. 10 mins of video footage total, tons of pics of him wearing a vest to hold bullets like a hunting vest, 2 handguns, knives, the hollow points he used. He talks about how americans arent happy with what they were given. Its just insane. My prayers to the victims family.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2007
    He also glorified the Columbine killers. I just watched the columbine videos online for the first time. Some really sick stuff.

I'm a little worried about the response time and action taken by officers in both incidents. It was 10 minutes of Columbine footage from the initial 911 call till you hear any sirens from cops.

Don't all high schools have security these days?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited April 2007
    Thanks, fatchowmein, for that insight.

There can't be, of course, any reason or justification for what this Cho fellow did. Period. Absolutely not.

But it would be beneficial to try to understand why HE felt he had a reason, or why HE felt he was justified.

Not to condone ANYTHING of what he did; I hope I'm perfectly clear on that.
    And certainly not to offer any sympathy for the shooter in any shape, fashion, or form.

But what triggers people to do such things ? :confused:
    Sal Palooza
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    The girl he killed wasn't his girlfriend, but his latest stalking victim.

That doesn't debunk the possibility that in his mind she was his girlfriend and sole confidant.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited April 2007
    There has been crazy people out there for a long time.

Remember Richard Speck? I don't think he even had a gun just a knife.

1966: Nurses murder suspect charged
    US police have charged a seaman with the murder of eight student nurses in their hostel in Chicago four days ago.
    Richard Speck was arrested yesterday in hospital where he had been taken after slashing his wrists in an apparent suicide attempt.

He was discovered bleeding in a hotel in Chicago's Skid Row area but was only caught because a doctor discovered a tattoo while cleaning blood from his arm.

Details of the tattoo - the words "Born To Raise Hell" - had been widely circulated by police when they embarked on a US-wide hunt for Mr Speck.

His fingerprints were found at the murder scene and his photograph had been picked out by a nurse, Corazon Amurao, who survived the nurse hostel slayings.

Raped

Ms Amurao had been tied up in a bedroom with the other nurses after the killer rang the doorbell and brandished a knife to gain entry.

She survived by rolling under a bed when he left the room with nurses who were subsequently killed.

The killer apparently lost count of his victims and left without discovering Ms Amurao.

The eight dead nurses were either stabbed or strangled.

Examinations of the bodies revealed that some of the young women had also been raped or sexually assaulted prior to or after their deaths.

Richard Speck, 25, is known to been in Chicago at least a week.

On 10 July he visited the National Maritime Union's recruitment section trying to get passage on a vessel going to New Orleans.