NFL Conference Championships and Super Bowl....

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I only got 2 out of 4 picking the Division Champions so my prognostication skills could be in doubt...but I have had an Epiphany. The stars are aligned and it is the final chapter to bring order to the universe. Saints VS Colts in the Super Bowl and Colts win. How fitting would it be for Payton to win the big one against the team his father toiled for 10 years and never had a winning season because they never gave Archie any support (Remember the Aints and paper bags?). It just seems fitting.

Then again maybe it will be Pats vs Bears and the Bears win....but that just seems all F***ed up to me. No Karma there.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    I always root for the team who eliminates mine (unless it's the Cowgirls or the Gi ANTs) even though I hate their guts for doing it!!!

Go Saints!!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Pats vs. Bears. Pats win.

No offense, but Indy, IMHO, hasn't shown that it has the heart to win the big game. NE, despite the fact that the press has generally always picked them to lose the AFC championship games agains the Colts, find a way to win.

Far as the NFC goes, I don't think it matters.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Pats v Bears has some symmetry, since the Bears beat the Pats in the Super Bowl at the height of THEIR dynasty in the 80's.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Colts.... it's inevitable..
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Screw Frankenmanning and Tom "Clem Cladiddlehopper" Brady.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Naw, it's gonna be the Pats. It'll be an interesting game, but I really think the Colts D is gonna fold this next round.

Pats Vs. Bears and I hope the Pats win the big one. I hate to say it, but it's almost routine at this point.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    This IS ALL SAINTS Year!!!!!:cool:
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    Screw Frankenmanning and Tom "Clem Cladiddlehopper" Brady.

What... does Clem Cladiddlehopper mean?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    He reminds me of a big, horse faced hillbilly.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Bears and Colts. Colts win it all.
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:

Not everyone can be a swarthy man-stud such as yourself.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:

Really? I have him pegged as more of a smarmy pug-faced ****.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, but he's got three SB wins........I'd rather have Brady playing for my team that against it.

I'm enjoying the Pats run while it lasts. I've rooted for some PATHETIC Patriots teams through the years and will never forget the waxing that the Bears put on the Pats back in 1986.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited January 2007
    "Oh when the Saints, go marching in..." Kinda has a nice sound to it, don't you think?!

Don't think they'll win, but sure hope they do! I'm sick of the Pats!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    Having been born, raised and educated in Chi-town and U of I, my heart is of course with the Bears, they are my team, good bad or indifferent, in 85 they just did not beat the Pats they crushed them, the Pats opened with a field goal, led 3-0 and then kaboom, ah, I remember it like yesterday, thats the thing about being a Chicago sports fan, you have to take it and hold onto it, because it may be a while, Jordan changed that for a bit, but only a bit.

That said if it were not Chicago playing them, I would love to have the Saints win it all and I bet there is just a piece of Archie Manning that wants it for them, even against his boy.

All the games were pretty great this weekend, I just want to see some clean hard hitting games (of course with the Bears winning) I don't like all that dancing with tauting etc.

Go Bears and if they win God Bless Lovie against whichever one of those power house AFC teams wins their game.

RT1
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    I like the Pats. Having said that, Manning might be due for a big game. If he has it, Colts all the way.

Again this year, I don't see an NFC team that can beat either of the two AFC teams.
    Carl

• TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    Speaking of hard hits, how about that hit Bush took!!!! DAMN!
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    Speaking of hard hits, how about that hit Bush took!!!! DAMN!
    I felt it on my couch. They have been trying to hurt him all year. His starting contract money is more than some players entire career.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    I dont think I could breathe for about 2 minutes after that hit!! Im sure glad it wasnt my arse out there!

You're right, they have been going for his "knees" all year..
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited January 2007
    Having been born, raised and educated in Chi-town and U of I, my heart is of course with the Bears, they are my team, good bad or indifferent, in 85 they just did not beat the Pats they crushed them, the Pats opened with a field goal, led 3-0 and then kaboom, ah, I remember it like yesterday, thats the thing about being a Chicago sports fan, you have to take it and hold onto it, because it may be a while, Jordan changed that for a bit, but only a bit.

That said if it were not Chicago playing them, I would love to have the Saints win it all and I bet there is just a piece of Archie Manning that wants it for them, even against his boy.

All the games were pretty great this weekend, I just want to see some clean hard hitting games (of course with the Bears winning) I don't like all that dancing with tauting etc.

Go Bears and if they win God Bless Lovie against whichever one of those power house AFC teams wins their game.

