NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl....

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Did the saints go home after the half?

Jeez.....

Turnovers.

Congrats to the Bears.
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited January 2007
    Whooo Hooo
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    My Congrats to the true Saints fans, your team gave you a heck of season and are certainly on their way, great players and coach. Had it not been the Bears RT1 would have been with you.

Go Bears.

RT1
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    damn, I thought it was the saints all the way. I'm friggin stunned. still, Saints fans cant complain too much about the season, and can only get better from what I can tell.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    I cant belive how much of a moe-ron Grossman is! Calling time out right after calling another one and having to be told by a teammate to get back in line. Heading off to the locker room when the rest of the offense is still on the field for another play. How did this guy get in the NFL?

And it looks like the Colts are choking again.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Hope everyone's ready for some Patriots! :D

Finally something I can agree with boobman on. :D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited January 2007
    21-21 tie

18 points in 11 min..

Good game
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    WOW, what a game.

GREAT job by the Colts. Nothing but respect for that performance.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    wow.....just wow
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    WOOHOO!!!

Boy am I glad I was wrong!!

That was the best game Ive seen in a looong time. To play that horribly in the first half and then come back from 20 points down like that!! Thats a Tennessee boy for ya!! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • TroyD
    edited January 2007
    I hate that my team lost, but, that was just a great game. Can't feel bad about that and it is good that Manning got the monkey off his back. I just hate that it came at the expense of my team.

How big was that 5 yard penalty for too many men on the field?

BDT
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, no kidding.

Never thought 5 yards would hurt so bad.

Ah well, it was an intense game and I although my Patriots lost, I can't fault the Colts for bringing their A game.

I'll be ready with my war paint for the next AFC Championship baby!
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    freaking unbelievable game.. I woulda been very happy if I wouldve purchased tickets for 500 bucks a piece off Ebay.. Nonetheless, it was just as memorable here at the house.. I was so excited that they won, and I made another Colts thread before I remembered this one.. So, please just disregard that...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Frankenmanning refuses to throw it in, but I hope the Bears D him up so bad he cries in the SB.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    GO COLTS!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Awesome game by both sides in the Pats/Colts game. But how much does it say that I had like, 90% confidence that in that last minute the Pats would pull outa miracle drive to win? That interception literally STUNNED me.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    shack wrote:
    GO COLTS!

Bares repeating. :D

Notice I didn't say Bears.... :mad: :p
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited January 2007
    MacLeod wrote:

That was the best game Ive seen in a looong time.

Don't get me wrong, this was a great game... but I don't think this beats the indy-pit game from last year;) :D .

Good thing the patriots lost. If they won the super bowl this year, they would have tied the almighty 70s steelers with 4 SB in six years. Thanks Colts:D
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    The Steelers were ate the hell up this year, nothing was working and I'm a towel fan.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Colts should win the Super Bowl rather easily..
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2007
    WTF was with Bill Belichick & Tom Brady after the game ended. Brady ran off the field talking to no one and Belichick paused to talk with Dungy but completely ignored Manning. Did you notice that Manning had enough class to take off the AFC Champions hat as he met the Patriot players leaving the field? That two sentence interview with Belichick after the game was just as pathetic - the reporter looked terrified to ask him any questions. IMO they acted like a pair children (sore losers). They are supposed to be professionals. Yes, it sucks (for them) to have lost but be a man about it.

GO BEARS!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Halo wrote:
    WTF was with Bill Belichick & Tom Brady after the game ended. Brady ran off the field talking to no one and Belichick paused to talk with Dungy but completely ignored Manning. Did you notice that Manning had enough class to take off the AFC Champions hat as he met the Patriot players leaving the field? That two sentence interview with Belichick after the game was just as pathetic - the reporter looked terrified to ask him any questions. IMO they acted like a pair children (sore losers). They are supposed to be professionals. Yes, it sucks (for them) to have lost but be a man about it.

Ah, glad you saw that!!!! I posted about that in the other thread.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Oh, shutup.

Every press conference with Belichick is like that, whether they win or lose, so blame his poor social skills, not being a sore loser. The guy sees those press conferences for what they are - pointless asking of the same questiosn every single time.

And as for Brady, as someone from new England, I see his press conferences and interviews all the time, and he's nothing but gracious to teams they lose to. Always gives them credit rather than blaming his team for losing, and never has anything negative to say about the other team.

You can jump on the asinine bandwagon that the Patriots have no class like your buddy LDT, but know your facts and stop talking out your ****.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    "Manning is a crybaby..."
  • halo
    edited January 2007
    Colts should win the Super Bowl rather easily..
    NOT! I think it is going to be a very good game though ;):)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    "Manning is a crybaby..."

Well, I said that, not the team.

Valid reasons to hate the Patriots :
    - annoying fans like me
    - overexposure in the media
    - media slurping Belichick as a genius, Brady as the Golden Boy, etc.
    - the "we're underdogs" or "no one respects us" angle.
    - sick of the same team winning

Invalid / Made Up reasons to hate the Patriots :
    - no class.
    - calling them "the Yankees" of the NFL (the Yankees are the Yankees because they are a juggernaut that spends more than anyone else to win. Period).

It's sports, people "hate" for no reason, and as I've said, I'm guilty as the next guy. I just think this "classless" or "disrespectful" argument is complete baloney.
  • halo
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Oh, shutup.

Every press conference with Belichick is like that, whether they win or lose, so blame his poor social skills, not being a sore loser. The guy sees those press conferences for what they are - pointless asking of the same questiosn every single time.

And as for Brady, as someone from new England, I see his press conferences and interviews all the time, and he's nothing but gracious to teams they lose to. Always gives them credit rather than blaming his team for losing, and never has anything negative to say about the other team.

You can jump on the asinine bandwagon that the Patriots have no class like your buddy LDT, but know your facts and stop talking out your ****.
    I know what I saw and that was Brady heading straight for the locker room. That, Bob, is a FACT. I also saw Bilichick brush off Manning. That is also a FACT.

I'm not jumping on anyone's bandwagon Bob. I call it like I see it and that is exactly what I saw last night.

I don't care if Belichick sees an interview as pointless - its part of his job. How he deals with it is up to him.

All I said about Brady was that he ran off the field and headed straight for the locker room. He didn't congratulate anyone from ther other team. If he did they didn't show it on camera.

Talking out of my ****? No.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    I heard that Brady actually shook Manning's hand almost immediately after the gun sounded and ran off the field before the cameras were able to pick it up. Bilichick on the other hand pretty much did brush off everyone but Dungy. I understand he has no personallity, but I thought what he did was more disrespectfull and there really was no excuse for it. I have never said the Pats had no class...they are usually a pretty classy team. I have no problems with the team...just Bilichick could have been more gracious in defeat.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited January 2007
    I saw Belichick shack hands with Dungy same as I saw Brady at mid-field congratulating the Colts, to include, I'm pretty sure, Manning.

BDT
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Considering Brady and Manning are really good friends off the field, I doubt Brady would snub him after a big win.