Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I can't wait to meet all of you and listen to some fine tunes! This week I will be at Carverfest where I will meet many Carver fans that are flying in from all over the country. It will be a prelude to Polkfest! Looking very forward to coming!:D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Okay, now that we are within the last month of this event, my wife is starting to him and haw about going to Polkfest with me. I don't mind going without her but I really thought she would enjoy it. I'm thinking that if I could show her that she and RT1's lovely wife aren't going to be the only women attending she may change her mind.

So if all you guys that are coming could sound off and let me know if your wives are coming or not, I would appreciate it.:)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I am
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2007
    Options
    joe, its likely the whole belly bucking, belching, blasting, beached stink bombs and so on, heck, the same thing she puts up with everday from you, just multiplied a few times.................:D

Wives have always enjoyed the fests and are most welcome.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    joe, its likely the whole belly bucking, belching, blasting, beached stink bombs and so on, heck, the same thing she puts up with everday from you, just multiplied a few times.................:D

Wives have always enjoyed the fests and are most welcome.

RT1

Ha ha ha!!! I never **** around her. If I did I would be in mourning!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I am

errrr.....................do we need to drape your speakers??????

waaaaaa.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Okay, now that we are within the last month of this event, my wife is starting to him and haw about going to Polkfest with me. I don't mind going without her but I really thought she would enjoy it. I'm thinking that if I could show her that she and RT1's lovely wife aren't going to be the only women attending she may change her mind.

My wife wouldn't attend Polkfest if it were the last event on earth... Why should she travel hundreds of miles to be around a bunch of drunken, audio geeks playing music too loud when she has to put with that stuff at home? According to her, Polkfest is a time to relax and enjoy...at home.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I've purchased airline tickets. I'm flying into Jacksonville, arriving around noon on Friday. I think it's going through Philly, I hope Joe's not on this plane;) I plan to get a car. I don't know where I'm staying yet. I am willing to be a designated driver as I rarely drink.

I'm flying back early Sunday morning, about 7:00 AM out of Jacksonville. I'm willing to take passengers.

Where's everyone staying? I'll probably go for a Hilton or Marriott property since I've got some point. I may have some Holiday Inn points also. I just don't like Holiday Inns. Most of them smell like hobo piss. They are all kind of **** unless you go to a Crown Plaza.
    Carl

• reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    our holiday inn is more classy, smells like a 1000 dollar hookers golden shower......well actually its pretty brand new, we have a nice Marriott property if that suits your fancy Carl, see you soon bro.

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Well the shuttle from the airport to Brunswick is a ridiculous cost, so if your really stuck and cannot get out from there to the Fest give me a call, I bet we can arrange at least one airport run.

RT1
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    ... Fall Polkfest Audio and Golf Tour....
    So the golf is on as well?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • shack
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote: »
    So the golf is on as well?

Sure. Interested in playing one of the courses at Sea Island? $260 for the Seaside course or $210 for the Plantation or Retreat Course. A little pricy but I can get us on if interested. Lunch at the Davis Love Grill as well.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Just curious -- if I were to bring the Taylos with me -- is anyone interested in hearing them??

Since the truck has a bed cover, I can put them in heir boxes, wrap the boxes in plastic and be on the road with them - no problems.

Just curious if anyone was remotely interested in hearing them.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    Sure. Interested in playing one of the courses at Sea Island? $260 for the Seaside course or $210 for the Plantation or Retreat Course. A little pricy but I can get us on if interested. Lunch at the Davis Love Grill as well.

Yea, they are great, you two Rockafellar's knock yourself out.

There are some courses close to the casa in the 50 buck range that are fairly nice. Oak Grove comes to mind along with Sea Pines. Maybe the Jekyll Island courses.

RT1
  • shack
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Yea, they are great, you two Rockafellar's knock yourself out.

It's only money. Easy come..easy go. It was just a thought.
    There are some courses close to the casa in the 50 buck range that are fairly nice. Oak Grove comes to mind along with Sea Pines. Maybe the Jekyll Island courses.

I've heard of Oak Grove and played the original Ocean Course at Jekyll. You're the local knowledge and I will seek your guidance on my Coastal GA links experience.

• reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Sea Palms on St. Simons is nice, still expensive but not like the Sea Island courses, if your only going to play one and have the dough the Cloister courses you mentioned are the ticket.

The Oak Grove Course is closet to the house, just let me know when you are coming in.

RT1
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2007
    Options
    You guys can chase all the little white balls ya'll want. I'm in it for the vittles...

Speaking of which, sauseege orders need to be taken. Remember this stuff is made to order so you have until two weeks before the grand brew-haha to speak up...

Big Daddy, the bottle on the grill will be full, NO? (Not to mention the bottle in the kitchen)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Just curious -- if I were to bring the Taylos with me -- is anyone interested in hearing them??

Since the truck has a bed cover, I can put them in heir boxes, wrap the boxes in plastic and be on the road with them - no problems.

Just curious if anyone was remotely interested in hearing them.

I am, wanna hear what all the hullabaloo is about. heard great things about Taylo in general, but never laid ears on a pair.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    demo speakers can be played on the upstairs Manley Rig, under no circumstances can the speakers be changed out with the Stingray On, it must be turned off BEFORE you can disconnect the speaker cable from the speaker of the integrated amp itself. Sorry do not mean to offend anybody but we have had gear ruined in the past.

Trey is designated as Official Rack Master for the Manley Tube Rig, no changes unless he is present and in charge of the change over. Just turn the Manley Off before doing anything.

OK, some of the guys are PM'ing about where folks are staying so please post up your hotel.

Whatever you want Anthony you got it. Just get me the sauseege...... I need some for the Low Country Boil as well as your peppers dish, it will be mixed with shrimp as far as the flavor use your best judgement.

Anthony is designated as Official Cook for the Fest.

I have a call into the Fire Marshall to get clearance on this issue, waiting for his call back to me.

Its getting really close now, I am of course jazzed about the Fest and all the great new members who are coming as well as seeing many of the broham's from past Fests.

The curse touched me a bit and we had to move out of the house for two weeks but its all better now.

RT1
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Ted looking foward to seeing you again along with all of the others that I got the pleasure to meet last year. Also looking foward to meeting the new members as well.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Curse?:confused:

Okay, I am arriving Friday at Noon into Jacksonville. I'm renting a car and driving to the Marriott Courtyard arriving about 2:00 PM. I'll take a nap and drive over to RT1's place arriving when he says it's okay for the home invasion to start on Friday. I'll be there all day Saturday, driving to Jacksonville on Sunday morning for a 7:00 AM flight.

I am willing to drive anyone who is arriving in Jacksonville around the time I'm landing (Noon) or leaving on Sunday.

I looking forward to meeting all of you and having an enjoyable visit.
    Carl

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Well, since I am tearing down the rig (not actually right now)

Does anyone want to hear the Shanling or Odyssey gear??

Let me know.

Thanks
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I would love to hear the Odyssey gear.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Would love to hear the Shanling. I hope to hear a SACD as well.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    janmike wrote: »
    I hope to hear a SACD as well.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, the possibility is astronomical. We have backup's to the back up at the casa.

RT1
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Options
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, the possibility is astronomical. We have backup's to the back up at the casa.

RT1

That would be a good thing Ted.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I'm dying to hear the kW SACD!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Like Staples.......yea, we got that.:D

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    OK.

Fireman Dave is designated as Official Fireworks Officer.

Those sparkler type fireworks you shoot off from the ground are legal in Georgia, have a ball, their will be a hose in the front of the house connected to the well spicket for any emergencies.

RT1
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    Options
    OK.

Fireman Dave is designated as Official Fireworks Officer.

Those sparkler type fireworks you shoot off from the ground are legal in Georgia, have a ball, their will be a hose in the front of the house connected to the well spicket for any emergencies.

RT1

I am more than happy to take on that responsibility. I will make sure your casa stays unburned.