24: Season Six

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2007
    Tonight's first two hours was kinda unimpactful. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Still a great show, just more of the same...

I hope tomorrow's 2 hours will be better.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    That's why they show the first 4 in a 2 part block. It's a build up.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    My wife always viewed Keifer as his charactor in "Lost Boys". Tonight didn't help that. ;)

So far, I count the score:

Terrorrists: 700ish
    Jack: 2

He better pick up the pace soon.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    I'm definately not feeling his new attitude of "I can't do this anymore".

Jack Bauer, CTU Vampire.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I like it, it makes him a little more human. S'long as he kicks some **** down the road, of course. The guy was tortured for almost 2 years straight, how can he NOT be a LITTLE out of it?

Also, we made the Lost Boys joke as well, glad someone else made the connection.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    I am cheering for him.

I think it was more realistic that the years in a Chinese Concentration\Interegation Prison would have taken toll on him, apparently more mental than physical.

The show is trying to tackle some issues while staying entertaining, not sure Cloey is going to make it as a sex symbol, but well, yea, you know I would hit it in a heartbeat.

RT1
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    I am cheering for him.

I think it was more realistic that the years in a Chinese Concentration\Interegation Prison would have taken toll on him, apparently more mental than physical.

The show is trying to tackle some issues while staying entertaining, not sure Cloey is going to make it as a sex symbol, but well, yea, you know I would hit it in a heartbeat.

RT1

Cloey is the next michelle. She will die at some point....anyone wanna bet?

It's Cloey or Kim. Personally i'd rather see kim die by falling in a shredder or something, but I'll settle for cloey.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    They're trying to make Chloe good looking in this season. Uh, not working. Her boyfriend is probably some type of double agent, and a major character will probably die tonight because of the silent clock.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    and a major character will probably die tonight because of the silent clock.

hopefully kim..she shoulda got smoked in the first season with her mother..i don't wanna see her ever again. It's disgusting that Jack gave birth to a creature of that nature.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    hopefully kim..she shoulda got smoked in the first season with her mother..i don't wanna see her ever again. It's disgusting that Jack gave birth to a creature of that nature.

Well...I do want to see her.....she's HOT!!!!!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    Well...I do want to see her.....she's HOT!!!!!!!!

That's fine, you can see her for the 30 seconds before they kill her off.

I wanna see Audrey.....i wish Kim Raver was my friends mom :)
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    What.... what the hell is wrong with you people?! Who could ever say no to Elisha Cuthbert (Kim)?! I coudl stare at her all day and not ever be unhappy. She's at least 500x hotter than that horse-face Audrey.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    That's fine, you can see her for the 30 seconds before they kill her off.

I wanna see Audrey.....i wish Kim Raver was my mom :)

I find this statement a bit...creepy... :p
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    What.... what the hell is wrong with you people?! Who could ever say no to Elisha Cuthbert (Kim)?! I coudl stare at her all day and not ever be unhappy. She's at least 500x hotter than that horse-face Audrey.

It's not her that I have a problem with. It is her character. To be the daughter of jack bauer she should atleast have some sort of super power like jack. She has no skills, no talents, and is just plain dumb as bricks.

Although I will give her a few brownie points in season 2(maybe 3?) when she shot that father that abused his children.

Jack: "Kim, shoot him"
    *Bang*
    Kim: "I shot him"
    Jack: "Kim, shoot him...again"
    *Bang*
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    I find this statement a bit...creepy... :p

Oh come on, shes good looking for being almost 40!(38)
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Oh come on, shes good looking for being almost 40!(38)

Yeah, but you don't want her to be your mom -- you want her to be your friend's mom. ;)
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Oh, and of the 2 Miss. Raver is much more attractive, even with that hook nose. Cuthbert just never did it for me.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Yeah, but you don't want her to be your mom -- you want her to be your friend's mom. ;)

AHh yes, that's true.......

Edited my post!
    Demiurge wrote:
    Oh, and of the 2 Miss. Raver is much more attractive, even with that hook nose. Cuthbert just never did it for me.

Atleast someone else can spot good looks!

http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/5105/KimRaver_Caulf_10080898_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Raver,%20Kim&seq=19
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    This is crazy talk! I feel as if I'm going insane! :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    This is crazy talk! I feel as if I'm going insane! :D

After talking with bobman on AIM, I have decided to compromise. If they give her to the Chinese, gag her and torture her like they did to Jack, I can settle for that.
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited January 2007
    i didnt really enjoy this season so far..it seems like everyone is married or in love etc... i mean come on. we arnt watching some soap... kill some ****...NOW god damnit !
  • first capital
    first capital Posts: 100
    edited January 2007
    Jack Bauer carnival geek?:confused:
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2007
    You haven't enjoyed this season so far??????? IT'S TWO HOURS OLD!!!!! Give it a FEW episodes, man. They have to have some character development. Buchanon and the Sec. of Defense are this years Tony and Michelle. You can take it to the bank that Buchanon gets capped tonight and snaps Jack out of the "I can't do this anymore" phase.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • shawn474
    edited January 2007
    First hour = DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two best lines:
    1. Jack as he is throwing innocent, unassuming gentleman to the pavement: "Don't get up!"

2. Chloe: "I don't know. It's your character flaw, not mine."

Classic.
    Shawn
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited January 2007
    I know, it's only 2 episodes into it, but I was a little disappointed to see that they're still using the whole radical muslim middle eastern thing. Couldn't they be a little more creative? Aren't there any other bad guy groups out there?
    Little league parents? Soccer moms? Peta?
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    shawn474 wrote:
    First hour = DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two best lines:
    1. Jack as he is throwing innocent, unassuming gentleman to the pavement: "Don't get up!"

2. Chloe: "I don't know. It's your character flaw, not mine."

Classic.

Curtis:

"There is no we.....there is us....then there is you."
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    damn, curtis was around for quite a few seasons....now dead.
  • shawn474
    edited January 2007
    Uhhhhhhhhhh, HOLY SHITBALLS!!!!!!! That sets up a season right there. Now we have to wait six whole days for one more hour......................
    Shawn
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited January 2007
    If their are Terrorist attacks all over the country why is the president in the oval office?

That said.

I like me some Nadia.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D