NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl....

1235»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Colts should win the Super Bowl rather easily..

Yeah...OK.......the Saints were to beat the bears rather easily too.
    Truth of the matter is...anyone can beat anyone at any given time.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Though I don't consider myself a fan of any team other than the Falcons, I find it hard (if not impossible) to choose a side when watching a game....

I couldn't help but cheer for the Pats. It's odd. In every sport besides the NFL, I pull for the underdog. There was just something about a team possibly winning their fourth Super Bowl of the decade that did it for me. I'm a sucker for a dynasty I suppose...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    Colts can beat the Bears, but I wouldnt say easily. hey, I've been rough on the Bears as of late, but if Peyton dont respect there Defense, he's gonna have a long day
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Well, I said that, not the team.

Valid reasons to hate the Patriots :
    - annoying fans like me
    - overexposure in the media
    - media slurping Belichick as a genius, Brady as the Golden Boy, etc.
    - the "we're underdogs" or "no one respects us" angle.
    - sick of the same team winning

Invalid / Made Up reasons to hate the Patriots :
    - no class.
    - calling them "the Yankees" of the NFL (the Yankees are the Yankees because they are a juggernaut that spends more than anyone else to win. Period).

It's sports, people "hate" for no reason, and as I've said, I'm guilty as the next guy. I just think this "classless" or "disrespectful" argument is complete baloney.

I actually don't hate the Patriots, though (since you quoted me). The only one getting bagged for anything other than his performance on the field has been Peyton Manning. One comment about the after game antics of both Brady and Belichick and you go off the handle.

Patriots are a great football team, and were beating the snot out of the Colts.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    Yeah...OK.......the Saints were to beat the bears rather easily too.
    Truth of the matter is...anyone can beat anyone at any given time.

True, and without the fumbles in bad weather does Chicago still win? Maybe...

Gotta factor all that into your fandom, and I will acknowledge that if it's pissing rain in Miami the Colts will probably get smoked.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    I actually don't hate the Patriots, though (since you quoted me). The only one getting bagged for anything other than his performance on the field has been Peyton Manning. One comment about the after game antics of both Brady and Belichick and you go off the handle.

Patriots are a great football team, and were beating the snot out of the Colts.

I read too many other message boards where I don't participate and they've been bashing the Pats for weeks, so it's more than one comment to me. People here haven't shown much hatred for the Pats, actually, and I don't mean to direct my comments at one person so much as the general attitude.

Besides, all of my comments about Manning have been met with resistance, I figure tis' time for me to return the favor.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Most of you would probalby enjoy this article.

Excerpt below.
    Where to begin?

Well, how about your supposed superstar quarterback, Tom Brady? I'll lay off the fact that Brady never quarterbacked a team to a championship in high school or college. And no one in his family has ever won a championship either. We all know that. But the biggest problem with Brady is that he's making a habit out of putting up big numbers in the regular season while choking in the playoffs when it counts. Look at last year: 4,110 yards, 26 touchdowns and another Pro Bowl selection. That's all well and good. But then the postseason came around and he laid an egg against the Broncos with a third-quarter interception at the goal line that was returned 100 yards by Champ Bailey and a loss-clinching interception on New England's final possession of the game.

Fast-forward to this season and we have another 3,500-plus yards passing and 24 touchdowns. Swell. But last weekend in the divisional round he chucked three interceptions against the Chargers in a game his team won despite him. And then Sunday night saw another game-ending pick -- and a near-interception on the possession before (and Brady seemed to blame his receiver, Troy Brown, for what was clearly his own mistake). All this sent the Patriots to yet another loss to Peyton Manning and the Colts.

Obviously it's sarcastic, but still pretty hilarious.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0s5vIkdnwqg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0s5vIkdnwqg&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Gotta love the ending in the booth..."What is that?!"
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Hahaha, he really has no personality at all.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Any predictions on the SuperBowl? I say Colts 34-21.. I was slightly off on the Pats score.. See how I do on this one..
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Colts: 34
    Bears: 10
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Colts: 29.78463
    Bears: m%

Let's get ready to GAMBBLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Colts: 29.78463
    Bears: m%

Let's get ready to GAMBBLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Would you happen to be the "forum bookie?" :cool:
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007