NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl....

Comments

• TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    shack wrote:
    :confused: Tear stuff up and go to jail over a football game? I assumed your member name had to do with an audio mfg. Maybe not. Life's too short and I'd rather watch it on TV anyway.

I was being extremely sarcastic; however, if it was a Kentucky game I might have exploded!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Im a bartender at BW3's in Jackson, Tn.; I cannot drink there! How sh*tty is that? BTW, nice to hear someone call it that. I havent heard B-dubs in a long time either. The "3" actually comes from: Buffalo Wild Wings & "Weck", it is some kind of sammich.. Let me know what you are thinking about, and possibly I can make it down there.

Josh

FYI- Im in my home town, Madison, In., until Jan. 25th..

I was about to type B-dubs, but I thought you would have no idea what I was talking about. That's what we call it around these parts... small world, no?

As for Madison, IN, I'm currently about twenty minutes from there. I work at the News-Democrat in Carrollton, KY:D An hour commute each day from the 'ville, but my wife has family here. We go to Joey G's from time to time...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    Joey G's huh? That's basically the only bar in this town that I have not bartended at. (Electric Lady, Broadway, Shipley's, Cabana Joe's, Crown Room) Yeah, lil ol' Madison.. Unfortunately I grew up here.. Actually, I cant say too much bad about this area; it is historic, beautiful, and quite frankly a great place to raise a family..

Depending on where you live in Louisville, you may have a long drive home.. The police and EPA have closed down parts of I-65.. A train derailed down there somewhere and exploded.. Looked like a lot of liquid and natural gas containers to me..
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Sure, you see the game better on TV. But nothing beats the experience of being at a playoff game, especially for your favorite team. It's like having pure energy pumped into you. So much fun.

I've been to lot's of big games in huge stadiums (how about 108,000). I've slept in a tent overnight to get tickets. I've been to a NCAA National Championship game that MY team played in and won. Ben there...done that...no more.
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I'm sure there's some experience in your life that you would give anything for, shack. Imagine having that experience presented to you, adn then by someone else's stupidity have it taken away from you, right in front of your eyes. YOu're telling me you wouldn't at least have the URGE to punch something? It's a natural human response, lighten up.

The birth of my children, an important event in the life of a loved one...yes I would be upset. A sporting event...NEVER...as much fun as they are...they are not THAT important.
    bobman1235 wrote:
    lighten up.

I started this thread...I don't have to.

I like sports and started this thread to be fun...I just found that comment a little absurd (sarcastic or not)...and if you notice my resonse was a little tongue in cheek as well.

Sorry ZB didn't get his tickets. Y'all carry on.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    I dont think I have ever been to the B-dubs on Frankfort... I think Ive always gone to the one on the corner of Shelbyville & something??
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Shack... it's all good in the hood. I agree with ya'.... lots more important things in life, esp since I'm a Falcons/Cards fan. Hopefully, they went to some life-long Colts supporters and this will be a dream come true for 'em:)

Outlaw... the corner of Shelbyville and Breckenridge -- where Shelbyville turns into Frankfort. Same one as you're talking about:D Unless, you're talking about the one on Shelbyville Rd in Middletown, right by the Snyder exit.

As for 65, holy crap!! I live in Germantown fairly close to the exit, so the drive's not too bad. However, I now know why my wife hasn't made it to work yet...

that or the mailman:D

edit: the railroad tracks are about a block from my house!!! Crossing my fingers here that it didn't happen anywhere near that stretch...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    Yep, that's the one... Absolutely no place to park EVER!! I can get us 50% off on all food, but then I wouldnt be able to have a 22" or 2.. No big deal though. I really don't drink all that much anymore..
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I usually just go early.... 7 or 8 parking spaces has got to be some sort of record in futility. Sorry for the derail (and even more sorry for the bad pun), but that train wreck happened about 3 minutes from my brother's house off of Brook's Rd...

They're ordering everyone indoors, shut all windows, and remain inside. Pretty serious, scary stuff. My nephews are at home with their grandmother, and my brother can't reach them by telephone. He says she doesn't even watch TV, so she might not know what's going on....
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2007
    Go Bears!!
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Ouch...:D :o
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    Well I hope your family is safe Zombie.. I thought you might be interested in knowing about it, just didnt realize it would be that close to home..
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Well... not close to my home. About a 10-12 minute drive down I65. But yeah, really close to my brother. Sounds like all is well though with no injuries to report. UPS is unable to land its planes, which means the audio rack I was expecting today or tomorrow will be delayed a bit.

C'est la vie and blah blah blah..:D

To put Shack's thread back on course, I'm pickin' Pats over Saints in the big game. In bogarting Doro's turn of phrase, I'd say Frankenmanning is due for an even worse game than last week. Prime-time player, he ain't. Though I wouldn't kick him out of the Fantasy League bed for getting crumbs in the sheets...

I just wouldn't bet my future on the house of cards that is his playoff pedigree.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited January 2007
    <font color="DarkOrange"><font size="5"><b>Da</b></font></font> <font color="Navy"><font size="5"><b>Bearsss!</b></font></font> :D
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    I may be wrong about this, but I believe "FrankenManning" will have a great game against the Pats.. He will destroy their secondary.. Colts 28-21
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    I may be wrong about this, but I believe "FrankenManning" will have a great game against the Pats.. He will destroy their secondary.. Colts 28-21

I find it wishful thinking, but I hope you're right. Colts have been my secondary team year in and year out.

