24: Season Six

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    I think all Ahmed needed was some White Castle. :p

I was really surprised that thing went off.
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited January 2007
    Anybody else get a sick feeling when that damn thing went off?
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    opus wrote:
    Anybody else get a sick feeling when that damn thing went off?

Yea, I'm kinda hoping kim was in that blast radius.....we'll see.

It's about time they added a twist like that with a Nuke actually going off.

Anyone catch the quote from the preview for next week "I was going to be done but now that this happened im not"

Jack is here to stay!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Wow.

Most shocking moment?
    1) Curtis being shot
    2) Nuke
    3) Jack Bauer Crying.

I think I vote 3. :)

Get over the Kim thing, will you? Jesus, she was in like 2 episodes for 6 minutes last season.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Soon as i saw there was an issue between curtis and hassad i knew one of them was going to die.

As far as jack crying...that's his way of saying "not again"
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Curtis shot... by Jack...and a Nuke..just on the 4th hour.

They must have some good stuff this season to keep this pace.

So far, I think it's great (and still want to see Kim).

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • opus
    edited January 2007
    Last year was my first year watching. What the hell did Kim do to piss everybody off? I'm willing to jump on the "Kill the ****" train but would like to know why
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

-flea market
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    opus wrote:
    Last year was my first year watching. What the hell did Kim do to piss everybody off? I'm willing to jump on the "Kill the ****" train but would like to know why

it's only really me that dislikes kim.

I just can't stand how rediculous of a character she is. Her side plots are usually very rediculous such as getting stuck in a bear trap and about to be attacked by tigers or whatever those huge cats were.

Also, for being the daughter of Jack Bauer, she should definately have some sort of intelligence like jack does. She went from being a no-name daughter at the end of one season to being a CTU agent the next. Her character just doesn't add up/fit in.

Therefore, my attitude, "kill the ****" as you so gently put it :D
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Jack wasn't crying. He was curing the cancer of all of the nuclear blast victims. Jack Bauer crying...pfft... :rolleyes:
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    opus wrote:

She weakens Jack, and she doesn't deserve it.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2007
    Jack is back!
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:

That is one of the funniest comments i read so far. :D

I also couldn't believe that nuke actually went off. This season is getting exciting now that some characters are being killed off.

Rumor has it that Chloe dies soon. I was just beginning to get used to her... ah well. She will die for the greater good.

And i don't think her boy friend is a double agent. The other guy is - I forget his name...the guy with the goatee...He is definately no good.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    POLKOHOLIC wrote:

And i don't think her boy friend is a double agent. The other guy is - I forget his name...the guy with the goatee...He is definately no good.

Mylo
    POLKOHOLIC wrote:

Rumor has it that Chloe dies soon. I was just beginning to get used to her... ah well. She will die for the greater good.

I just don't see her getting killed off soon especially with the "updated" character profile. It is actually kind of suprising to me that she hasn't moved up any ranks at CTU this season......she has been for six years in the same job.....
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2007
    Who's going to be Jack's right hand man now that Curtis got whacked. I'm pretty sure nobody is lining up for that job, but could we see Agent Pierce sometime soon to help out Jack......
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    There was a commercial on TV about a new CTU agent for weeks before the premiere of the show. I think that's the guy. Mike Doyle aka Rick Shroeder....

24logostartni7.gif
  • szhleppy
    szhleppy Posts: 320
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:

I had a hard time seeing him as someone other than Kumar! Are you trying to tell me that now we are going to have the kid from Silver Spoons as an agent? That will be on the same level as seeing Doogie as a hard-partying womanizer.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Or last year, when Rudy was a CTU agent.

And Robocop was a terrorist.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Everytime I saw Lynn McGill I was half expecting him to say to Jack " I made a promise, Mr Bauer. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to."
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Wait a whole week...and they give us this???? What happened today? NOTHING.

They'll better start doing better than this.....

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited January 2007
    We need 2 hours of 24 every Monday!!! :D 1 hour just doesn't cut it!
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    I agree....nothing else even worth watching.
  • opus
    edited January 2007
    I guess we now know what the Sopranos writers are doing during their off season:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

-flea market
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Trying to find more ways to ruin a once great show? :p
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited January 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    Wait a whole week...and they give us this???? What happened today? NOTHING.

They'll better start doing better than this.....

You mean other than us finding out that the guy who helped terrorists 2 seasons ago is actually Jack's brother? or that Jack has a father?

Jack having a father was really surprising...I thought he was sent down to earth by god to destroy middle eastern men ...
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    I'm thinking that Jack's "nephew" is actually Jack's son....if that makes any sense to you.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2007
    Great show tonight!

Jack didn't kill anyone, but I hoping he makes up for it next week with two double taps.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    Here come all the whiners.

Why can't anyone just ENJOY a TV show anymore? Once a show is popular in its first season, now everyone jumps on the "this show sucks now" wagon. There's TWENTY-FOUR episodes, they can't all have Jack randomly killing people

I thought this episode was pretty great. Lots of Jack backstory that we never got before.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Who is whining? :confused:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    POLKOHOLIC wrote:
    You mean other than us finding out that the guy who helped terrorists 2 seasons ago is actually Jack's brother? or that Jack has a father?

Jack having a father was really surprising...I thought he was sent down to earth by god to destroy middle eastern men ...

Couldn't agree more with all the above statements. Finding out that Graham was actually jacks brother was definately an interesting plot twist.
    Demiurge wrote:
    I'm thinking that Jack's "nephew" is actually Jack's son....if that makes any sense to you.

From Terry? I thought when she died she was only a couple months preggo?

On another note, it should be intersting to see what Jack actually does to his brother with the wife and son home and how he knows that his brother is involved.
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Here come all the whiners.

Why can't anyone just ENJOY a TV show anymore? Once a show is popular in its first season, now everyone jumps on the "this show sucks now" wagon. There's TWENTY-FOUR episodes, they can't all have Jack randomly killing people

I thought this episode was pretty great. Lots of Jack backstory that we never got before.

oh, I enjoy the show; I just think that yesterday's didn't have enough to keep me interested...and I don't need killing in every episode; heck, don't need killing at all. The whole Jack's family thing was ok...just ok for me. Things like the chopper rescue......they can do better than that; it just seems they didn't have enough good stuff to give and had to fill in the gaps with that kind of things.

SOPA