24: Season Six

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    oh, I enjoy the show; I just think that yesterday's didn't have enough to keep me interested...and I don't need killing in every episode; heck, don't need killing at all. The whole Jack's family thing was ok...just ok for me. Things like the chopper rescue......they can do better than that; it just seems they didn't have enough good stuff to give and had to fill in the gaps with that kind of things.

It was a great episode for thickening the plot.

In the end we all know what happens though. Kim is the terrorist and Jack is forced to shoot his own "daughter."
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Who is whining? :confused:

Not you.
    HTRookie wrote:
    Wait a whole week...and they give us this???? What happened today? NOTHING.

They'll better start doing better than this.....

I think people just expect perfection from every show in a good series, but it's just not possible to please everyone with every ep. So we end up with "if they keep this up, I'm gonna stop watching!", a la Sopranos, Lost, and soon, 24...
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:

So we end up with "if they keep this up, I'm gonna stop watching!", a la Sopranos, Lost, and soon, 24...

im still lost with Lost, i can't even find it in my guide :(
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I think people just expect perfection from every show in a good series, but it's just not possible to please everyone with every ep. So we end up with "if they keep this up, I'm gonna stop watching!", a la Sopranos, Lost, and soon, 24...

And...isn't this what it's all about? At least for me, I watch TV to enjoy what I'm watching; if I stop enjoying something, I'll use my time for something else. I agree they cannot please everyone, and I am not saying I won't watch 24 anymore....Yesterday, for me, was not enjoyable enough.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2007
    I thought yesterday's episode was great........that single hour probably just set-up the next five hours. Jack isn't going to toture his brother - he's going to threaten to torture his wife and kid; going back to his roots, man. There is obviously some history there with the way that Graham was talking to his wife about Jack. I couldn't believe that Graham was his brother and we never knew about him or Phillip Bauer before. The writers have thrown the family spin into it this year with the new Bauers and Palmer's sister.

I still say Assad is the real villain here. I think this is all a front for him to get into CTU and gain their trust to deposit the other suitcase bombs.

This show is awesome.......I think some people seem to think that their isn't enough in certain episodes because it leaves you pining for so much more every week.

At least at the end of every season there is a conclusion; there are answers to most every question posed during the season. With Lost, I'll tell you what's lost. The writers have lost their **** minds and lost my viewership (is that a word?????). I stopped watching that POS show last season. I feel like they change plot lines so often that they have no idea where they have been or where they are going.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Kelley_Moore
    Kelley_Moore Posts: 57
    edited January 2007
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    shawn474 wrote:
    Jack isn't going to toture his brother - he's going to threaten to torture his wife and kid; going back to his roots, man. There is obviously some history there with the way that Graham was talking to his wife about Jack. I couldn't believe that Graham was his brother and we never knew about him or Phillip Bauer before. The writers have thrown the family spin into it this year with the new Bauers and Palmer's sister.

That's right, he's going to shoot the wife and son in the legs till he talks. Brilliant!

As far as the history between the wife and jack, I'm willing to be that graham stole her from jack when jack was in special forces in the military.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    From Terry? I thought when she died she was only a couple months preggo?

Jack's brother's wife is who I think Jack knocked up long time ago. Otherwise there was no point of the talk of her getting over Jack -- nor Jack's odd reaction to seeing his "nephew". I think that's Jack's illegitimate child. :p:D:D

I must say, his brother's wife is a bit MILFish..... :o
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Jack's brother's wife is who I think Jack knocked up long time ago. Otherwise there was no point of the talk of her getting over Jack -- nor Jack's odd reaction to seeing his "nephew". I think that's Jack's illegitimate child. :p:D:D

I must say, his brother's wife is a bit MILFish..... :o

Oooooooooo. The blond hair on the nephew matches jack more than it does Grahams dark hair.....I see it now! nice catch if it is true.

As far as the wife being a MILF, agreed....I'd hit it....two times....but then again that's not saying much....:o
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, Rena Sofer. She's also the politician's wife on Heroes.

Great eyes.... if I'm allowed to say that...

Oh, and BaggedLancer, Lost doesn't return till mid-Feb, so it wouldn't be in your guide.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Yeah, Rena Sofer. She's also the politician's wife on Heroes.

Great eyes.... if I'm allowed to say that...

Oh, and BaggedLancer, Lost doesn't return till mid-Feb, so it wouldn't be in your guide.

Well that makes sense why I can't find it. Thanks.
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too.
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Last night episode? much, much better.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    Last night episode? much, much better.

Agreed. And that second look of Jack towards Grahams wife confirms to me(in my mind anyway) that their son is really jacks kid.

At this point I'm not sure if the father really has anything to do with Grahams actions or knew what his entire plan was. Seems he was a bit confused when graham took control of the situation and captured Jack and him.

Seeing Walid take a beating was no suprise either. Especially since things were going so smoothly.

My prediction for next week: Graham gets shot by either Jack or his father and they take him back to CTU to find out what he really knows. Grahams wife definately gets factored into the equation now instead of just the blank stares she has been giving to Jack although I am not sure how she gets brought into it. And lastly, this will be the episode either Kim or Audrey show up(more than likely Audrey since Jack needs someone now since he realized his family is F'd up).
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Good prediction; I also think things will get nasty at the White House (or bunker). A test to the president's character.

SOPA
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    Good prediction; I also think things will get nasty at the White House (or bunker). A test to the president's character.

Totally forgot about that, Tom Lennox, after the president denies his proposal is going to try and get congress to vote that the president is not "fit" to run the office due to traumatic stress from his sister and what happened to his brother in the past.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    This thread needs to be brought back to life, predictions for this week?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    Prediction #1: Graham ended up getting interogated by Jack and almost died. I was close.

Prediction #2: Jack and Marilyn confirmed that there was something between them. I was right

I totally didn't see Graham dying this episode, but glad he's gone anyway.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2007
    Another president is gonna get whacked. Or at least an attempt will be made.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Remember we get 2 hours of 24 tonight, so it starts an hour earlier than normal.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited February 2007
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2007
    DVR is ready, school tonight :( :mad:
  • MattN03
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Remember we get 2 hours of 24 tonight, so it starts an hour earlier than normal.

Thanks for the reminder. Is Prison Break not on then?
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    MattN03 wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder. Is Prison Break not on then?

Correct. Just two hours of 24 tonight.

And Heroes, of course :) Yay dual-tuner DVRs.
  • MattN03
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Correct. Just two hours of 24 tonight.

And Heroes, of course :) Yay dual-tuner DVRs.

Thanks! Yep, dual-tuner DVR's rock! :D
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    Bump

Logan's Heroes tonight...:mad:
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Bump

Logan's Heroes tonight...:mad:

Huh?
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2007
    You know, President Logan, from last season...?

24paneldiscussion.jpg
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2007
    I missed last night's show. Is there a web site I can visit that will give me a synpopsis of that episode? Or someone can kindly PM me with the details?

Thanks.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."