I didn't believe the Patriots would even make the playoffs earlier in the year, and said there was no way they'd make the Super Bowl. Even if they lose on Sunday I was completely wrong about that one. Well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad. :p

I'm pulling for a Saints & Colts Super Bowl. I was actually going to suck it up and pull for the Bears, but Rex Grossman is such a gigantic dick I can't help but cheer against the jerk.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I'd be surprised if Manning beat up on the Pats' secondary - he's never been able to before. I'm not saying they don't have a chance to win - I'd say it's a pretty even match at this point - but if they do win I don't think it will be Manning's arm beating them. The Pats know better than anyone how to neutralize Manning (mostly through pass rush).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    NE's defense is a lot better than people think. I find it amusing that NE has owned the NFL for the last 5 years yet they have been the underdog in pretty much ever AFC championship/SB that they've played in.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    Marvin, Reggie, Dallas... You know Marvin is gonna get his, and Reggie is an unbelievable athlete.. He makes some catches that absolutely amazes me, as does Marvin.. But, I would say the Pats will do the same thing as the Ravens and run two safeties very deep to stop the long ball... That is were Dallas takes over with the short dump passes and quick outs.. I also wouldnt be suprised if Addai throws up big numbers again this week.. Sticking to my prediction, 28-21 Colts..
  • TroyD
    edited January 2007
    Indy hasn't been able to win the big game yet. I don't see that changing this week. Not to mention, in one of their worst games of the season, Indy beat NE 27-20. IF NE comes to play....who knows.

BDT
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    well, of my last week's picks, only one survived, my superbowl pick New Orleans. Not many people seem to agree.

I used to say Chicago, but there offense is too underwhelming

Colts?, Peyton had what, 3 INT's in last week's game, Peyton might not have full on choked yet, but wait for it.......... its coming. If it dont come this week, he's going to have a full on airway obstruction come Superbowl time.

Everyone has the Bears beating the Saints like its a shoe in, and I say NAY!!!

it will be Saints and I'll say tentativly that I pick the Pats to win the Pats/Colts game. Saints, Pats in the Bowl

Saints take it all though

feel good story of the year
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Amazingly, despite the predictions that the Colts will lose, they're still going to show up to play the game. I heard San Diego couldn't lose either. :eek:
  • TroyD
    edited January 2007
    Actually, most of the pundits are picking NE over the Pats. That's fine. I feel confident in Belichick and Brady. They may not have the big names nor the pizzaz of Indy, but, you know, come 4th qtr, I'd take Brady over anyone. Past or present.

The one that worries me is Vinateri. You give that SOB 55 yards and he'll bury you every time. Ask Kurt Warner and the Saints.

BDT
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    Actually, most of the pundits are picking NE over the Pats.
    BDT

Now, I know NE is good, very good in fact in the playoffs, but I just don't think they are actually capable of beating themselves. :)
  • ohskigod
    edited January 2007
    look guys, no way around it, the NE/Colts game is the closest to a crapshoot of the 2 this weekend. Lots of variables.

which Peyton will show up? reg season peyton? Post season Peyton? think THAT dont make a difference ?!?!?!?!

which Colts Defense will show up. better be the one we've seen as of late, or else they dont have a chance.

the reason I like the Pats over the Colts is the Colts have the variables, where the Pats, where they are the Pats. Brady?, Troy hit it on the head, in the clutch, in the Post season, the man is just money!!!!

the only veriable is, will the supporting cast on offense be enough? I agree with Troy that they definitly have the defense to win the game.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    edited January 2007
    I think they will and here's why.

Brady threw 50+ passes last week and the NE receivers managed to catch enough of them. IF they can spread the ball like that, they CAN run the ball. Previous Indy opponents haven't been able to do that.

Make no mistake, Indy's defense has played better in the playoffs but they still aren't in the same area code as the Chargers defense. Also, if Indy plans on being able to kick 5 FG's and win against NE? Pfffffffffft. Dry that out and you could fertilize the back 40.

BDT
  • ohskigod
    edited January 2007
    TroyD wrote:
    I think they will and here's why.

. Also, if Indy plans on being able to kick 5 FG's and win against NE? Pfffffffffft. Dry that out and you could fertilize the back 40.

BDT

Add in that there is no way Peyton can throw 3 INT's and still win against the Pats. I'd say 2 INT's and they wont have a chance against a team like the Pats. Brady aint gonna make mistakes like that and return the favor, like I said, that man has friggin ICE WATER in his veins in the playoffs.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    There is no way that they'll have to kick 5 FG's this week... They're not playing the number 1 defense in the league! The Pats are a far cry defensively compared to the Ravens.. There is no comparison.. Then again, according to all the analysts and Colt's HATERS, they werent even supposed to make it this far... And the fact that he did throw 3 INT last week and did not have a stellar game the first round, makes me all the more confident that he WILL get it done this week! How many times has he had 3 bad games in a row??? Playoffs or regualr season..
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    God bless... I'm getting steamed again about my adventure with the Kroger Ticketmaster:mad:

I can't help but think this game is going to come down to some last minute heroics...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    All the confidence that people have in the Pats is making me think it's not going to happen.... stupid reverse jinxers.

BTW, if anyone hasn't seen it, I love the video of Peyton all but begging the Colts fans not to sell tickets to Pats fans. (Can't find a link to the video, it used to be on this page as "One on One with Peyton Manning") What a big baby that guy is. He's got amazing skills, but such a crybaby.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.