RT1
    Very well put broham :)

You forgot about the Wold Champion White Sox and also the titles the Wolves have earned. After the Bears the only two teams LOOOOOOOONG overdue a championship season are the Cubs & the Blackhawks.

I very much agree with the dancing, taunting, and general jumping about like an idiot by the players after every single "good" play. You did your job bozo - get back to the line and get back in the game :mad:

Chicago sports fan over & out ;):D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    Halo wrote:
    Very well put broham :)

You forgot about the Wold Champion White Sox and also the titles the Wolves have earned. After the Bears the only two teams LOOOOOOOONG overdue a championship season are the Cubs & the Blackhawks.
    :D

Did not really forget, just passed over the Sox, I spent my entire youth, waking each morning and running to the screen door to get the Tribune and the Daily News, I lived and died on the Sox being a Southsider, I had to wait my entire life for that World Series Championship, it was sweet.

Go Bears!!

RT1
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    So I'm at Ticketmaster at 10:00 AM Monday morning to score two tickets for the Pats-Colts game. Tickets were not on sale the first day via the Internet or by telephone. You had to go to a Louisville or Indiana Ticketmaster location in person to make a purchase. Which I did... first in line at that.

At 10:00, the lady at the service desk pulls up the venue and locks in two tickets in section 306. All's a-go and gravy...

Then I'll be damned if she doesn't start shaking the mouse furiously, muttering something to the extent that "this darn here compuador is freezin' or sumpin"...

At which point, she exits out -- re-enters and all tickets are SOLD!!

How many times do you get a chance to see Brady vs Manning in the AFC Championship?!?!

not many...

I still feel sick.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    So I'm at Ticketmaster at 10:00 AM Monday morning to score two tickets for the Pats-Colts game. Tickets were not on sale the first day via the Internet or by telephone. You had to go a Louisville or Indiana Ticketmaster location in person to make a purchase. Which I did... first in line at that.

At 10:00, the lady at the service desk pulls up the venue and locks in two tickets in section 306. All's a-go and gravy...

Then I'll be damned if she doesn't start shaking the mouse furiously, muttering something to the extent that "this darn here compuador is freezin' or sumpin"...

At which point, she exits out -- re-enters and all tickets are SOLD!!

How many times do you get a chance to see Brady vs Manning in the AFC Championship?!?!

not many...

I still feel sick.

I think that I would've lost it, destroyed some property, and gone to jail for a few days!! Tough break.. Im up in Indiana at this time, I could meet ya at Champions in Louisville to watch the game.

Josh
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Champions is cool, but I always find myself at BW3's on Frankfort Ave... I'll let ya know:)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    A quick glance at Ebay makes me even more ill...
    At least I won't have to deal with the temptation to sell them.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    Instead of going to jail right away at the ticket booth, just sneak in.

Go Zombie Go, if you get caught I will send you a box of chocolates.

Alternative Idea, call the Colts tell them you have a disability and that an inadequate number of tickets were available for your particular ailment (this is likely very true) , you want a ticket, you may have to lose some body parts, but its an option.

RT1
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Zombie A-Go-Go... my favorite type of music.
    If you can swing Godiva, you have yourself a deal.

As for a disability, I'm a jack of all ailments, but master of none. So it might be a tough sell...
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    I think that I would've lost it, destroyed some property, and gone to jail for a few days!!

:confused: Tear stuff up and go to jail over a football game? I assumed your member name had to do with an audio mfg. Maybe not. Life's too short and I'd rather watch it on TV anyway.

• bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Sure, you see the game better on TV. But nothing beats the experience of being at a playoff game, especially for your favorite team. It's like having pure energy pumped into you. So much fun.

I'm sure there's some experience in your life that you would give anything for, shack. Imagine having that experience presented to you, adn then by someone else's stupidity have it taken away from you, right in front of your eyes. YOu're telling me you wouldn't at least have the URGE to punch something? It's a natural human response, lighten up.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    Champions is cool, but I always find myself at BW3's on Frankfort Ave... I'll let ya know:)

Im a bartender at BW3's in Jackson, Tn.; I cannot drink there! How sh*tty is that? BTW, nice to hear someone call it that. I havent heard B-dubs in a long time either. The "3" actually comes from: Buffalo Wild Wings & "Weck", it is some kind of sammich.. Let me know what you are thinking about, and possibly I can make it down there.

Josh

FYI- Im in my home town, Madison, In., until Jan. 25th..