Times have really changed

1234568»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Think carefully about what you will be reading.
    This is a new one for me...

Mary had a little Lamb,
    His fleece was white as snow.
    And everywhere that Mary went,
    The Lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school each day,
    T'wasn't even in the rule.
    It made the children laugh and play,
    To have a Lamb at school.

And then the rules all changed one day,
    Illegal it became;
    To bring the Lamb of God to school,
    Or even speak His Name!

Every day got worse and worse,
    And days turned into years.
    Instead of hearing children laugh,
    We heard gun shots and tears.

What must we do to stop the crime,
    That's in our schools today?
    Let's let the Lamb come back to school,

And teach our kids to pray!

It is said that 86% of Canadian,

American & British people believe in God.

Why don't we just tell the other 14%

to be quiet and sit down????
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    Just one of MANY examples of how the majority yields to the wishes of the minority.

I'm sad to say that things will likely get worse before it ever starts to get better.

Edit- Hell, I'd just be happy with the way it was when I was a kid. I grew up in a racially heated city(Memphis) and went to school with an equal amount of races(black-white ratio). Growing up, I had just as many black friends as white.....I guess it still all comes down to how you're raised by your parents.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    ND13 wrote:
    Just one of MANY examples of how the majority yields to the wishes of the minority.

I'm sad to say that things will likely get worse before it ever starts to get better.

Edit- Hell, I'd just be happy with the way it was when I was a kid. I grew up in a racially heated city(Memphis) and went to school with an equal amount of races(black-white ratio). Growing up, I had just as many black friends as white.....I guess it still all comes down to how you're raised by your parents.

Ditto, I grew up with as many white friends as black and we got along just fine even during the racial riots during the late 60s. My junior-senior high school was 50% black, 50% white give a percent or two. We had my 30 year reunion in 2003 and the black guys and the white guys were together laughing and remembering all the crazy and fun things we did. We even talked about how we dealt with the racial tensions at the time. Some youngun wrote on this thread earlier that THEIR generation atleast learned some tolerance of the races because of MTV and Nickelodean. .. .we didn't tolerate each other we were friends.

That was at a time when the Lord's prayer was recited in homeroom along with the pledge of allegiance first thing in the morning.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    It is said that 86% of Canadian, American & British people believe in God. Why don't we just tell the other 14% to be quiet and sit down????

Its ironic that you suggest telling people to be quiet and sit down that don't subscribe to your religion, yet you bring up religion more than anyone on this forum. Maybe you are a certain percentage of the 86% that the 14% thinks should be quiet and sit down. ;)
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    Its ironic that people who blame religious people for being intolerant can't tolerate when a religious person voices their opinion, and would like to have a moment for prayer. Now thats funny. Merry Christmas. Oops was I supposed to say happy holidays, so I wouldn't offend anyone who doesn't believe in Christ?

Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben